• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 3 -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nabs

Alan Wake is the weekend deal. Everything is 75% off again.

It's a great game and a great port. It's definitely worth picking up.

jkoch

Is there really no discussion about Tower Wars? I thought it would be right up your guys'es alley. Bought it last night and did the tutorial and maybe a half hour of one of the classic TD maps. Didn't get into MP yet, but seems like it will be fun.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Alan Wake is the weekend deal. Everything is 75% off again.

It's a great game and a great port. It's definitely worth picking up.

On point, as usual.

Sniper V2 is worth maybe 5$. Or you can just play the demo a couple times in a row and you will have pretty much played the game.

Cade

Just checking in as I always do to make sure everyone who doesn't own Alan Wake gets it, and the Collector's Edition is as I always say quite worth it for the soundtrack alone.

ShaneB

Is there really no discussion about Tower Wars? I thought it would be right up your guys'es alley. Bought it last night and did the tutorial and maybe a half hour of one of the classic TD maps. Didn't get into MP yet, but seems like it will be fun.

I mentioned how much I loved the art style, but I'm not a big tower defence fan, so it's a wait and see from me, I'll pick it up during a sale or the eventual indie bundle, etc.

Wok

Dtezt.png

Do we start complaining about not having beta invites for the community stuff yet?

Beaten. I was about to.

I have played a bit of A Stroke of Fate: Operation Valkyrie and I have been shocked to see svastika everywhere and hear nazi discussions. I thought videogames were censored on these subjects.

Javaman

There's sooo many tower defense games out there now it's easy for a game to be lost in the crowd. Does it do anything noticably different from the other 100 clones?

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Some guys here really liked my game recommendations, so I figured I might post this here for some views. The thread about overlooked Indie games is a bit too... overlooked! :p

I'd appreciate if you guys could find the time to take a look at the games. I promise they are worth your time if the general description appeals to you. Both of the currently featured games are really well done.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=487216

jkoch

There's sooo many tower defense games out there now it's easy for a game to be lost in the crowd. Does it do anything noticably different from the other 100 clones?

It has competitive multiplayer. You build towers and send dudes into your opponent's base. I think you can play 1v1, 2v2, or 3v3.

ShaneB

Some guys here really liked my game recommendations, so I figured I might post this here for some views. The thread about overlooked Indie games is a bit too... overlooked! :p

I'd appreciate if you guys could find the time to take a look at the games. I promise they are worth your time if the general description appeals to you. Both of the currently featured games are really well done.

Toma, I always appreciate your reviews. I might not ever play half the games, but you certainly put together great writing and you always focus on those lesser known titles, so it is much appreciated!

That being said, I should play Oniken some day, I remember the launch trailer was badass with great heavy metal :)

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Toma, I always appreciate your reviews. I might not ever play half the games, but you certainly put together great writing and you always focus on those lesser known titles, so it is much appreciated!

That being said, I should play Oniken some day, I remember the launch trailer was badass with great heavy metal :)

Yeah, thats the reason why I'll only post about 2 games each week. Those smaller Indie games are more bite sized anyway, and I figured more people would be able to try more games if we split the recommendations up in weekly parts.

And Oniken really seems to be great. Havent bought it yet, but might do so during this week.

Oh yeah, those games are FREE or have a DEMO, so everyone can try. I'd also appreciate some thread bumping, since it looks so desperate if I am bumping it all the time :p

I got 2 invites, but you can't trade them. What's the point of the second one?

edit- nm, there's a send gift option lol

edit 2- it also says it will be tradable soon too

nexen

Was looking for invites in my inventory when I noticed that my game gift inventory is missing in action.
I had some old crusty Half Life stuff in there and Sanctum. Is my stuff gone or did they move the page somewhere else?

Nabs

Was looking for invites in my inventory when I noticed that my game gift inventory is missing in action.
I had some old crusty Half Life stuff in there and Sanctum. Is my stuff gone or did they move the page somewhere else?

Yeah, something is up. My invites have gone missing! I'm sure they will fix it in a few.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Wow, finished my badge on the first day but still didn't get invites. Guess I was too late. Oh well, more invites going out daily sounds decent.

Tess3ract

Banned
Aww yeah I got an invite.

I thought I had an invite but apparently I don't? What's going on here.

I can't see my steam inventory.

nexen

Yeah, something is up. My invites have gone missing! I'm sure they will fix it in a few.

No I mean my full games are missing out of my inventory. I had Sanctum, HL, HL:Episode One, and probably some other sale fodder. Not terribly upset since I didn't have much use for them but still...

edit: although, yeah, probably related.

Nabs

No I mean my full games are missing out of my inventory. I had Sanctum, HL, HL:Episode One, and probably some other sale fodder. Not terribly upset since I didn't have much use for them but still...

edit: although, yeah, probably related.

Yeah, it's related.

will love for invite

Got my invites and activated one of them. It's... a little weird. Maybe because I don't use Google+ or Facebook so I'm not used to this.

zkylon

zkylewd
Eh, weird, Steam said I had two new items in my inventory, and now my whole Steam inventory is gone. I just had an extra Nuclear Dawn copy, but wtf...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom