• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 3 -

Status
Not open for further replies.

kami_sama

Yay, I missed the free Dirt key :D

Worst thing about the Dirt franchise has always been the non-rally stuff, with 3 featuring so much of it that it made me loathe the game. A game with nothing but that garbage, good god.
I've played a little (I don't know every game mode), but what I've played was a lot of fun. Dirt 3's Gimkanas were BAD, but what I've played in this game is great.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Will there be any comercial RPG games, like ones of ps3 (renosance of fate)? if not I think this is a terrible idea, steam greenlight.

1-D_FTW

The only reason I entered the key into Steam instead of giving it away is I want to see if Destruction Derby mode is any good. I do like me some derby.

JustinBB7

All that build up to Citadel Prime and The Authority.

Ah man, was so funny.

So yeah, upload this data for us and then we can build a giant army! And fight the authority!! You upload the code... which is super easy, with no end boss or anything, and then suddenly... game over.
Laughed my ass off when I saw the credits.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
Thanks Nam. Redeemed it, but I wonder why it was public?

I have no idea, I used the email tag. In the past that worked great, maybe it's a bug in the new platform? Glad someone from GAF took it since it was public for like 2 seconds lol :p

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
of course it's steams fault. If they green light your game and work with you to develop it and they hire their best developers to make your game they are taking responsibility for what they create with you.

At this point it has nothing to do with the original developers once they green light your game and develop it they are taking full custodial of your rights and developlong the game for themselves and for the community and when they green light it that means they are going to make it.

Dungeon Keeper 1 and 2
i dont know why not...sorry my english is not good
but i think this 2 games need to be in steam, because are really good, i trie to put in the list, but i cant because my count steam freeze, for that i put this, because someone send this messenge..."please please steam, put this 2 game in the list, this are very good and have a lot of fun"
thanks for all and please support this post

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Dungeon Keeper 1 and 2
but i think this 2 games need to be in steam, because are really good, i trie to put in the list, but i cant because my count steam freeze, for that i put this, because someone send this messenge..."please please steam, put this 2 game in the list, this are very good and have a lot of fun"

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Dungeon Keeper 1 and 2
Why? You can already get them without DRM on GoG.

Joe Molotov

Why? You can already get them without DRM on GoG.

For some reason these people want to keep an "exclusive" platform. Meanwhile Amazon will let you publish any book or game you want for pennies and even free for a limited time. When storage and bandwidth are your only expenses--and for a company Valve's size this should be nearly free--you can carry virtually every game that any indie gamemaker wants to make.

I long for the day that competition forces you to go DRM free and my past purchases are released from your platform.

I like the idea
But like i say i like the idea but all those games are inde games (crap games well most of them) why not remove the need of license so people can promote the "real games"? i dont want to bash inde games but come on. I like to see games like red alert 4 on steam or other great games. Like sims 4 and that kind of games not those self made inde crap? just saying.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I like the idea
But like i say i like the idea but all those games are inde games (crap games well most of them) why not remove the need of license so people can promote the "real games"? i dont want to bash inde games but come on. I like to see games like red alert 4 on steam or other great games. Like sims 4 and that kind of games not those self made inde crap? just saying.
Nah, I'd take stuff like the Bit.Trip saga, Super Meat Boy, NightSky, Cave Story, Limbo, Braid and Uplink over The Sims any day.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Just finished RAGE...

oh god that ending ahahaha oh man no way

still, one of the best FPS this generation hands down

but that ending

ahahahaha

Like all id games, the campaign just... ends. The lack of anything resembling a final boss bothered me, though. It's hard to believe a veteran FPS developer released an FPS that, despite some modernised trimmings, is very much a classic shooter at its core, only to forego the inclusion of a final boss.

Like all id games, the campaign just... ends. The lack of anything resembling a final boss bothered me, though. It's hard to believe a veteran FPS developer released an FPS that, despite some modernised trimmings, is very much a classic shooter at its core, only to forego the inclusion of a final boss.

It's weird in a way because I felt that RAGE didn't overstay its welcome but they must have realized that very late because the story doesn't reflect that :lol But yeah, the total lack of a final boss hurt the ending a lot. What happened to that one huge mutant anyway? Finding the defib upgrade gave me the achievement "It's Alive!", I thought it referred to the mutant but I guess it was just your regular Frankenstein reference...

NZNova

It's not strictly steam related but, I can't play Dark Souls at the moment because GFWL won't let me in. The marketplace just brings up an error message when I check there, and the server status page is just a 404. Umm... is it down for anyone else?

Sarcasm

It's not strictly steam related but, I can't play Dark Souls at the moment because GFWL won't let me in. The marketplace just brings up an error message when I check there, and the server status page is just a 404. Umm... is it down for anyone else?

Did for me but was able to play offline.

The wonders of GFWL. If it wasn't for other people having the same issues I'd suggest checking your password again. GFWL isn't exactly that... "precise" in telling you what the problem is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom