• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 3 -

Status
Not open for further replies.

xJavonta

Banned
So, the MSRP dropped to $9.99 for Sine Mora on GMG. I got this on Steam at $15, since I had money in my Steam Wallet. They took the price off on Steam... I hope I get some money back in my wallet if it indeed dropped to $9.99.

Also, I got 3 extra copies of Dota 2 if anyone wants them.

I don't think you're gonna get that back, but who knows.

Just beaten Prototype 2. Felt more mainstream compared to the first both in good and bad ways. It's more polished but has less freedom to customize the main character, controls and movesets are similar but there's some tweak, you need no grind but it ends in 8/9 hours (client says 8, web says 9, in the first one I've spent a lot more time) even doing a bit of side missions, no particular threats from enemies and last boss is much easier.

If you liked the first one, the second is at least interesting to play.

Took me 17 hours to beat Prototype 2.

I played both for the first time, back-to-back recently, started with Prototype 2 and then played the first game. Prototype 1's power/level-up system is terrible. It's just a menu, there's no context, connection, no design introducing and tying these mechanics to gameplay it's just lazy. It's just there. You earn points and then just select some shit from a menu. It's so arbitrary and detached.

I loved in P2 how if a boss had a power, you would kill that boss and absorb its power Mega Man-style. The power would then be tied into the design of that or the following mission, you would be provided context for how to use a power, like why it's useful for defeating certain enemies. Power-ups for your abilities were even tied into the gameplay, you see a tank enemy in the open world with a genetic marker icon, you drop whatever you're doing, kill, fight and absorb that enemy to gain a power-up.

The stories in both are terrible and the protagonists are both unlikable douchebags but I found I enjoyed the gameplay more in the second game.

Dingotech

So I've asked in the Amazon Lego deal thread but I might as well ask here too.

Can you buy an Amazon PC download deal twice on the same account?

I'm tempted to buy a Lego pack to start a Steam account for my kids, but also buy a pack for my own Steam account.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So I've asked in the Amazon Lego deal thread but I might as well ask here too.

Can you buy an Amazon PC download deal twice on the same account?

I'm tempted to buy a Lego pack to start a Steam account for my kids, but also buy a pack for my own Steam account.

I just answered your question in the other thread. This is why cross-posting is bad. :p

Deques

So, the MSRP dropped to $9.99 for Sine Mora on GMG. I got this on Steam at $15, since I had money in my Steam Wallet. They took the price off on Steam... I hope I get some money back in my wallet if it indeed dropped to $9.99.

Also, I got 3 extra copies of Dota 2 if anyone wants them.

bought it yesterday from GMG, with the discount code the game is almost half the price than in the Steam Store, even more if you pay in euro

iNvid02

the product page for the deluxe edition of ac3 on amazon.com has been updated with:

Requires Steam Client to activate.
Includes Assassin's Creed III Season Pass.

$65 with pass and all the preorder bonuses - not sure if it applies to standard edition

dani_dc

the product page for the deluxe edition of ac3 on amazon.com has been updated with:

$65 with pass and all the preorder bonuses - not sure if it applies to standard edition

Requires Steam to activate?
That's surprising. I wonder if there's going to be any kind of Steam integration (even if over Uplay, have to love multiple layers of DRM) this time around.

I hope the same deal applies to Steam deluxe edition, $65 is a bit too much for my taste, but considering Revelation went as low as 50% off during last christmas sale (around a month after release) I'll be tempted to get the Deluxe edition for 33~40,

iNvid02

Requires Steam to activate?
That's surprising. I wonder if there's going to be any kind of Steam integration (even if over Uplay, have to love multiple layers of DRM) this time around.

I hope the same deal applies to Steam deluxe edition, $65 is a bit too much for my taste, but considering Revelation went as low as 50% off during last christmas sale (around a month after release) I'll be tempted to get the Deluxe edition for 33~40,

uplay doesnt have cd key redemption yet lol, so prob why they're dishing out steam keys for digital purchases.

It's really as awesome as it looks.

FTL is a cool little game and it'll last you hours if it's your kind of game but if you want to experience the best character ever you owe it to yourself to play Binary Domain.

In the 8 or so years I have had a steam account, FTL is my second most played game ever in terms of hours and accounts for 15% of my total play time across every game I own. It is just that good.

I've sunk over 30 hours into it.

Lizardus

I am really hoping all digital copies are steam redeemable. I want to grab AC3 from GMG. GMG doesnt have a page for it as far as I know.

JaseC

I am really hoping all digital copies are steam redeemable. I want to grab AC3 from GMG. GMG doesnt have a page for it as far as I know.

AC3 has been up on GMG for a while now, it's just not being sold outside of the UK/Europe.

Edit: It appears this is true of all Ubi games on GMG.

Alex

So guys FTL or Binary Domain?

Yakuza is great and all, and it's nice that people want to support their team but Binary Domain is nowhere near as special or great as it's little cult fanbase will tell you. It's a rather standard shooter with the usual few quirks. It's def not a bad game, though, I mean I enjoyed it but it ain't no FTL, that's for sure.

dani_dc

uplay doesnt have cd key redemption yet lol, so prob why they're dishing out steam keys for digital purchases.

I wasn't aware of that.
With that said, Ubisoft sells other Uplay games on Amazon, including AC2-Brotherhood-Revelations, so this is definitively a change.

Ha, figures.

Whats the pricing on it and does it say anything about requiring steam?

65 euros for the Deluxe Edition, 50 for the Special Edition.

Neither page says anything about Steam. The Special Edition page says the game has to be downloaded via Capsule (GMG service) and requires Uplay.

JaseC

Ha, figures.

Whats the pricing on it and does it say anything about requiring steam?

£50 for the DDE (£37.50 with the -25% coupon). Steam isn't mentioned, and the same is true of a few other DD sites (namely GamersGate, GameFly, and Gamesplanet). Either Amazon was quick to update its page in light of recent news or the Steam requirement is a mistake.

Edit: Kindasorta beaten.

Jawmuncher

Resident Evil operation Raccoon City is on Steam right?
I know the game came out on PC but for some reason when I try to look it up all I ever bring up is the Boxed EU copy.

I googled and I think I found it's page but it's blocked at work.
Could someone tell what the price is for it on the store?

Since I might just grab the EU Box copy since its like 15 bucks online.
(I wouldnt have any issues with that right)

JaseC

Resident Evil operation Raccoon City is on Steam right?
I know the game came out on PC but for some reason when I try to look it up all I ever bring up is the Boxed EU copy.

I googled and I think I found it's page but it's blocked at work.
Could someone tell what the price is for it on the store?

Since I might just grab the EU Box copy since its like 15 bucks online.
(I wouldnt have any issues with that right)

$50.

Ledsen

Damn it!

Caerith decided that my resolution not to buy any new games until christmas 2013 (unless I play them immediately after buying) was a foolhardy endeavour, so in a fit of mirthful generousity he gifted me DOTA2... I haven't accepted it yet, and I'm not really interested in playing DOTA. What to do GAF? If I accept, it goes right into my library, right? And Caerith, if you're reading this... that WAS pretty funny :)

dani_dc

Damn it!

Caerith decided that my resolution not to buy any new games until christmas 2013 (unless I play them immediately after buying) was a foolhardy endeavour, so in a fit of mirthful generousity he gifted me DOTA2... I haven't accepted it yet, and I'm not really interested in playing DOTA. What to do GAF? If I accept, it goes right into my library, right? And Caerith, if you're reading this... that WAS pretty funny :)

Technically, accepting a gift isn't the same as buying a new game...

I believe you can add a gift to your inventory instead of your library.

But does it have Big Bo? No, it doesn't.

That is a an important reason, and the type of reason I might hold up to support another game. It is similar to attaching a guy to a propane tank in Just Cause 2 or watching Alice's hair flick back in forth in her mostly self titled game.

These are solid reasons to recommend potentially divisive games such as these and I support them being used to influence the buying decisions of others who are not as well versed in the particular details of said games.

At some point however it needs to be balanced out by suggesting that Binary Domain is possibly by and large a pretty shit game. I should know, I own it, having just purchased it from GMG and I fully intend to play it one day myself.

So in summary I wouldn't worry too much on my opinion on the game. I don't know who Big Bo is. I know he is FTL though, and he brought along his dad.

capture40o5i.png

So really is there any choice to be made?

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
DO NOT QUOTE THIS ENTIRE POST IN YOUR POST

Edit: Odds are all keys are gone at this point.

Steam keys, quote to see them. Feel free to take multiple keys, but remember you will be locked out of activating codes on Steam after so many invalid attempts.

Try not to spam the thread with, "This is invalid, didn't work for me, thanks anyway etc." Instead just post or PM if you did successfully take something(s) along with the #s so I can mark it/them out.

#1: Commander: Conquest of the Americas
#2: Commander: Conquest of the Americas
#3: Commander: Conquest of the Americas
#4: Commander: Conquest of the Americas

#1: East India Company
#2: East India Company
#3: East India Company
#4: East India Company

#1: Elven Legacy
#2: Elven Legacy
#3: Elven Legacy
#4: Elven Legacy

#1: Europa Universalis: Rome - Gold Edition
#2: Europa Universalis: Rome - Gold Edition
#3: Europa Universalis: Rome - Gold Edition

#1: Hearts of Iron II
#2: Hearts of Iron II
#3: Hearts of Iron II
#4: Hearts of Iron II

#1: Knights of Honor
#2: Knights of Honor
#3: Knights of Honor
#4: Knights of Honor

#1: Lead And Gold
#2: Lead And Gold
#3: Lead And Gold
#4: Lead And Gold

#1: Majesty 2
#2: Majesty 2
#3: Majesty 2
#4: Majesty 2

#1: The Kings' Crusade
#2: The Kings' Crusade
#3: The Kings' Crusade
#4: The Kings' Crusade

That is a an important reason, and the type of reason I might hold up to support another game. It is similar to attaching a guy to a propane tank in Just Cause 2 or watching Alice's hair flick back in forth in her mostly self titled game.

These are solid reasons to recommend potentially divisive games such as these and I support them being used to influence the buying decisions of others who are not as well versed in the particular details of said games.

At some point however it needs to be balanced out by suggesting that Binary Domain is possibly by and large a pretty shit game. I should know, I own it, having just purchased it from GMG and I fully intend to play it one day myself.

So in summary I wouldn't worry too much on my opinion on the game. I don't know who Big Bo is. I know he is FTL though, and he brought along his dad.

http://www.abload.de/img/capture40o5i.png[IMG]

So really is there any choice to be made?[/QUOTE]

Some fake Bos up in your space ship thing. He's not white ffs.

I'm just kidding though, FTL is really a great game but Binary Domain was one of the biggest surprises of the year for me. I liked the loyalty and upgrade system and immensely enjoyed the "tactical dismemberment" gameplay which makes Dead Space's implementation look like the cheap marketing point it is.

Took #3: Knights of Honor, thanks a lot!

I tried to get a Elven Legacy key in the first place, but it seems someone else grabbed the 2 remaining keys, so it would be better if you'd mark those 2.

Amazon is saying AC3 is steam required. I hope that's not a mistake.

I don't know if I want it to be Steamworks more than I want it to be non-Uplay to be quite honest.

But another poster mentioned earlier that they're probably just using Steam to distribute the digital version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom