• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 3 -

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
Ugh, the prologue for DA:O is turning out to be the most cliche thing ever. I wouldn't be surprised if this leads up to a typical Bioware redshirt scene. And what's with the silly looking head-to-toe blood splatters?

Edit: Yep, I knew it. Well at least it wasn't my dog that got redshirted.
DA: O is pretty much your Bioware template followed to the bone, but there's some cool surprises and I find hard not to like its old-school charm.

So I'm trying to launch HAWX 2 but I get "This game is currently not available" message. The steam support page suggests tons of stuff to try to fix but does anyone know the most probable cause before I just start going down the list?

The cause is the TF2 update flooding Valve's servers. You can go into offline mode, or wait an hour or two.

Tukker

Ugh, the prologue for DA:O is turning out to be the most cliche thing ever. I wouldn't be surprised if this leads up to a typical Bioware redshirt scene. And what's with the silly looking head-to-toe blood splatters?

Edit: Yep, I knew it. Well at least it wasn't my dog that got redshirted.

yea it can get a bit cliche-ish sometimes but it was still one of the games I enjoyed most in the last years. Keep on playing :)

So I am trying to load steam but it keeps freezing at Connecting to account _______ is this just me?

EDIT. 3rd times the charm I am in!

Levyne

Banned
The cause is the TF2 update flooding Valve's servers. You can go into offline mode, or wait an hour or two.

That's really the cause?

Well, anyways, seems like I can't start it in offline mode. Guess I'll just try some of the suggestions on that page or play something else.

Exuro

Isn't Steam Greenlight launching soon? I keep thinking that I remember reading it would start on the 17th but maybe I'm imaging that.
The beta I believe.

Is TF2 using the new content system yet? Once everything has moved over Steam shouldn't be having issues like tf2 downtime.

Blizzard

Banned
Train Simulator 2012 will be updated to the next version, 2013, next month for free if you already own it. It'll add Steam Workshop support.
Whoa, Steam Workshop quite surprises me. I thought their model was basically making the money off of the paid DLC...if people make their own workshop packs, can't they kind of replace the DLC with free versions?

I do really like their practice of updating people to the new version each year though. I think that's why I bought Railworks to begin with, to support it.

Exuro

Whoa, Steam Workshop quite surprises me. I thought their model was basically making the money off of the paid DLC...if people make their own workshop packs, can't they kind of replace the DLC with free versions?

I do really like their practice of updating people to the new version each year though. I think that's why I bought Railworks to begin with, to support it.
Unless it's Workshop ala TF2/Dota 2

In the latest Steam beta, the following was added:

"SteamUI_ValveSurvey_Summary_OSWineString" "Wine version: %s1"
"SteamUI_ValveSurvey_Summary_KernelName" "Kernel Name: %s1"
"SteamUI_ValveSurvey_Summary_KernelVersion" "Kernel Version: %s1"
"SteamUI_ValveSurvey_Summary_XServerVendorName " "X Server vendor: %s1"
"SteamUI_ValveSurvey_Summary_XServerVendorRele ase" "X Server release: %s1"
"steam_library_filter_allplatform_linux" "Linux Games"

I kind of want to see Fez come to PC, if only so I can see what all the fuss is about, beyond the Phil Fish drama.

He doesn't look like much but man I don't want to be around him when he gets angry.

Fez will almost certainly come to PC I think. Phil's made comments before about waiting out the XBLA exclusive deal. I wonder if it will have GFWL though because it's apparently published by Microsoft.

He doesn't look like much but man I don't want to be around him when he gets angry.

Fez will almost certainly come to PC I think. Phil's made comments before about waiting out the XBLA exclusive deal. I wonder if it will have GFWL though because it's apparently published by Microsoft.

"Published by Microsoft" is meaningless for XBLA games. Since ANY indie game that isn't published by a third party has to be done through Microsoft. It's only GFWL if Microsoft owns the IP (like Iron Brigade).

dot

Mmm, so i'm playing the ClaDun x2 demo right now and i have to say the music is quite good. I'm still at the menu screen listening to it and i haven't even actually played the game yet! Haha.

There needs to be more NISA games on Steam. This game just reminds me of Disgaea. ;_;

I finished unmechanical.

I really like looking at the credits of like 15 people and being like yep I gave you guys money. You deserve it.

When you have indie games with 300 people how the hell is that indie?

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
I finished unmechanical.

I really like looking at the credits of like 15 people and being like yep I gave you guys money. You deserve it.

When you have indie games with 300 people how the hell is that indie?
Indie just means self published. Doesn't have to be a small team.

Indie just means self published. Doesn't have to be a small team.

Psh don't get after me with your definitions.

I'd argue it's a label that means certain things nowadays, more than straight up just independent. If Epic published Gears of War whatever on steam by themselves it certainly wouldn't be indie.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Psh don't get after me with your definitions.

I'd argue it's a label that means certain things nowadays, more than straight up just independent. If Epic published Gears of War whatever on steam by themselves it certainly wouldn't be indie.
No, because MS presumably helped to pay for Gears development. Epic's Infinity Blade, however, is an indie game. Fortnite will be indie too.

No, because MS presumably helped to pay for Gears development. Epic's Infinity Blade, however, is an indie game. Fortnite will be indie too.

A much better example yes.

But you get what I'm saying. It's left just being "independent" and now has a whole host of other things attached to that label.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
How much work did it take on your part? I tried to get an Arkham City refund and the best they would offer was store credit.

It was a simple process: I just submitted a refund request using the "Submit a request" form and waited six days. Aside from an automated reply, the only communication I received was an e-mail telling me that the refund has been processed and to allow a few days for the money to return to my bank account.

I see our blood feud continues.

And may it continue forevermore!

In the latest Steam beta, the following was added:

"SteamUI_ValveSurvey_Summary_OSWineString" "Wine version: %s1"
"SteamUI_ValveSurvey_Summary_KernelName" "Kernel Name: %s1"
"SteamUI_ValveSurvey_Summary_KernelVersion" "Kernel Version: %s1"
"SteamUI_ValveSurvey_Summary_XServerVendorName " "X Server vendor: %s1"
"SteamUI_ValveSurvey_Summary_XServerVendorRele ase" "X Server release: %s1"
"steam_library_filter_allplatform_linux" "Linux Games"

Also this:

Code:
"Steam_P2P"				"P2P"
"Steam_P2POptions_FolderLabel"		"Peer-to-peer downloads (\"Freloads\") folder:"
"Steam_P2POptions_UploadSpeedLabel"	"Limit upload speed to:"
"Steam_P2POptions_SharingLabel"		"Peer-to-peer sharing:"
"Steam_P2POptions_SharingHelpText_StopImmediately"	"(When you have 100% of a file, uploading will stop immediately.)"
"Steam_P2POptions_SharingHelpText_UntilRatio"	"(When you have 100% of a file, uploading will continue until you've shared the file one time.)"
"Steam_P2POptions_SharingHelpText_Manual"	"(When you have 100% of a file, sharing will continue until you manually disable it or join a game.)"

"Steam_P2POptions_SharingCB_StopImmediately"	"Stop sharing each file as soon as it is downloaded"
"Steam_P2POptions_SharingCB_UntilRatio"	"Share each file until its sharing ratio reaches 1:1"
"Steam_P2POptions_SharingCB_Manual"	"Share each file until I turn sharing off"

Code:
"tooltip_view_fullscreen" "Big Picture Mode "

Bluth54

The beta I believe.

Is TF2 using the new content system yet? Once everything has moved over Steam shouldn't be having issues like tf2 downtime.

No steam is not on the new content system yet. It wouldn't of mattered even if it was, with the amount of new assets in the TF2 update it would of been huge even on the new content system.

feel

quote to see keys for Star Wolves, UFO Afterlight, Theatre of War 2: Africa 1943, Rig'N Roll, Space Rangers, King's Bounty: Armored Princess, Reign: Conflict of Nations and Death To Spies 1 &2, there's multiple of each

Card Boy

Banned
Valve sucks. I hit afew duplicate codes then it when to invalid, so i got nothing. I appreciate the sentiment though and you're generosity.

Salsa

the hell is this

iSBQNRKT9PXmn.PNG

just recieved that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom