• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 3 -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Croc

Banned
No problem.

If you're on my friends list and you want games put them on your wishlist.

That's the first place I look when I have extra games.

No one has these though so quote which one you want and I'll PM you.

Machinarium

Eufloria

Crayon Physics Deluxe

Machinarium please?

NZNova

If anyone wants a 50% off voucher for Assassin's Creed, AC2, Brotherhood or Revelations, flick me a PM, because I own them all already.

NBtoaster

Ubisoft AU earlier in the year:

Me earlier in the year:

Now:
lolubi7sj50.jpg

&
lolubi22ckgx.jpg

I award Ubi's commitment to its word an F.

An improvement over Revelations, was $90.

Salsa

well I finished brohood, turns out I was like right at the end when I stopped playing like a year ago

guess i'll race through Revelations before 3 hits

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
An improvement over Revelations, was $90.

Barely. Revelations launched at $80, while the standard edition of AC3 is $70. That's not a decrease I'd label as a re-evaluation of local pricing. Not to mention, Fong used GR: Future Soldier as an example of Ubi's reconsideration of local pricing, which is without the Aussie Tax.

Salsa

Shaun (from ass creed) is probably the most annoying character in the history of the world

jesus christ Ive never seen such a failed attempt at trying to make a comic relief character. Every single thing that comes out of his mouth is whiny complaining annoying bullscrap, and bad, BAAAAAAD jokes. I just wanna fucking STAB HIM

actually everyone outside of the animus (including Desmond) feels like they're trying too hard.. everyone's all super cool tattooed modern hipster people, with the wacky pointy hair HACKER who HACKS and has tribal tattoos and hoodies and shit

I like ass creed but sometimes you can see right through it and it's kinda embarrasing

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Shaun (from ass creed) is probably the most annoying character in the history of the world

jesus christ Ive never seen such a failed attempt at trying to make a comic relief character. Every single thing that comes out of his mouth is whiny complaining annoying bullscrap, and bad, BAAAAAAD jokes. I just wanna fucking STAB HIM

From what I can tell, Shaun's arrogance and snappy remarks are supposed to be sarcastic or otherwise free of intended insult, but that didn't quite translate to the voice acting, so he comes across as a cunt.

Salsa

From what I can tell, Shaun's arrogance and snappy remarks are supposed to be sarcastic or otherwise free of intended insult, but that didn't quite translate to the voice acting, so he comes across as a cunt.

yeah, that's what I mean by the game sometimes being super transparent. Like I get what they try to do but they fail so miserably. He's cunty mccunt

Just beat Fallout 3's main campaign again. I think the biggest difference between Fallout 3 and New Vegas is that there's a clearly defined narrative experience you're supposed to have in Fallout 3. There's a few choices you can make along the way within the framework of the main quest lines story but those decisions don't really change the experience much. Blowing up Megaton didn't make your idealistic father revile the wanderer and cast him out. Nothing really changed except one line of dialogue, he was disappointed in me, disappointed I callously nuked a small town for a nicer apartment but my father loved me all the same. The quest line continued on the same as if nothing happened.

One thing that really bothered me was there are no factions to align yourself with in Fallout 3. The Brotherhood of Steel are simply good and the Enclave are simply bad. You don't get to choose between factions or choose none of them in the end. There are no faction quest lines. I guess the Head of State side-quest line where you choose between the slavers from Paradise Falls or the escaped slaves sort of counts. The karma system in Fallout 3 seems completely superfluous, your karma merely changes who occasionally ambushes you if you're not neutral and that ending montage after the purifier is turned on.

The lead up to the ending of Fallout 3 is probably one of the best out of Bethesda's more recent efforts. It's pretty awesome trailing Liberty Prime as it wreaks havoc on the Enclave and spouts propaganda from a bygone war.

Working my way through New Vegas, figured I'd move onto the expansions.

Old World Blues is hilarious and awesome.

Added a bunch of screens to minus account.(spoilers, obviously)

I loved that add-on, it's just so ridiculous. I hope that the add-ons in Fallout 3 are half as entertaining.

There are more Dota 2 beta invites floating around in this thread than there are people interested in taking them it seems.

I still have one of three left.

Salsa

The lead up to the ending of Fallout 3 is probably one of the best out of Bethesda's more recent efforts. It's pretty awesome trailing Liberty Prime as it wreaks havoc on the Enclave and spouts propaganda from a bygone war.

people hate the ending itself but I thought it was fucking great.

I immediatly
knew the password I had to input based on the passage at the beggining and all
, like without question. It made me realize that it was pretty well made, how my mind went there in a second

The ending itself was fine it was just that they gave you a partner who could do the same task with no problem to go and say "Nah, you got this." making the necessity of sacrifice feel hollow.

Salsa

The ending itself was fine it was just that they gave you a partner who could do the same task with no problem to go and say "Nah, you got this." making the necessity of sacrifice feel hollow.

ah yeah, I remember that being the main complaint

didnt even think about it as I was playing it

Tomodachi

actually everyone outside of the animus (including Desmond) feels like they're trying too hard.. everyone's all super cool tattooed modern hipster people, with the wacky pointy hair HACKER who HACKS and has tribal tattoos and hoodies and shit

I like ass creed but sometimes you can see right through it and it's kinda embarrasing
Horrible, horrible characters and writing. I especially hate Ezio so much. Plot is trashy sci-fi, which I find somewhat entertaining and enjoyable, even though the ridiculous endings since AC2. But I do like the games all around, eh.

eyeless

I immediatly
, like without question.
i like this kind of thing in theory, but the reason it is not common in games is the same reason it didn't work for me. i'd been playing the game for like over a month at that point and didn't remember that at all, so i just ran around like a dickhead for a few minutes. had to google it, which is not an ideal ending.

Operation Anchorage is looking to be pretty promising.

people hate the ending itself but I thought it was fucking great.

I immediatly
, like without question. It made me realize that it was pretty well made, how my mind went there in a second

First time through I activated the purifier, personally thought the ending was pretty cornball but it matches the vibe of the whole main quest line.

Second time through, my partner was a super mutant, immune to radiation. I sent him in instead.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Got a -75% discount for Trine Complete Collection and it activated in my inventory but when I click on applicable items the store returns none and when searching Trine on the store there's no collection.

Forkball

I bought KotOR II on Steam as a whim, played it for about two hours, and now it appears I ran into a glitch and can't progress anymore.

Feels bad man.

Jburton

Banned
Have 5 bloody Dota 2 invites to give away (keep giving me one almost every day).

PM me your steam id, or add me one Steam .... I'd is the same as here.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I bought KotOR II on Steam as a whim, played it for about two hours, and now it appears I ran into a glitch and can't progress anymore.

Feels bad man.

What kind of glitch?

I just finished it recently, with the restoration mod. It was fantastic experience, except the closing cutscene cut short for some reason so the game ended very abruptly which was jarring. And yes, I know the game is notorious for it's incomplete ending, but it actually glitched out in my game and jumped to the main menu mid-conversation. But otherwise it was a mostly bug-free experience, outside of a couple issues it wasn't the technical shitfest I was expecting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom