• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 3 -

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does War in the North still not work properly with ATI cards or was that just at launch?

I bought it at the previous sale from GMG. It is working, I'd say it looks good despite the old engine. But I assume they gave it a good update for this game.

P.S.: I didn't like the game itself much.

Miker

I am right there with you. Got so damned frustrated at one point that I just said screw it, caught the ending on youtube and realized that I'm all good just with that.

Metro is a game worth experiencing to the end. I can understand your frustration with the checkpointing and stealth because I seem to remember that I got screwed in a similar way back when I played it. Just persevere through it if you can because the atmosphere of the game is pretty memorable. And while the game might resemble other shooters mechanically, it has a unique and distinctive artistic vision that you will just not see in other such games. There are definitely some annoying sections ahead of you, especially if you haven't reached the Library, but the annoyances are insignificant in the overall game experience.

I don't think you've come far enough to decide before you've played the opening minute of the "Battlefield" chapter more than thirty times in a row. If you are still playing the game after that you might as well finish it, and if you quit, then you've quit. Even the Marx himself couldn't survive on ideal alone.

2/3 people seem to say no (counting Rapstah as a no). I think I'm just going to quit, because it's getting to be more frustrating than fun. I haven't reached the Battlefield and Library parts, which sound like they'll be even more annoying somehow, and I'm already frustrated with the level design. That, and I think the only way to move on from my checkpoint is to kill all the enemies, and with how much health they have, it'll take a good 10+ minutes of first-person peakaboo that I just don't want to put up with.

Salsa

well for some reason GMG didnt gave me any option to use in-store credit before choosing my payment option, and since I was in the "choose payment option" step and saw that there was a "confirmation" step afterwards I just continued assuming id be able to review the order and maybe use my in-store credit then

nope, they charged me immediatly before reaching any sort of "hey are you sure?" step

fucking shitty as SHIT. If I ask for a refund jet set radio wont be on sale anymore at that point

its $3.75 but it still pisses me off, what the hell man seriously? could have, and intended, to get the game for free, instead they just took the money as soon as I put in the info. That process was fucking shit.

edit: im pissed.

ArjanN

2/3 people seem to say no (counting Rapstah as a no). I think I'm just going to quit, because it's getting to be more frustrating than fun. I haven't reached the Battlefield and Library parts, which sound like they'll be even more annoying somehow, and I'm already frustrated with the level design. That, and I think the only way to move on from my checkpoint is to kill all the enemies, and with how much health they have, it'll take a good 10+ minutes of first-person peakaboo that I just don't want to put up with.

I think it's worth finishing, so now it's even.

After 2h of Darksiders II I have concluded that the loot system is the most useless addition to a sequel in this gen. Don't know how I feel about the skill tree yet but I'd rather have an improved Darksiders I. Game isn't bad though. So far.

Also Dead Rising 2 has one of the worst intros in recent memory.

Deadbeat

Banned
Quoting myself for a new page, wondering if it's worth finishing Metro 2033:
Metro is the equivalent of stalker and cod having a baby. Its polar opposites will intertwine many times. Theres no point for you to continue because if you dont like the game now you wont like it any time after. Did you even buy the body armor at the market?

Okay, what in the fuck is happening with my Steam account? The last time I came in this thread, I posted this.

Adding to that, I keep getting the October 23rd Steam Client update randomly every couple of days. I always click Restart on it, and I check to see if my Steam is up-to-date when I get back on, and it says it is. But then I get the October 23 update again a few days later =/ I actually got it last night and took a screen of it, juxtaposed to the time and date on my taskbar, but I forgot to save it before turning my PC off. I've gotten it around 5 times now but it doesn't stick.

Nabs

Have you tried opting in/out of the beta? Steam updates rarely show the actual update info, especially when you're on the beta client.

jediyoshi

http://blog.greenmangaming.com/2012/11/multiple-vouchers-incoming.html?utm_source=social

GMG vouchers expire in less than a day

Adding to that, I keep getting the October 23rd Steam Client update randomly every couple of days. I always click Restart on it, and I check to see if my Steam is up-to-date when I get back on, and it says it is. But then I get the October 23 update again a few days later =/ I actually got it last night and took a screen of it, juxtaposed to the time and date on my taskbar, but I forgot to save it before turning my PC off. I've gotten it around 5 times now but it doesn't stick.

Are you on the steam beta? It updates constantly and for patch notes only lists regular steam client updates which would just keep looking the same.

wilflare

okie. this is bugging me
I am using Steam on my Macbook.

randomly, i would get the circular red notification on the Steam Tray Icon.
I clicked on it and nothing pops up, no friend chat or whatosever.
even opening up a random chat with a friend does not remove the notification

the problem is this
it has come to my attention that these red notifications were actually convos.. but they do not appear.

any suggestions?

sorry to anyone that tried to chat but i did not reply! steam did not allow me to see your convo

AIRic

Since I owned most of them on my iPad and the rest might be enjoyed better by someone else :

Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP Steam Key

Machinarium Steam Key

Swords & Soldiers HD Steam Key

Cogs Steam Key

Zen Bound 2 Steam Key

mannerbot

well for some reason GMG didnt gave me any option to use in-store credit before choosing my payment option, and since I was in the "choose payment option" step and saw that there was a "confirmation" step afterwards I just continued assuming id be able to review the order and maybe use my in-store credit then

nope, they charged me immediatly before reaching any sort of "hey are you sure?" step

fucking shitty as SHIT. If I ask for a refund jet set radio wont be on sale anymore at that point

its $3.75 but it still pisses me off, what the hell man seriously? could have, and intended, to get the game for free, instead they just took the money as soon as I put in the info. That process was fucking shit.

edit: im pissed.

Not very familiar with GMG but can't you just either ask for a) a cash refund and substitute in in-store credit for payment method on the original transaction, or b) buy again using your GMG credit and ask for a refund on the original transaction?

Salsa

Not very familiar with GMG but can't you just either ask for a) a cash refund and substitute in in-store credit for payment method on the original transaction, or b) buy again using your GMG credit and ask for a refund on the original transaction?

idk if I wanna risk buying again with the hope that they'd refund the first transaction, also idk if you can buy more than one copy of each game

problem is the voucher ends in a few hours afaik

edit: I sent them a request ticket asking if they can take those $3.75 on my gmg account and "refund them" to my paypal account.. but I somehow doubt they can do that

Volcynika

Since I owned most of them on my iPad and the rest might be enjoyed better by someone else :

Tried this one but like above, Steam isn't processing key activations ;_;

Thanks for offering the keys to gaffers though.

AIRic

I tried to get this one but steam is not processing key activations at the moment for me... thanks a lot for the giveaway tho!

Had the same problem a few minutes ago while trying to activate Jet Set Radio, but suddenly Steam went online and could register. Weird.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member

Machinarium Steam Key

Cogs Steam Key

Zen Bound 2 Steam Key
Tried to get Machinarium but someone ninja'd it. Of course they are not gonna thank you, but I will, even though I didn't take anything. Thanks a lot :)

Machinarium Steam Key

Cogs Steam Key

Zen Bound 2 Steam Key

People should quote when they take these and not just lurk the thread and driveby.

It has a screen with a progress bar that takes forrrrrrrrrrrever and then says the Steam server is unavailable and can't be reached or somesuch.

I was having that problem but now all it does it immediately go to a window that says the code is invalid. I don't know if GMG gave me a bad key or if there are connection issues with Steam.

Edit: Works now.

Miker

Metro is the equivalent of stalker and cod having a baby. Its polar opposites will intertwine many times. Theres no point for you to continue because if you dont like the game now you wont like it any time after. Did you even buy the body armor at the market?

No, I wasn't even aware there was body armor to be bought anywhere in the game until I looked at a walkthrough to see if anybody sold gas mask filters and saw it in a list of things that could be bought. At that point, though, I was in a mission and couldn't go back to town.

And I do like the game. The firefight when
Bourbon gets captured
was great, and I still enjoyed the scripted sequences, even though they were getting to be a bit too lengthy.

EDIT: Looks like I can reload at town, so I guess I'll try and buy the body armor if I can afford it. I'm still losing 20+ minutes of play, which is kind of bullshit.

Cru Jones

idk if I wanna risk buying again with the hope that they'd refund the first transaction, also idk if you can buy more than one copy of each game

problem is the voucher ends in a few hours afaik

edit: I sent them a request ticket asking if they can take those $2.50 on my gmg account and "refund them" to my paypal account.. but I somehow doubt they can do that

You took the time to open a ticket for $2.50, are you trolling us?

Salsa

You took the time to open a ticket for $2.50, are you trolling us?

no? I do meant 3.75 tho, what the game was worth (thought it was 2.50 for a while there). Typo.

I value my money, and if there's an easy fix to what I originally intended (getting it for free) then idk why I wouldnt pursue that

clearly not the end of the world if they cant, but im just pissed that it specifically said "step 5: confirmation" and it just went from step 4 (choose payment option) to being charged.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
All the options are together in the basket (of course use credit will only appear if you're logged in at the time):

81EWk.png

Salsa

All the options are together in the basket (of course use credit will only appear if you're logged in at the time):

81EWk.png

yup but I was logged in and they didnt appear. It happened to me once before and reloading did the trick. Didnt here, so I figured they had changed it or something :/

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
After 2h of Darksiders II I have concluded that the loot system is the most useless addition to a sequel in this gen. Don't know how I feel about the skill tree yet but I'd rather have an improved Darksiders I. Game isn't bad though. So far.

I found much of the skill tree to be worthless. For instance, there's Death's Allure, which is supposed to offer the effect of enemies attacking your summoned ghouls rather than you... but this is useless, as they'll focus on your ghouls regardless, even if you're right beside them, slashing away.

NIN90

Little offtopic but is there any app that lets me adjust mouse sensitivity on a per game base?

Some games (like Borderlands 2) just don't go low enough with their ingame sensititvity for me. My DPI is already at the lowest setting (450 DPI) by default so lowering it to compensate is no option.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered

Also Dead Rising 2 has one of the worst intros in recent memory.

1. Garbage loot is the new industry standard. Devs think people like it for some bizarre reason, but drowning in shitty weapons isn't fun in Torchlight II, Borderlands 2, or Darksiders II. It just feels tedious.

2. Dead Rising 2 should be played in co-op. It's hilarious and wonderful and crazy. I had such a great time. So many great memories <3 <3

So I went to play Anna tonight after getting it in a bundle a couple weeks ago, only to find out you have to register an account with your email in order to sign in and play the game. 2 hours later and the registration email still hasn't come. It's beyond stupid that a single player, niche adventure game should require logging in with a password.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
So I went to play Anna tonight after getting it in a bundle a couple weeks ago, only to find out you have to register an account with your email in order to sign in and play the game. 2 hours later and the registration email still hasn't come. It's beyond stupid that a single player, niche adventure game should require logging in with a password.

Just the first of many problems that game has.

Cru Jones

no? I do meant 3.75 tho, what the game was worth (thought it was 2.50 for a while there). Typo.

I value my money, and if there's an easy fix to what I originally intended (getting it for free) then idk why I wouldnt pursue that

clearly not the end of the world if they cant, but im just pissed that it specifically said "step 5: confirmation" and it just went from step 4 (choose payment option) to being charged.

I think 90% of people value their money, we just value our time a little bit more (at least I do)

Salsa

I think 90% of people value their money, we just value our time a little bit more (at least I do)

I value my time according to how much money I have

thus, $3.75 in this particular occasion was enough for me to spend less than a minute sending a support ticket

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom