• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 3 -

Status
Not open for further replies.
It doesn't play like an RTS at all. I guess it's more similar to the Sims, at least in the social aspect. The economical aspect is way more complex in The Guild 2.

That makes me sort of not wanna play it lol

Thanks again for the help.

PS - I really really want for Borderlands 2 to release already :/

Even though the warnings about the game bugginess scared me off a bit, I finally decided to pick up only The Guild 2: Renaissance thanks to what has already been said in this thread and the final gasps of the previous one. I'm pretty sure there are much worse ways of spending $2.50

Lizardus

It's a shame MRORANGE got banned. I wonder if it was permanent.

Oh well.

Excited for a new thread of STEAM! :D
What was the reason for his ban? I liked the guy.

On topic, Ive gone back to Vindictus after not playing it got a year. Ive been playing since the EAOB. Does anyone else play? I would highly recommend it. Despite bring a f2p game, there is no pay2win bullshit. The combat is also amazing.

Even though the warnings about the game bugginess scared me off a bit, I finally decided to pick up only The Guild 2: Renaissance thanks to what has already been said in this thread and the final gasps of the previous one. I'm pretty sure there are much worse ways of spending $2.50

Well, Im glad my dislike of it helped you like it more....I guess :p

Hope you enjoy it.

What was the reason for his ban? I liked the guy.

On topic, Ive gone back to Vindictus after not playing it got a year. Ive been playing since the EAOB. Does anyone else play? I would highly recommend it. Despite bring a f2p game, there is no pay2win bullshit. The combat is also amazing.
He posted a ton of pictures of jade Raymond, just because she said something, adding nothing else to the thread.

Yeah, that was a pleasant surprise last year. Incredibly charming and the aesthetics reminded me a bit of Machinarium.

Do you know the developers put an interactive book called How Tom Recovered Time on the Appstore? It's only for iPad.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/how-tom-recovered-time/id501067923?mt=8

It expands on the story but I think it's directed more towards children. Still, worth a look probably.

Oh cool! I'll definitely check that out.

I should also check out Lume. It's been on my wishlist for about the same amount of time as Tiny Bang Story.

kamspy

Obviously, but they won't be done downloading till way later in the evening. I was just wondering if DS and DS 2 on PC were visually attractive games.

I think they look great once you get some AA going. Some of the best looking stuff I've seen in some moments. It's a matter of art design > raw tech, but it's pretty to look at.

KingKong

I don't have anything to play until Guild Wars 2 at the end of August, so... Darksiders 2 or Sleeping Dogs?

Sleeping Dogs is cheaper I think, but Darksiders 2 is longer? I don't really want a game thats like 50 hours though because of GW2 and school

edit: actually, anyone know if the GMG issue was fixed with the keys not being given out?

Valve related. Look at what logo appears around the 24 second mark of this advertisement for a MadCatz keyboard:

http://youtu.be/Z_2DfKJuoz8

Are the people at Madcatz trolling us?

8D3PN.png

HoosTrax

I'm probably the only one who was more interested in the crazy modular keyboard. Too bad there's no mention of it being a mech keyboard. Then again, I never did like Half-Life.

What's the yellow-green icon in the lower left btw?

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
I hate the new voices in CS:GO so much. Thankfully the rest of the game is awesome, but yo, bring back the classic shit.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
Fu***ng MadCatz, I'm buying that keyboard just to play half life 3 with it. I assume the code to activate it on steam comes in the box... right guys? right? guys?

Lizardus

The trailer makes it pretty clear that it is a new "non-video game" related project at Valve.

Non-video game? What could it be?

If it is a prank, then it is sure one hell of a way to generate hits.

Well yeah, I am pretty sure that the logo is the fake one that was floating around they internet few months ago.

Miker

Oh shit, new thread, awesome. Steam getting Community updates is great, but I have to agree with the people who say the client is in greater need of an overhaul. It's clumsy, ugly, and slow, and nobody should ever have to delete clientreg.blob or whatever it is to get it working.

Game Guru

Humble Bundle for Android 3 has these games so far:

Uplink, BIT.TRIP BEAT, Spacechem, Fieldrunners

Beat the Average: Spirits

And I'll be able to get the Steam versions...? I have BIT.TRIP RUNNER, so... Well, I do have a Android Tablet now. Please let this sale coincide with my birthday.

I think they look great once you get some AA going. Some of the best looking stuff I've seen in some moments. It's a matter of art design > raw tech, but it's pretty to look at.

Thanks. I played the first one just now for about 1/2 an hour at max settings. Looks much better than my time with the PS3 version. It's actually my first game from steam (or anywhere else) for my new gaming PC that isn't Ys or Last Remnant.

I think I am going to be buying a lot more PC games...because these visuals are amazing! And Deadspace is an old game, so I can't imagine what something more recent will look like.

I haven't really bought many PC games at all. I was wondering if the Witcher 2 on steam is the best example of the RPG genre available for the PC right now. I have already played Skyrim and don't want to play that again, I own Witcher 1 as well. I also really just wanted something as a visual showcase for what my system can do. Something to make me go wow.

I think I am going to buy Dear Esther tomorrow because it sounds fun to explore.

Aaron

I think I am going to buy Dear Esther tomorrow because it sounds fun to explore.
It's not. It's more like a tour where you're carrying a tape player that plays little messages at specific intervals. Very limited in where you can go, and you can't do anything.

bonesquad

It's a beautiful game interactive screensaver though.

There. I fixed that for you.

Seriously, I just don't understand what people see in Dear Esther. I "played" it during the Steam sale and felt ripped off, and this from someone who really enjoyed Journey.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom