• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 3 -

Status
Not open for further replies.

allansm

I'm very disappointed with They Bleed Pixels. I bought it expecting something like Super Meat Boy and although it is, its gameplay is not nearly as polished and refined, which just makes the game frustrating. I completed all levels in Super Meat Boy and never wanted to just give up on the game, while in They Bleed Pixels I thought about giving up a few times already. Long sections where you are not able to place checkpoints, enemies placed with the sole intention to kill you... Super Meat Boy was difficult but fair, most of the levels were short to avoid frustration and a good run was something elegant, not the mess that it is here.

Quote with the title of what you want to receive a pm containing a code for either Cryostasis or Legendary.

Please one per person.

Edit: gggggone

Nabs

It's Call of Duty game. It's full price. It's going to be full price no matter where you look. And it'll continue to be full price for six months after release.

I grabbed it for $45 from Amazon, and a bunch of my friends picked it up for $48 @ Gamefly (digital) and Newegg. The $12 Newegg promo code might still be alive, but I don't think Detox is trying to buy from Newegg.

Game Guru

I like Desura! It's like the third of the three video game distribution services that I like... After Steam & GOG, of course. I keep my Desura keys for the most part even, though that's more me not trusting any one digital service but not going out of my way to purchase copies of games on all three.

LuffyZoro

If you want to predict the outcome before the actual election, Stardock's Political Machine 2012 is half off on Steam right now for a total of $5. Alternatively, if you can find 3 other people who want it, the four pack evens out to $2.50 each.

Do you have what it takes to be president?

Play as more than 20 candidates including Barack Obama, Mitt Romney, Rick Santorum, Ron Paul, Newt Gingrich or create your own candidate from scratch.

Players take to the campaign trail against a computer controlled opponent or a human challenger over the Internet. The goal: win the hearts and minds of America’s voters to achieve victory in the 2012 presidential election.

The Political Machine 2012 features updated political topics from across the United States. Issues such as Afghanistan, the economy, Obamacare, income inequality, gay marriage, and the national debt have been integrated into the game’s election database. Regional issues require the candidate to walk a tight rope between appealing to the widest range of voters and appearing to “flip flop.”

NZNova

I grabbed it for $45 from Amazon, and a bunch of my friends picked it up for $48 @ Gamefly (digital) and Newegg. The $12 Newegg promo code might still be alive, but I don't think Detox is trying to buy from Newegg.

it's $99.95 US on steam for me. Fuck that.

cicero

Aw yeah, got the Indie Gala V BTA2 Bundle for $2. Been wanting Ninja Blade for cheap.

I'll probably drop Disciples II and SBK X: Superbike codes here later. And these too:

Dangerous Waters
Ghost Master
Dark Fall: Lost Souls
Achtung Panzer: Operation Star
Space Empires V
Sacred Gold

How did you get it for $2?

Guess I have to turn in my man card.

ss_93dc367f4e59c1a8ff1c376742e6da59ec1cffbc.1920x1080.jpg

HoosTrax

Yeah a few did the other day.. very awesome.. if you're unsure - grab it.. REAL MEN PLAY FAERIE SOLITAIRE AND RAISE MAGIC HORSIES!
I just gave it a try earlier this evening, and it's surprisingly fun. Going to be one of those games I play in between more "meaty" fare.

I felt a little stupid at first, because I skipped past the pop up screen describing the game mechanics, assuming it was the same rules as Microsoft Solitaire. Nope.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
I have it, ran into a game breaking bug at the end of the first stage. Didn't feel like restarting but the port itself seemed fine.

Atruvius

Tried to install a demo several times yesterday evening. "Steam servers are too busy to handle your request." Tried again right now, the next day. "Steam servers are too busy to handle your request."

How can this be? There's only 2.6 million people logged on to Steam right now. I really shouldn't have to deal with stuff like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom