• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 3 -

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, this is random. Just bought the 4 pack deal for Torchlight 2 and Natural Selection 2. I now have 3 copies of Natural Section 2 in my gifts page, but only 2 copies of Torchlight 2.

Any ideas what's wrong?

Try restarting the client and/or waiting a few hours. If the missing stuff doesn't show up, contact Steam support and I'm sure they'll fix it.

camerooni

Neo Member
2012-09-05 06:01:13 - New appid: 81994 Garshasp Temple of the Dragon

Heh.. ;)

Seriously though - does anyone know anything about this? Sequel? Offshoot? Remake? Add-on?

EDIT: Doh - google is my friend ("Garshasp "Temple of Dragon" is a DLC for Garshasp") - makes sense!

DOUBLE EDIT: Speaking of.. (Please say if you've taken the key.. not sure what happened to the Victoria II one, but it's nice to know that someone who appreciates it has taken it rather than someone who just wants to try to trade it for something else :/)

eyeless

2012-09-05 06:01:13 - New appid: 81994 Garshasp Temple of the Dragon

Heh.. ;)

Seriously though - does anyone know anything about this? Sequel? Offshoot? Remake? Add-on?

EDIT: Doh - google is my friend ("Garshasp "Temple of Dragon" is a DLC for Garshasp") - makes sense!

DOUBLE EDIT: Speaking of.. (Please say if you've taken the key.. not sure what happened to the Victoria II one, but it's nice to know that someone who appreciates it has taken it rather than someone who just wants to try to trade it for something else :/)
got the key. never heard of it but i'll give it a shot. thanks.

I just checked when Humble Bundles normally go live, and it's always been 10AM in my timezone (GMT +2), which was 2 hours ago. So my guess is 22 hours from now.

I am strangely excited for it.

So nothing happening in Steam lately huh?
Greenlight and Community update were pretty major events.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered

iTANS5DZVILBb.gif

The original X-COM had a dude, both in the intro and as one of the character sprites, with the guile hair. It's 100% appropriate and a nice nod to the old-school players of the series.

JustinBB7

Maybe a weird question, but I'm replaying Half-Life 2: Episode 2 right now, I modded my Alyx (hehe) to look different (hehe), but after she
gets attacked and almost dies
she goes back to her old skin/model. Anybody know how to fix that?

Anybody know? I guess I need to replace the other file as well but I can't find it.

Miker

I've spent the most time with the game on a system with a 560Ti and an i5 2500k processor, it easily maxes it out at 1080p while keeping a steady 50-60fps in all but the most extreme of situations. Still needs more optimization (currently a cheese strategy for aliens is to spawn dozens of their builder AI units and march them into the marine base, killing performance and allowing easy kills), and lower end dual core systems could use more work (though they can get 30-50fps at medium settings), but overall it's way improved over how it was before and optimisation a main priority from now until release apparently.

Awesome, thanks. I like a solid 60 fps in my multiplayer shooters, and it's good to hear that they've come such a long way.

MRORANGE

ooooh Natural Selection II is on Steam, I wish I could buy it ;-;

Primal Carnage looked great as well until I saw this:

exclusive%20skin.jpg

seriously this kinda makes me not want to play the game :|

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
it's currently 20% off. using the 25% off coupon drops it to $36. Cheapest i've seen it.

Hmm, must be NA-only. I only see the regular 16% pre-order discount.

Dang, I should just wait until I drink some coffee before I make posts in the morning. :(

But! Thank you, and 36 dollars for this game?

9nPMj.gif

It's a pity you missed out on the cheap Season Pass. Could've had the game + DLC for the price of a new release!

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
ooooh Natural Selection II is on Steam, I wish I could buy it ;-;

exclusive%20skin.jpg

As the generation of designers not influenced by Jurassic Park begins to create videogames, we're just going to have to accept that scientifically discredited conception going the way of the dinosaurs.

Blizzard

Banned
As the generation of designers not influenced by Jurassic Park begins to create videogames, we're just going to have to accept that scientifically discredited conception going the way of the dinosaurs.
His scientifically discredited conception is going to become covered with feathers?!

It will be tragic when games start campaigning for reality though. Feathered dinosaurs, zombies will turn out not to exist outside of rare bath salt incidents, etc.

PaulLFC

I have a bit of a long winded question about Steam which can basically be summed up with "How can I play my Steam games from one install on two different OSs (not simultaneously)?" A bit of info:

I've just installed Windows 8 on a VHD and am now dual booting it with Windows 7. I have Steam installed on my main Windows 7 drive (C), but most of my games are stored on my external HDD through Steam Mover.

After I installed Windows 8 to the VHD, I tried playing Guild Wars 2, which is also installed to my external drive, through it by creating a shortcut to the launcher within Windows 8. This seems to work, and I can play GW2 fine.

So I thought it would be as simple with Steam - I browsed to the C drive where Steam and Windows 7 are, found the Steam .exe and made a shortcut to it in Windows 8.

Steam launches fine, and I can see my games list with an accurate list of which games are installed and which aren't - but every time I launch a game I get "this game is currently unavailable".

Is there any way to make the games work in both OSs short of installing them twice?

louiedog

I have a bit of a long winded question about Steam which can basically be summed up with "How can I play my Steam games from one install on two different OSs (not simultaneously)?" A bit of info:

I've just installed Windows 8 on a VHD and am now dual booting it with Windows 7. I have Steam installed on my main Windows 7 drive (C), but most of my games are stored on my external HDD through Steam Mover.

After I installed Windows 8 to the VHD, I tried playing Guild Wars 2, which is also installed to my external drive, through it by creating a shortcut to the launcher within Windows 8. This seems to work, and I can play GW2 fine.

So I thought it would be as simple with Steam - I browsed to the C drive where Steam and Windows 7 are, found the Steam .exe and made a shortcut to it in Windows 8.

Steam launches fine, and I can see my games list with an accurate list of which games are installed and which aren't - but every time I launch a game I get "this game is currently unavailable".

Is there any way to make the games work in both OSs short of installing them twice?

Hmmm. Install Steam separately in Windows 8 and use a symbolic link to the steamapps folder? Just an idea, haven't tried something like it myself. It may require some changes to your setup since you're already using symbolic links with steam mover.

1-D_FTW

Maybe it's changed, but I've had two OSes installed and my Steam library on a third partition. Always worked fine.

But I do leave open the possibility things have changed. Because I never have solved the issue of why whenever I reformat 7 (and it's my only OS now), none of my games will update or load until I've done a "verify files" for every game and then redownload some small chunk of whatever.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Usually don't preorder stuff, but somehow I ended up with a preorder of Borderlands 2, Primal Carnage, and Torchlight 2. Gimme dem preloads, Valve

PaulLFC

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll try verifying files first and then the symbolic link to steamapps if that doesn't work.

Wok

exclusive%20skin.jpg

Did you make it on purpose, posting this the same day of xkcd? Or is the xkcd guy longing for Primal Carnage to be released?

feathers.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom