• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 3 -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tess3ract

Banned
It's not Two Worlds 1 (for some people that's a plus)

It doesn't have the charm of tw1 but it has slightly better combat and a worse story

it's also not that open anymore

Derrick01

Banned
I still love kotor 2 to death but if anything good came out of the dumbing down of rpgs it was the elimination of dice roll combat, I truly detest it. Try to bash a door down *miss*, try to hit a stunned target *miss*. Am I a jedi knight or the star wars kid in his garage?

I can't signup to that site for some reason, but it says that when you get one you get another for a friend, so I'd take that if anyone's willing :p

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I can't signup to that site for some reason, but it says that when you get one you get another for a friend, so I'd take that if anyone's willing :p

I'm not sure what the go is with that. There's only one key in my profile, I haven't received an e-mail with a second key, and I don't have a spare copy of the game in my inventory (which is what I assume is being alluded to with "Upon registering your key you get another one to give to a friend!").

I'm not sure what the go is with that. There's only one key in my profile, I haven't received an e-mail with a second key, and I don't have a spare copy of the game in my inventory (which is what I assume is being alluded to with "Upon registering your key you get another one to give to a friend!").

Oh well, thanks for trying! Chrome has been acting really strange lately. I should try and get that fixed.

So I've played KotOR 2 without incident for about 14 hours but Onderon crashes like nobodies business. The moon of Dxun was fine but down on Iziz the game crashes half the time I enter or exit the cantina, which is a central part of progressing the main quest line in Iziz. I had actually just cleared the cantina part and progressed the Onderon quest line only to have the game crash in a loading screen, luckily I had just saved moments before.

Derrick01

Banned
So I've played KotOR 2 without incident for about 14 hours but Onderon crashes like nobodies business. The moon of Dxun was fine but down on Iziz the game crashes half the time I enter or exit the cantina, which is a central part of progressing the main quest line in Iziz. I had actually just cleared the cantina part and progressed the Onderon quest line only to have the game crash in a loading screen, luckily I had just saved moments before.

Yeah the game is still pretty buggy. I'm just at the point on the ship where I can start going to the planets and after a friendly sparring match some random cutscene played with characters I hadn't seen or heard of yet. Now maybe that happened before and I just forgot about it but I've had a few experiences so far with lines in conversations skipping ahead and other glitches.

Blizzard

Banned
Are you using the fan patch to restore content, or playing pure the pure vanilla version? Or using vanilla plus widescreen custom .exe?

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences

I just got out of the hospital last night and woke to find jim-jam had gifted it to me. Haven't even had the chance to redeem it yet because I'm still on my ride home, but I'm really looking forward to playing it and seeing how it compares, since I never have. That and seeing the Ultima sale on GOG really made a bad week better.

New friends page in community is great. Jase, did you just buy Transformers: WfC off-sale?

I just got out of the hospital last night and woke to find jim-jam had gifted it to me. Haven't even had the chance to redeem it yet because I'm still on my ride home, but I'm really looking forward to playing it and seeing how it compares, since I never have. That and seeing the Ultima sale on GOG really made a bad week better.

Damn, hospital? Get well soon!

Joe Molotov

I got a Starvoid key earlier and decided to give it a go, but.....I guess the problem with having a super-secret launch of a multiplayer-only game is there's not really anyone playing. After 30 minutes I finally got a kill though (the first person I saw).

Are you using the fan patch to restore content, or playing pure the pure vanilla version? Or using vanilla plus widescreen custom .exe?

Restored content, widescreen and UI fixes, so this is supposed to be the most stable version of KOTOR II. All of the crashes in Onderon were in the Iziz cantina. Now I'm on Nar Shadda and encountered a completely random crash while in combat. It's strange how the first fourteen hours were fine and now it's kind of unstable all of the sudden.

I've just gotten in the habit of saving frequently after fighting through and exploring a large-ish area or progressing a questline.

Yeesh, hospital? At least you'll have some decent entertainment to tide you over while you recover.

Man, wish I'd known that turning cheats on in Saint's Row 3 permenantly disables achievements on that save, even if you turn them off again. It makes sense, but... weak.

Blizzard

Banned
Restored content, widescreen and UI fixes, so this is supposed to be the most stable version of KOTOR II. All of the crashes in Onderon were in the Iziz cantina. Now I'm on Nar Shadda and encountered a completely random crash while in combat. It's strange how the first fourteen hours were fine and now it's kind of unstable all of the sudden.
The most stable? From what at least one other person was posting (maybe in the KOTOR 2 thread), with the restored content thread they were getting weird bugs and crashes after a while, so it sounded like the extra content added bugs. My guess is that vanilla with widescreen, or maybe vanilla without widescreen, is the most stable.

neoism

I started up Batman AC and forgot to plug my controller up... I fucking somehow delelted my 52% normal saves. :.( how can I uses steam clound to get it back or am I fucked....

I started up Batman AC and forgot to plug my controller up... I fucking somehow delelted my 52% normal saves. :.( how can I uses steam clound to get it back or am I fucked....

Steam Cloud doesn't work with GFWL games, only (some) Steamworks games. Sorry :(

Derrick01

Banned
With the Civ 4 expansions do I need to have Civ 4 installed to run it or is the purchase enough? I'm pretty much just planning on playing Beyond the Sword.

dimon222

Neo Member
Valve began banning screenshots.

61iON.png

Link: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=84446704&requirelogin=true

(c) TGC

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Banning screenshots doesn't make any sense. Just change the word to "deleted".

New friends page in community is great. Jase, did you just buy Transformers: WfC off-sale?

I had somebody gift the game to me when it was on sale and it'd been sitting in my inventory unredeemed.

AlexBasch

Well, now we wait, I was sorry about missing the sale but thanks to awesome geflat0 this mistake has been corrected.

l9SSP.png

I truly expect to feel like a neanderthal at some point.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Not sure if this is the right thread for it, but... playing through arkham city, and now it seems like due to not being able to access GFWL for whatever reason, I have lost my entire progress for Arkham city.

So yeah.

Fuck GFWL.

dimon222

Neo Member
I was just checking the Spacewars hub, and it was full of Sniper Elite shots from a guy who doesn't even own the game. http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2905132 weird.
Old trick

1. Install Spacewar - steam://install/480
2. Make screenshot
3. Change it to your own one
4. Restart steam
5. Open screenshot manager
6. ???
7. Profit!

Example
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVKGISB1X1M

You can find screenshot somewhere on the web or even get it from the cracked one.

AlexBasch

Not sure if this is the right thread for it, but... playing through arkham city, and now it seems like due to not being able to access GFWL for whatever reason, I have lost my entire progress for Arkham city.

So yeah.

Fuck GFWL.
I couldn't finish Arkham City in the Xbox because for some reason my saves kept erasing over and over, after the fourth try I just gave up and returned the game to a friend. I thought buying the Steam version would help but by the looks of it, I'll never be able to finish AC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom