• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 3 -

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Is there any chance BLOPS 2 goes on sale over Christmas? I'm new to Steam and pc gaming in general so i'm not sure what kinda games go on sale.

Modern Warfare 3 was 25% off during last year's Christmas/Winter Sale. Short of Amazon working its magic, expect the same.

Kapow

I caved and pre-ordered it. Holding out for a month to save around 10 bucks just isn't worth it. Thanks for the answers.

Salsa

Magical Drop V is finally coming to Steam on November 15th!

4fgW5.jpg

steam gettin animu crazy

Derrick01

Banned
Just got Far Cry 3 paid off on Steam, feels good man. Except the date launching ~5 days after Europe. Ubisoft does know America gets games first right? :(

JaseC

Just use a VPN.

You can remain online while using Spotflux (despite being free, there are no limits in place that prevent this), but I'd recommend only using it when you want to play the game, lest you accidentally purchase something via a Steam Store intended for a region that is not your own. Disabling Spotflux will cause the game to revert back to its previous locked state (in the Steam Client, that is -- you won't be booted out of the game itself), but reenabling the VPN and restarting Steam will fix this. Also be aware that although there have been no reports of VPN usage drawing the ire of Valve in cases where you're not actively attempting to bypass the Steam Store of your region, use of a VPN at all is technically against the SSA.

In fewer words: VPN usage is technically a no-no, but Valve doesn't care unless you're self-gifting from a dummy account or otherwise taking it upon yourself to circumvent local pricing.

Derrick01

Banned
*waits inevitably for the one bad impression that makes Derrick try to cancel the pre-order*

:p

Unlike Hitman I feel like I know all of the negatives and dumbed down elements of FC3 beforehand, and I can live with them. Hitman is (was) a sacred franchise to me so I'm more sensitive to anything being dumbed down.

JaseC

I thought there were just 2 big Steam sales, summer and christmas. That would suck if it did go on sale so soon. Oh well

I'm referring less to Blops 2 itself going on sale in two weeks and more that $10 isn't worth saving given the imminent Autumn Sale period. ;)

Welp, for those few souls remaining on the planet who are still not in the Dota 2 Beta but still want to be, I've got 4 invites sitting in my inventory. Hit me up with a PM of your steam profile link and I'll send em out.

Still got these... Anyone?... Anyone?.......... Please?...........

it tears me apart at the very depths of my soul

wazoo

autumn deals are so fun.

clicking 20 times on the screen to get a rebate of a game you may already have seems like a Pavlov test to me.

AIRic

I have an Half-Life 2 : Episode 1 to gift to someone. First to PM me your email got it. :)

I'll be giving games from the humble bundle soon.

EDIT : I have Steam keys for Machinarium and Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP available too.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
lol. Shit. I just realized I had a typo in my email address. Any way to get them resent to the proper one, or am I screwed?

Also, how long does it usually take to get the code? I got another and put in my correct address and didn't receive a code.

I don't think there's a way to resend, however check your spam section. I got my coupon almost instantly but it got tucked away in my spam box so I didn't notice.

AIRic

I just redeemed my Trine 2 coupon, but when I add the game in the shopping cart, the price is the same as regular. No discount. Someone can help me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom