• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 3 -

Status
Not open for further replies.
It has the minecraft model. Pay less now, play the beta, when it comes out you have the full game but it's also more expensive for new buyers.

I think I bought it for 5 bucks when it was in alpha or smth.

Ah, forgot about the beta being included. Makes it easier to pre-order now.

cress2000

I2XVZ-0GIBI-4EDNY 50% off Alan Wake Collector's Edition
JA2HX-E2BFJ-9VR25 50% off Legend of Grimrock
MB3GG-4QD27-E8DCJ 50% off Legend of Grimrock

Anywhere from half a day to a million years.

A million years if you are lucky. Basically if they don't care about your issue they don't answer at all. I have one sitting since July 1, I don't even remember the issue anymore :p
The only time I got a response was in 8 days. And they just sent the canned, it's a third party issue, go away.

ProdicalFlame's Trine 2 coupon didn't work unfortunately, so shout out to PrematureQuiche for sending me one! He helped me out during the Summer Sale with some regional pricing as well, so he's a nice guy! Much appreciated.

He's also gifted me a Trine Complete Collection 75% off so PM me your Steam username if you're interested.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
A million years if you are lucky. Basically if they don't care about your issue they don't answer at all. I have one sitting since July 1, I don't even remember the issue anymore :p

Response time, in my experience, has been acceptable. I waited a day to hear back about pre-order gifts including pre-order incentives even if they're redeemed after release (this is indeed the case), and the second time I received a reply overnight in response to having my Dishonored RHCP copy changed to a rest-of-world version (unsuccessful, as expected, but I figured it was worth a shot). Cases like yours, though, aren't out of the question, hence my answer. ;)

Response time, in my experience, has been acceptable. I waited a day to hear back about pre-order gifts including pre-order incentives even if they're redeemed after release (this is indeed the case), while I received a reply overnight in response to having my Dishonored RHCP copy changed to a rest-of-world version (unsuccessful, as expected, but I figured it was worth a shot). Cases like yours, though, aren't out of the question, hence my answer. ;)

Well, to be honest you should be on the VIP part of Steam already. I think Gaben must send you congratulatory e-mails at your birthdays and new years and such.
Jokes aside my question may be the reason they didn't answer, that's why I said it's all about your issue.

80$ for the "deluxe" edition of Assassin's Creed 3 and really all that is is a season pass for a DLC. Some multiplayer crap I don't care about, a few single player missions that obviously aren't integral to the main experience if they can be partitioned as a pre-order bonus or incentive to purchase the pass, a soundtrack and a pdf. Yeah, no.

Has any season pass for any game actually saved people money? Hasn't pretty much every season pass ended up costing the same as the individual bits of content added up? In some cases there's more content released that the pass doesn't even cover. In the end you're usually just better off waiting and buying all of the dlc during a sale or in a GotY/Complete edition.

I don't even know why I'm looking at Assassin's Creed 3 on the store, I have the first two, couldn't be arsed to finish either of them and I don't even own Brotherhood or Revelations.

JaseC

Well, to be honest you should be on the VIP part of Steam already. I think Gaben must send you congratulatory e-mails at your birthdays and new years and such.
Jokes aside my question may be the reason they didn't answer, that's why I said it's all about your issue.

I've e-mailed Gabe a few times but never received a response. :(

Spazo

It is better. I also suggest TikiOne Steam Cleaner. It removes DirectX, VC+, and other redist packages. If you keep all your games installed like me it is very useful to save gigabytes of space.

I tried TikiOne Steam Cleaner but it is not working..

I select my steamapps folder, click search and nothing happend..

edit: I had to select my steam folder and not steamapps. Thx for the heads up. This is a nice program

You saved 3774.39 MB :D

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Sanctum is the foie gras of video games:
informationisjustatheory.jpg
And people complained about Max Payne 3.

I tried TikiOne Steam Cleaner but it is not working..

I select my steamapps folder, click search and nothing happend..

edit: I had to select my steam folder and not steamapps. Thx for the heads up. This is a nice program

You saved 3774.39 MB :D

You select your Steam folder.
And you ninja edited it already.

Just don't try to verify your game files after that.

Remedy Entertainment: -50% Alan Wake Collector's Edition Steam discount coupon

Key: NA0V9-V775F-NXA7N

Remedy Entertainment: -50% Alan Wake's American Nightmare Steam discount coupon

Key: CLTR3-CXT2V-JWM6E

Almost Human: -50% Legend of Grimrock Steam discount coupon

Key: 2K7RZ-Y8AAM-DKWWB

I've e-mailed Gabe a few times but never received a response. :(

I think you should grab some people from GAF and crash his office. As a valuable customer demand explanation for his lack of reply. Also congratulate him on his past birthday and give him a copy of Bad Rats or something.

JaseC

You select your Steam folder.
And you ninja edited it already.

Just don't try to verify your game files after that.

Yeah, since the redists are part of the original download, they'll be considered missing upon verification.

He's answered mine, although it's pretty lame. I just said thanks for being awesome and he said thanks. Think it was more like ' Sure and thanks'.

He probably put me on his blacklist after he received the same e-mail a few times in succession. I say it's Valve's fault for not having the contact form lead you to a confirmation page after submission. :p

I think you should grab some people from GAF and crash his office. As a valuable customer demand explanation for his lack of reply. Also congratulate him on his past birthday and give him a copy of Bad Rats or something.

The only way I'd get to Valve is if I boycotted its next game and was flown over. :p

VALIS

Do you guys use the Game Hubs at all? I've actually found them to be pretty awesome. Great idea to have forum threads, screens, videos etc in a single feed.

They're cool through a regular web browser on steampowered, but through the Steam client they're slow and quirky and kinda janky, like most browsing via the client is.

Spazo

I don't know where to put this.. don't have the privilege to open a new thread

Origin Veteran's Day Sale

50% off:

Battlefield 3™ $19.99
Sniper Elite V2 $24.99
Battlefield: Bad Company™ 2 $9.99
Battlefield: Bad Company™ 2: Vietnam $7.49
Battlefield 2142™ Deluxe $7.49
Battlefield 2™: Complete Collection $9.99
Dead Space™ $9.99
Dead Space 2™ $9.99
Medal of Honor Airborne™ $4.99
Medal of Honor™ $9.99
The Saboteur™ $9.99
F.3.A.R. $9.99
Deep Black Reloaded $14.99

40% off:

Medal of Honor™ Warfighter $35.99
Medal of Honor™ Warfighter Digital Deluxe $41.99

*Valid 11/9 - 11/13 for PC Download Only

Twinduct

He probably put me on his blacklist after he received the same e-mail a few times in succession. I say it's Valve's fault for not having the contact form lead you to a confirmation page after submission. :p

I bet he smelled the Australian on you and ran. 'We don't control the tax ffs! yeh cunt'.

Gabe sends me letters a lot, but they all go through his lawyer for some reason.

Now that you mention it, the email said 'Sure and Thanks ... unless you're that looney Joe. If so, expect a VAC visit!'. Always puzzeled me who this 'Joe' is, but guess we know now!

Dingotech

I don't know where to put this.. don't have the privilege to open a new thread
40% off:

LMFAO!!!!

It's all your fault metacritic! I hope you're happpy!

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
40% off:

Sales truly are hell, just look at my 4 out of 10 discount.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom