• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 3 -

Status
Not open for further replies.

robotnik

Huge props again to Santini for giving me Cortex Command. Bought one of the current bundles to give something back to GAF. Quote + name the game you want.

Omegalodon Desura
Majesty 2 Steam
East India Company Steam
Lead and Gold Steam
Knights of Honor Steam
Hearts Of Iron II Steam
Elven Legacy Steam
Commander: Conquest Of The Americas
The Kings' Crusade

#GAFGiftgivingchainreaction
Omegalodon?

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Did I miss East India Company?

Noticed there are two more games in that bundle so I am still having:
Omegalodon Desura
Majesty 2 Steam
East India Company Steam
Lead and Gold Steam
Knights of Honor Steam
Hearts Of Iron II Steam
Elven Legacy Steam
The Kings' Crusade Steam

factorone

Neo Member
Noticed there are two more games in that bundle so I am still having:
Omegalodon Desura
Majesty 2 Steam
East India Company Steam
Lead and Gold Steam
Knights of Honor Steam
Hearts Of Iron II Steam
Elven Legacy Steam
Commander: Conquest Of The Americas Steam
The Kings' Crusade Steam

Kings Crusade?

edit: thanks!

cicero

Done with my gifting. Alright, enjoy your games guys!

And that is why you give these away via PM!

The mad scramble is very fun if you actually get what you are frantically trying to enter into Steam. If you get nothing, or a Wario64 type "joke", not so much fun.

Thank you for giving those out btw. Very nice of you.

masterkajo

Wow, a lot of giveaways in here it seems.

Well, I just finished the second epsiode of Telltale's The Walking Dead... and why didn't I buy this game at full price back when it came out? It is soooo good. It does everything Heavy Rain tried to (and I liked the game for what it was) but ten times better and more + it has Zombies. The writing is excellent in most scenes and the attention to detail as far as story and dialogue goes is far beyond gaming story telling. I also love the comparison of your choices to other people's at the end of the epsiodes.

IIRC, Telltale announced a second season, right?

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
I'd love a Bad Rats code. I need to know if it's that bad.

Its not something you want. Its something you deserve.

And no, I dont consider it the worst game on Steam

I remember someone on GAF (ShockingAlberto?) posting about a bet he had running with a friend: If he managed to finish Bad Rats he'd get to choose one $50 on Steam. I think he did it.

EOlwJ.jpg

Nabs

It looks like Square is about to release a bunch of old titles on Steam. Tomb Raider (Chronicles and TLR) and Legacy of Kain (Defiance, Soul Reaver 1 & 2) seem to be in the registry.

It looks like Square is about to release a bunch of old titles on Steam. Tomb Raider (Chronicles and TLR) and Legacy of Kain (Defiance, Soul Reaver 1 & 2) seem to be in the registry.

I wonder if/when Final Fantasy VII will finally show up after being in the registry for so long.

Great news. I'm ashamed to say I have never played a Soul Reaver game. I'm going to change that of course.

Persona7

Banned

Good to see, I already have all of those titles on GOG though.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences

Great news if so. Still wish we could get Blood Omen ANYWHERE though.

Toma

Before I forget, just wanted to drop a line that I love you GAF. Just had a few amazing matches of Frozen Synapse with a guy I just met on here and it made me remember all the good things and threads that I shared with some of you.

Good times.

cicero

Very nice. To be quite honest though, I would rather have them on GOG, so I am glad I already bought them there. All but Legacy of Kain that is.

Game Guru

Very nice. To be quite honest though, I would rather have them on GOG, so I am glad I already bought them there. All but Legacy of Kain that is.

Yeah, GOG is better in regards to classic titles as a whole. I also bought the Tomb Raider games on GOG right around when they launched since I loved the PS1 and DC games back in the day. I would still pay good money for Final Fantasy VII if it were on Steam or GOG and not using SecuROM.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Quickly doing the oracle thing:

You'll be in for a surprise, ho ho ho.
Fuck you guys, of course it was all part of the plan. You work for Sega, and I feel like a fool!

Big Bo? I'll bear that in mind, thanks. And I'll make sure not to stop playing until I beat the first boss, at least.

Hinomura

Just beaten Prototype 2. Felt more mainstream compared to the first both in good and bad ways. It's more polished but has less freedom to customize the main character, controls and movesets are similar but there's some tweak, you need no grind but it ends in 8/9 hours (client says 8, web says 9, in the first one I've spent a lot more time) even doing a bit of side missions, no particular threats from enemies and last boss is much easier.

If you liked the first one, the second is at least interesting to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom