• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 3 -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rapstah

I started to really feel like having a Street Fighter game on my PC and I really like Tekken. I noticed Street Fighter X Tekken has Games for Windows Live, and I'm not a fan of having to use that service together with Steam for 40 euros.

Will there be a "super" version of SFXT and if so when is it coming? Is it cheaper as a download anywhere else? I think I had a third question but I can't remember it.

Sober

How long until Darksiders starts to get good?
First dungeon. After you hop on the gryphon and have a Star Fox sequence, the first dungeon starts after that. The cue is you have to find a key for a door (the first one in the game ever I believe). That pretty much starts the above sequence.

Miker

First dungeon. After you hop on the gryphon and have a Star Fox sequence, the first dungeon starts after that. The cue is you have to find a key for a door (the first one in the game ever I believe). That pretty much starts the above sequence.

I found that gryphon (griffin?) sequence to be more Panzer Dragoon, but YMMV.

mannerbot

I started to really feel like having a Street Fighter game on my PC and I really like Tekken. I noticed Street Fighter X Tekken has Games for Windows Live, and I'm not a fan of having to use that service together with Steam for 40 euros.

Will there be a "super" version of SFXT and if so when is it coming? Is it cheaper as a download anywhere else? I think I had a third question but I can't remember it.

I would very highly recommend not getting SFxT. The game is dead in general, and since PC fighting games have fewer players anyway, it's gonna be a ghost town if you get the GFWL release. Just get SSFIV: AE and call it a day.

Miker

Not sure if this is what you're looking for, but you can always emulate the older games. I think SFIII works well with nullDC, and Tekken probably works with PCSX2.

Rapstah

I would very highly recommend not getting SFxT. The game is dead in general, and since PC fighting games have fewer players anyway, it's gonna be a ghost town if you get the GFWL release. Just get SSFIV: AE and call it a day.

I considered this too and I'm probably going to buy AE instead, sure.

JustinBB7

Maybe a weird question, but I'm replaying Half-Life 2: Episode 2 right now, I modded my Alyx (hehe) to look different (hehe), but after she
gets attacked and almost dies
she goes back to her old skin/model. Anybody know how to fix that?

Maybe a weird question, but I'm replaying Half-Life 2: Episode 2 right now, I modded my Alyx (hehe) to look different (hehe), but after she
gets attacked and almost dies
she goes back to her old skin/model. Anybody know how to fix that?

Are you playing mouse or WASD only?

They Bleed Pixels is so good. Just put a few hours into it. More people definitely need to pick it up.

I'm not great at selling stuff. But it's a great platformer that'll put you in mind of SMB. It also has surprisingly deep combat and a system that reminds me of the bulletstorm diminishing returns when you spam attacks. So you'll need to vary the way you kill. The points you earn feed into a system for charging up and dropping checkpoints where you want them, which i thought was smart.

The soundtrack is also pretty nifty.

I love They Bleed Pixels, although I'm stuck on 2-3 because I refuse to finish the level without getting all of the pages (TBP's only collectible) and FUCK GHOSTS.

DTKT

The real issue is that there is a lot of information on game-specific forum that is going to be lost. Threads about game issues, special mods and plenty of useful stuff is just going to disappear when they turn the light off.

I wish they would just port the sticked threads or the entire database.

They could just leave it up in a read only state. You can still get to game specific forums through the "forums" link on the right hand side of your games library. Might not be able to see those links with compact mode though.

Dream shattered:

Hello everyone,

Several users have raised some concerns about the new Community Discussions area and what it means for the future of the Steam Powered User Forums.

Currently, we don't have any plans to close down these forums. As long as people are still active here we plan to keep them open. The Community discussions feature offers several new features - full Steam integration, in-client notification of new posts to subscribed discussions, and the ability for anyone to make and moderate their very own group forums. However, we understand that there's a lot of history here in these forums, and that the Community discussions don't have all the same features you've gotten used to here.

We've added a link to these forums from the Community discussions landing page, accessible both in client and on the web. Please keep the feedback coming, and we'll be continuing to work to improve the forum experience, both here and on the Steam Community.

Thanks,
Al

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2922901

HoosTrax

You were hoping they'd kill SPUF with fire were you.

I don't really have anything tying me to SPUF, like massive amount of rep that I care about.

But the new Game Hub discussions thing lacks good usability for me. The width of the threads wastes so much screen real estate. Compare it to how GAF does the thread layout -- every inch of width is available. Plus I like how SPUF lists all two thousand or so game subforums so that I can instantly navigate to one without having to go through the game hub. Can I even see the game hub discussions for game I don't own, to see people's feedback on the game? I don't even know.

haikira

I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened.

ii4mB.png

How do I access Greenlight now that the banner on the Storefront is gone. I restarted Steam and don't have a Greenlight tab under Community.

Edit: Found it under Game Hubs on the sidebar.

DTKT

P2P multiplayer focused FPSs are dead unless your Activision/Valve/EA.

Game will be at the bottom of the top 100 within 2 months, mark my words. Quote me on this.

NS2 has a small but dedicated community playing the original. If NS2 is well received, there is a good chance that you'll still see full servers 2 years from now.

A bit like Killing Floor or Red Orchestra 1. Not 2, that was a travesty.

jediyoshi

Natural Selection II pre-order is up, with release in October: http://store.steampowered.com/app/4920/

If I had the time for multiplayer games, I'd consider getting a 4-pack.

Oh, hell, I might still get the 4-pack.

People who've already preordered from their site get an extra standard giftable copy as well. Nice to know the special edition armor is still exclusive from there
http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/news/2012/9/natural_selection_2_pre_orders_on_steam

Talked to the devs during pax, they turned down valve's suggestion to do tf2 hats ]:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom