• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 4 - winter seal is coming

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this where I go to get steam friends?

I just built a decent computer for the first time in my life, and have a midrange GPU coming soon. I'm going to play Bastion and Hotline Miami before moving on to other stuff. I usually just play fighting games, but I'm excited about Steam stuff. I will add SFAE when it goes on sale, I guess and maybe SFxT whenever the price drops.

Anyway, I like video games and my steam name is biscuit5001

Firehead

Looks like the Steam Store got a slight update. They updated the navigation buttons for the top banner and the "Now Available" text under games.

Caerith

Q3Test > Quake 3

Never cared for how they changed the weapons from Q1/Q2 (non-spirally railgun, lightning gun no longer discharges in water) or turned it into a neon bouncepad extravaganza.

Really looking forward to the Steam Beta that uses time travel to let you play with people in the past (ie, Valve Time) so I can re-install UT99.

The new scrolling bar on the main store page is ugly :(

Also man I picked up the UT complete pack ages ago, guess it's time to finally install some of them..

HoosTrax

Don't know if any of you guys bought the Amnesia Fortnight Humble Bundle but the game prototypes that come with it are pretty cool. Brazen is my favorite of the bunch.

I have failed you, highres gaf
Looks pretty cool, almost like how I would imagine Titan Quest would look if played from 3rd person view.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I don't understand why people are trying to trade the games while the bundle is still going. Do they not realise the titles are essentially worthless until after the fact?

I gotta run Steam in offline mode if I wanna keep playing Far Cry 3 since the US version doesn't officially unlock until this Sunday.

Anyway, the game has one of the best intros this gen. Sets up the game nicely! The game runs smooth on my rig locked at 60fps (660ti/3570k).

Dizzy-4U

Did anyone else's Steam library start updating? I just had 39 games download updates.
Every time I switch to the beta or I get out of the beta half of my games start updating/checking. It's pretty shitty because sometimes steam says fuck it and start downloading the whole game again. I have 350 games installed so it's painful.

THQ Humble Bundle

Saints Row The Third
Darksiders
Metro 2033
Red Faction
Armageddon
Company of Heroes
Company of Heroes Opposing Fronts
Company of Heroes Tales of Valor

I tried paying with Amazon Payments but it got flagged for manual review. :/

I'm kinda worried now because I used a fake US billing address to buy stuff and I'm totally outside the US.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
This interests me. I was planning on getting Rayman Origins for PC, might get that from the bundle and gift the rest.
How does RO play with keyboard?

... Just so we're clear, there is no evidence of a Humble Ubisoft Bundle. Ubisoft has no reason to do such a thing, like THQ.

Grief.exe

Is the humble THQ bundle all individual keys? I have some of those games and wouldn't mind splitting the pack with someone.

I'm more worried about Last Light than anything.

What's gonna happen to that COH2 and Obsidian's South Park game?

THQ has some amazing games coming out. If they can stay afloat until then, we will have some great experiences and they should have sufficient cash flow to move forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom