• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 3 -

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I did a few levels of Mark of the Ninja last night and it's actually surprisingly good for one of these 2D games Gaf foams over. It's a very competent stealth game too, nowhere near the greatest ever yet like some people were saying, but very solid. Certainly more so than Dishonored.

If you ever needed any confirmation that the Mayans were right, here it is. It's been fun, guys.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Let's take bets on whether Derrick will decide the game isn't really that great either before it's over or one/two weeks after when he has let it stew a bit ala Dishonored.

Nymerio

Is it possible to have a shortcut for a non-steam game that launches said game through steam? Basically I want a metro tile for a non steam game but I want to launch it through steam to have the overlay.

edit: Ah, i got it. Add to steam -> create shortcut

Nabs

So I did a few levels of Mark of the Ninja last night and it's actually surprisingly good for one of these 2D games Gaf foams over. It's a very competent stealth game too, nowhere near the greatest ever yet like some people were saying, but very solid. Certainly more so than Dishonored.

Oh shit. This might actually get people to check it out now.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
5.4 million on Steam. 6 million by dec-jan. Steam seems to be consistently growing.

Surprise, surprise. Steam will be THE major gaming hub. My bet is on more than 50% of every PC gamer having a Steam account in the not too far future. As long as Steam stays the friendly company it is, I dont mind that all that much, but it is a bit unsettling at the same time too.

Surprise, surprise. Steam will be THE major gaming hub of the future. My bet is on more than 50% of every PC gamer having a Steam account in the not too far future. As long as Steam stays the friendly company it is, I dont mind that all that much, but it is a bit unsettling at the same time too.

I find it awesome,it brings pc gamers together a lot more as a community as opposed to before.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
I find it awesome,it brings pc gamers together a lot more as a community as opposed to before.

Oh sure! Me too. I love steam and their community features. I got to know a few very precious people through steam. Its just that companies that tend to unify a lot of power/have a monopoly tend to act out certain weird.. habits sometimes which might not be all that in favor of the customer.

Oh sure! Me too. I love steam and their community features. I got to know a few very precious people through steam. Its just that companies that tend to unify a lot of power/have a monopoly tend to act out certain weird.. habits sometimes which might not be all that in favor of the customer.

Those kinds of companies are publicly owned though.

cross-posting from the Amazon Lego Deal thread:

So I start downloading LB2, leave comp for a bit to grab a drink, come back to find this

DhCF5.png

lolwat

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Wow thanks, I almost felt bad because everybody keeps pimping the game and I just couldn't get into it like everybody else seems. I love the style and atmosphere but there was just something about the gameplay that didn't click with me.
I too thought I was the only one who couldn't get into the game, as everyone else seems to love it. For example, I had much more fun playing the first Red Faction (came out in 2001 I think) for the first time a couple of months ago, than I did during the 2 hours I spent on Bioshock. I'll still give it a chance, but I can't stop thinking what a wasted opportunity. They had everything to make a spectacular game, but they ruined the single most important thing: the gameplay.

JustinBB7

Think this is a new peak record 5,533,854.

The old record was 5.4 and something according to Valve. So now it's 5.5.

It's already going down so I guess it's not going any higher anymore tonight. But it's still early in Europe and America so maybe. Hopefully 6 million with Christmas sales and/or Dota 2 release.

MNC

Just completed Bioshock 2.

I may have voiced my opinion after pre-ordering Bioshock 2 and saying it was such a boring rip-off of Bioshock 1. I took a break from it (like, a year or 2 or something) and decided it was time again, seeing all the news of Bioshock Infinite.

Could I ever be so wrong?

My prior opinion of Bioshock 2 was "that it was the whole Andrew Ryan story, but this time with Sofia Lamb" (I was so young and silly!) and some gameplay elements tacked on. Having finally played some more, it's good to see the story is different and gameplay tweaked from the regular Bioshock 1 formula. The story of Delta and Eleanor is a good selfstanding story that also complements the story in BS1 and I loved the dialogue. Bioshock's presentation stays superb throughout; strong dialogue, voice acting, music. Tweaked gameplay; remote hacking, using Little Sisters, dual wielding gameplay (Plasmids and Drill Rush are so fucking fun to use).

However, surroundings and Rapture itself grew stale after 1.5th of Bioshock, and nothing that could mimick locations such as Sander Cohen's part in BS1, though enough memorable parts throughout.
(I liked the throwback though!)

It was nice to experience the daddy/daughter story by it just being a solid story, without trying to one-up it's previous entry in the series. I loved the ending, and it was so much better than the first game's ending. All in all, a great revisit to Rapture, but I'm glad we're going other places!

Edit: Got the "Best Ending" of
saving Sofia Lamb and Delta being consumed by Eleanor.
Man, looking up all the different endings, some of that stuff is pretty saddening.

Echoplx

Playing through The Darkness 2 I can't help but feel a little disoriented, there's just so much shit all over my screen it hurts my mind.

MNC

Did you not like the amusement park in BS2? That was probably one of the best parts.

I liked Ryan Amusements, but that's about the only memorable location. The prison location was one big maze and I actually had to turn on the objective arrow to see where I had to go. I liked every underwater bit and Fontaine Futuristics was just okay.

Haven't tried Minerva's Den.

coopolon

My only problem with Bioshock 2 is that there's no "pull up radial menu and pause the game to pick new powers/weapons" button like there is in Bioshock 1 and on console versions of Bioshock 2. I know, sucky me for not being able to rapidly choose between multiple weapons and powers using number keys/function keys but without that menu/pause system I just ended up using the same two weapons and two powers and that really defeats the point of the game to me.

I also don't see what people go so crazy about with Minerva's Den. It's just more Bioshock 2. Which is fine, I liked Bioshock 2, but I remember it getting soo much hype when it was released I have a hard time understanding why now.

I also don't see what people go so crazy about with Minerva's Den. It's just more Bioshock 2. Which is fine, I liked Bioshock 2, but I remember it getting soo much hype when it was released I have a hard time understanding why now.

The story in Minerva's Den is better than that of both full games but yeah, mechanically it doesn't really do much outside of give you a sweet laser gun and play around with the order in which you're introduced to plasmids.

Think this is a new peak record 5,533,854.

The old record was 5.4 and something according to Valve. So now it's 5.5.

It's already going down so I guess it's not going any higher anymore tonight. But it's still early in Europe and America so maybe. Hopefully 6 million with Christmas sales and/or Dota 2 release.

new record again lol:

Aw yeah, got the Indie Gala V BTA2 Bundle for $2. Been wanting Ninja Blade for cheap.

I'll probably drop Disciples II and SBK X: Superbike codes here later. And these too:

Dangerous Waters
Ghost Master
Dark Fall: Lost Souls
Achtung Panzer: Operation Star
Space Empires V
Sacred Gold

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom