• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 4 - winter seal is coming

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Oh shit please let this stay alive

A GAFer once mentioned that Viacom is funding the game, so if THQ does kick the bucket before development has finished, it'd quite easily find a new home. I don't know how true that is, though.

xJavonta

Banned
Just got Alien Hominid.

This game.

This game.
Haha I love it, I remember playing the flash version years ago.

A GAFer once mentioned that Viacom is funding the game, so if THQ does kick the bucket before development has finished, it'd quite easily find a new home. I don't know how true that is though.

I sure hope so. I really think the game has potential to be fantastic.

Remfin

It's not just South Park; if THQ goes under before then, it looks like you can pretty much guarantee Project Eternity would be dead too.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
It's not just South Park; if THQ goes under before then, it looks like you can pretty much guarantee Project Eternity would be dead too.

Why? It's self funded with its Kickstarter money. The team has been assembled. It's not like Obsidian is making it in their free time while working on "real" projects.

Bluth54

So my steam community, game hub, greenlight, etc just turned to Polish. How do I change this back to English?

Go to the steam menu in the upper left (first option), then settings (one up from the bottom option), then interface (it's the third tab). First thing on that page is language.

Sanjay

I tried paying with Amazon Payments but it got flagged for manual review. :/

I'm kinda worried now because I used a fake US billing address to buy stuff and I'm totally outside the US.

You don't have to do that, I just changed it to my real billing address and it went through.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Is VPN safe? Because i wanna unlock Saints Row The Third in germany from the Humble Indie Bundle

Technically, using a VPN at all is against the SSA, but there's nothing to suggest Valve has taken action against those who have used one for simply unlocking games before their belated local release dates or activating region-locked keys. Many GAFers, such as myself, have used a VPN a dozen times for these very reasons and our accounts are fine.

Edit: GamersGate finally updated its Dailies. No Steamworks titles, though.

Salsa

well shit for some reason I thought about checking what my most "popular" screenshot was, and this crappy screenshot I took of Dark Souls:

C62B70A9473E94D97874FEAEC857AF0CC3FC90DC

=

XsDqO.png

for comparison the one behind that has barely 66 visitors

bunch of pervs

Echoplx

Fucking Steam goes down right in the middle of a Chivalry match, think I'm still talking to my buddy on the mic but I'm actually talking to myself ;_;

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Steam always shits out at the worst times possibly, I swear. It's kind of impressive.

Anyone want to try and see whether a Binary Domain code works? It's probably used, so don't get your hopes up, but when I tried to put it in it said I already owned it, which I don't think I did, although that's certainly a possibility. So anyway, quote if you want to give it a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom