• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 3 -

Status
Not open for further replies.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
We went from potatos to coal so I assume the next thing we'll collect will be another fist-sized object...

hmm... fist-sized...

eNoBK.jpg

D: oh god
Buy everything on Steam and get the special collectible, Gaben's Heart.

Mutant Blob Attacks is a fantastic game and probably my favorite on the Vita. I hope being on steam give it more exposure

I only wish they added more to it then just steamworks stuff

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Hope the last update is for the achievement system. I'm not really an achievement hunter, but the system has always felt weak for me.

Hopefully, I like how Steam handles achievements but they've always felt like an afterthought.

Exuro

Hopefully, I like how Steam handles achievements but they've always felt like an afterthought.
I think it's just going to be our profiles updated with the new look. :(

Not that that's bad but I was hoping for more new features like the Game Hubs.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
GMG finally refunded my Dark Souls pre-order. I'm thinking the $30 can go towards Dishonored.

HoosTrax

phish.png

Why is it so hard for phishers to get someone to proofread their e-mails. I almost feel bad for them every time they reinforce the Engrish stereotype. I'm trying to remember if I even have a bnet account...I think a coworker tried to get me to try WoW once.

I've felt bad about getting Mutant Blobs Attack on Vita the day it came out and never really playing much of it. That will change with the PC version.

Crub

Bought Mutant Blobs Attack because I heard a lot of good things about it on GAF. I played through the first chapter and it seems to be a competent port.

My only issue with the game are the controls. It's clear it was designed with Vita in mind, and makes me wonder why they didn't port the previous game instead. Right now I toggle back and forth between m+kb and my gamepad because there are sections where you have to drag things with a cursor on the screen. Wish I was able to jump with W instead of Space.

spk

GMG finally refunded my Dark Souls pre-order. I'm thinking the $30 can go towards Dishonored.

How much work did it take on your part? I tried to get an Arkham City refund and the best they would offer was store credit.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
phish.png

Why is it so hard for phishers to get someone to proofread their e-mails. I almost feel bad for them every time they reinforce the Engrish stereotype. I'm trying to remember if I even have a bnet account...I think a coworker tried to get me to try WoW once.
Did you visit clicked the site? You wouldn't really like to have to fax your ID materials receipt, do you?

I haven't really bought many PC games at all. I was wondering if the Witcher 2 on steam is the best example of the RPG genre available for the PC right now. I have already played Skyrim and don't want to play that again, I own Witcher 1 as well. I also really just wanted something as a visual showcase for what my system can do. Something to make me go wow.

I think I am going to buy Dear Esther tomorrow because it sounds fun to explore.

Risen is great, but it's not really a visual showcase. Risen 2 has better graphics and a better setting but everything else is much worse.

Darklord

Banned
WTF! So steam is still fucking broken and won't let me buy anything, I finally get GMG to work and buy Sleeping Dogs and the cd key they gave me is invalid. Someone sure doesn't want me playing this game.

Levyne

Banned
Hi guys. It's been awhile since I've been in here. Since the summer sale I've finished Gemini Rue, Mirror's Edge, Witcher and Witcher 2, Lara Croft GoL and put more hours into Just Cause 2.

I'm really interested in Sleeping Dogs. Any idea on whether there will be a steam demo?

Rapstah

I knew I recognised that AciD guy they used as an example for "my content updates". I was a regular in the halflife2.net Steam group chat for like two years and he used to frequent that too. Not quite as cool as if he had been on my friends list which I almost said at first. :(

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Burned through Binary Domain in 3-4 days. It was much more fun than the console version aka, the aiming wasn't causing frustration. Nice backdrop on top of blowing off limps.

So I decided to jump into Fallout New Vegas, but Nexus isn't being cooperative. Yet I still want to play an RPG. Decided to jump into Vampire Bloodlines. Unofficial patch installed and went through the tutorial already.

I finally had some time to try out Binary Domain, and I really want to like it.. but I think I've completely grown out of being able to deal with cutscenes and scripted moments in videogames.

Tutorials are the worst. Being forced to listen to dialogue, watching scenes where you are forced to walk slowly so you wouldn't be able to run away from the jibber. Being funneled through these narrow pathways so you can be led to the next scripted event. It'd only captivate me if done extremely well or in a game focussed on story, not a shooter like this.

I hope mainstream gaming eventually moves away from this model...

Besides that, the shooting felt good and I like some of the gameplay elements and enemy designs. I'll probably keep playing as I heard it gets better later on. Reasonably good port, too!

HoosTrax

Ugh, the prologue for DA:O is turning out to be the most cliche thing ever. I wouldn't be surprised if this leads up to a typical Bioware redshirt scene. And what's with the silly looking head-to-toe blood splatters?

Edit: Yep, I knew it. Well at least it wasn't my dog that got redshirted.

DTKT

Ugh, the prologue for DA:O is turning out to be the most cliche thing ever. I wouldn't be surprised if this leads up to a typical Bioware redshirt scene. And what's with the silly looking head-to-toe blood splatters?

Pretty sure that there is an option for that.

Or a mod, somewhere.

Levyne

Banned
So I'm trying to launch HAWX 2 but I get "This game is currently not available" message. The steam support page suggests tons of stuff to try to fix but does anyone know the most probable cause before I just start going down the list?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom