• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 3 -

Status
Not open for further replies.

cicero

I just noticed that I missed Prototype Sale of Amazon. I know Tony is banned but why did nobody else warned me. :(

It had its own thread and was mentioned numerous times in this one. :(

Tony originally said it would be like $12.50, and then said something about it being $9.99 or less, so you are still going to get a great deal, just not crazy great. Remember to check for the new individual Wario64 Black Friday Amazon/Gamespot threads each week and know that the show and deals start at 2 PM PST/5 PM EST.

Caerith

75% discount on Trine 2 DLC was a mistake on the Steam side of things apparantely, coupons have magically turned into 50% ones.
Well, I should probably play Trine 2 before I buy the DLC for it. So, coupons for everyone! Or whoever claims them first:

Trine 2 DLC coupon: XITHY-ME4GN-MHR5P

Grimrock coupon: EVFV7-TV5DV-QI6E4

Alan Wake: American Nightmare coupon: G8H6J-Q0L84-2TA44

Joe Molotov

Preordered Hitman Absolution on GMG for $33 and then put down a $5 pre-order at GameStop for the Hitman Sniper Challenge, that I'll go back in a few days and move to something else.

It was the perfect crime.

BigBoss

Almost Human: -50% Legend of Grimrock Steam discount coupon

Key: TNN2K-J6ITW-5XGYI

Frozenbyte: -75% Trine Complete Collection Steam discount coupon

Key: BJZHB-02FQE-98LF0

Remedy Entertainment: -50% Alan Wake Collector's Edition Steam discount coupon

Key: IPBZH-46ID2-8CL4K

Btw, how is Rochard?

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
It's short (about 3,5-4h) and both the music and the art are fantastic.
I played it for the last 2 hours. It's certainly something different. Can't tell if it's a great game or completely terrible, think I'll go with the former. So strange, weird, crazy, I don't know how to describe it. The way the characters talk, controls, UI, everything's unique. But it becomes kinda tiresome after a while, I'll leave the rest for tomorrow.

Beat Operation Anchorage for the first time. It's pretty much a super linear combat funnel but the rewards you get for completing it are pretty awesome. The power armor you get at the end of Operation Anchorage is slightly better than maxed out Brotherhood of Steel or Enclave power armor. I haven't even tried the Chinese Stealth Armor yet but it looked pretty awesome on the enemies you fight. Also got a Guass Rifle and a healthy resupply of energy ammo.

Started up Point Lookout next.

Salsa

I swear I was JUST hovering the pre-order button on Assassin's Creed 3 and had a super sudden change of heart and said "fuck it" and im just not gonna do it. The amount of shit ive been reading in the OT is too much.

Nabs

according to this article - http://www.shacknews.com/article/76601/weekend-pc-download-deals-free-bioshock it'll be pretty limited

"Green Man Gaming

Starting at 5am Pacific on Saturday morning, GMG will offer 35% off XCOM: Enemy Unknown Borderlands 2, and Chivalry: Medieval Warfare if you use the voucher code GMG35-5BRU6-ZDRX7. From Saturday. Not yet. Games including Dishonored and Need for Speed Most Wanted will also be on sale, with up to 25% off."

Yeahhhhh... this is a good deal.

Miker

according to this article - http://www.shacknews.com/article/76601/weekend-pc-download-deals-free-bioshock it'll be pretty limited

"Green Man Gaming

Starting at 5am Pacific on Saturday morning, GMG will offer 35% off XCOM: Enemy Unknown Borderlands 2, and Chivalry: Medieval Warfare if you use the voucher code GMG35-5BRU6-ZDRX7. From Saturday. Not yet. Games including Dishonored and Need for Speed Most Wanted will also be on sale, with up to 25% off."

Shit, $32.50 for XCOM is really tempting.

wilflare

"Green Man Gaming

so it's limited to selected games :/ -sad-

Salsa

Plus there's no hats.

I got Hitman pre-ordered anyway and they come out almost same day

gotta stop buying into the hype and realizing there's nothing wrong with playing a game a bit late. Specially if the discussion im gonna miss is such a crappy one

ive been spending waaaaay too much money on getting games day 1 lately when the fact is im not even that excited for them. Only recent instance where I could justify that was Dishonored and XCOM, but Ass Creed? eh I can wait

Lizardus

I got Hitman pre-ordered anyway and they come out almost same day

gotta stop buying into the hype and realizing there's nothing wrong with playing a game a bit late. Specially if the discussion im gonna miss is such a crappy one

ive been spending waaaaay too much money on getting games day 1 lately when the fact is im not even that excited for them. Only recent instance where I could justify that was Dishonored and XCOM, but Ass Creed? eh I can wait

That bad huh?

I loved all the previous AssCreeds but I might not buy it day 1 after all.

Salsa

That bad huh?

I loved all the previous AssCreeds but I might not buy it day 1 after all.

dont get me wrong I still want to play the game and much of the complaints come from the framerate and stuff that should be fixed in the PC version. It's just that I suddenly found myself in a situation where I got this sudden need to buy this when it comes out that should be nonexistent when based on how excited I am for it and (most of all) the current financial situation im in.

Basically im turning into JaseC

Gamefly has Mass Effect 2 for $4.99... very tempting but I'm not sure if it's Steam redeemable.

EDIT: it appears that it redeems on Origin.

Lizardus

dont get me wrong I still want to play the game and much of the complaints come from the framerate and stuff that should be fixed in the PC version. It's just that I suddenly found myself in a situation where I got this sudden need to buy this when it comes out that should be nonexistent when based on how excited I am for it and (most of all) the current financial situation im in.

Oh ok. I have stayed away from that thread after the game came out to avoid being spoiled. I am still waiting to see of the GMG version will have steam keys. No way I am giving money to Gaben with those outrageous prices.

I also have hitman preordered.

"Green Man Gaming

What am I missing out on if I go with regular Civ5 vs the GOTY? I know there's a few scenarios and what not but is the $20 worth it compared to the $7 for regular Civ5?

Wok

Sun Park posted that they'll be sending out keys once they have enough, so I imagine Humble Store buyers will eventually get one. Guess it doesn't matter right now, since it's cheaper to buy on Steam than directly anyway with the promotion.

Given what happened with Sine Mora and the Sleeping Dogs DLC recently, I just have a suspicion that either the base price elsewhere will be raised (and maybe the extras Sun mentioned will be added) or the Steam price will be lowered.

The Steam key for Sugar Cube is on the Humble Store. There is a sale on the Store: the game costs 5$.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

It's true:

What am I missing out on if I go with regular Civ5 vs the GOTY? I know there's a few scenarios and what not but is the $20 worth it compared to the $7 for regular Civ5?

Steam said:

I can't speak to the quality or substance of the content, but if you'd like to save a few bucks, just pick up the regular edition and buy the DLC when it goes on sale.

Does anyone here use Steam Limiter or similar programs? I've been using it for a while and it works well for the most part, but the last couple of nights it has downloaded around 24GB of data from other servers. Why? Shouldn't it refuse the connection?

I queued up a bunch of downloads before I went to bed at about one, it seemed to be working ok then (well it let some through) but then it all went to hell.

RiIri.png

I still have probably 100 odd games to redownload since upgrading to Windows 8, so whilst 24GB isn't a big deal, if it continues to mess up I will hit my cap... I really don't want that.

* 75% off Trine 2 - quote to reveal.

Just download what you want to play. It's what I do and I don't even have a cap.
I probably should do this, but I just like to have everything available to me if I feel the urge to play. The internet here isn't exactly blistering fast, so if I wanted to play something like Max Payne 3, I'd be waiting a couple of days... lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom