• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread 4 - winter seal is coming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
A dual core processor on a desktop computer in 2012? Yeah, that might be an issue in games that want something relatively modern in the processor department.

I have a 400 series nvidia card and I get way better performance than you. Way fucking better.

A dual core processor on a desktop computer in 2012? Yeah, that might be an issue in games that want something relatively modern in the processor department.

I have a 400 series nvidia card and I get way better performance than you. Way fucking better.

Well... time to upgrade (i dont have money for that)

xJavonta

Banned
1152x864 the highest my Monitor can do
What kind of monitor is this? I'm legitimately interested. Never seen a monitor with that as it's native resolution.

Well AMD Dual core 2,7 ghz(together 5500 or something), 8 gb ram and a geforce 570
2.7 GHz AMD Dual Core... An Athlon II X2? That's not really good for much these days.

Chivalry runs fine on my dual core proc. (i3 2100). Although that could be the hyper threading helping out I suppose.

Even though Chivalry uses UE3 it still performs rather poorly.

I'm figuring out what settings I can do without to hopefully guarantee 60 fps(it's an ugly MP-focused game anyway so not missing much).

EDIT: Also here's a code for Dawn of Fantasy (It's for Desura not Steam though) - 9JRSP-Y7GOU-96KQL-WPF5C-QKXPB

Chivalry is ugly?

Yes

didamangi

What kind of monitor is this? I'm legitimately interested. Never seen a monitor with that as it's native resolution.

2.7 GHz AMD Dual Core... An Athlon II X2? That's not really good for much these days.

Chivalry runs fine on my dual core proc. (i3 2100). Although that could be the hyper threading helping out I suppose.

If the name is 5500 something, it's probably an Athlon 64 CPU, that's one generation before the original Athlon X2 (not the new Athlon II X2)

If that's true, it's a pretty big bottleneck for your 570 man.

Used my 32" HD TV befor and its awesome. But for now i have to upgrade my mainboard(its damn old too)/Cpu and RAM(DDR2). So any tips what i should pick?

Yeah, I'd like to hear the argument for why it is ugly myself. It's definitely one of the better looking multiplayer-focused titles out right now, indie or not.

I initially thought that the menu backdrop was concept art.

Used my 32" HD TV befor and its awesome. But for now i have to upgrade my mainboard(its damn old too)/Cpu and RAM(DDR2). So any tips what i should pick?

If you're buying something super soon, get the Core i5 3570 with a z77 motherboard. If you're buying something next year, you may as well wait for Haswell to release.

1-D_FTW

Hyperthreading makes a difference in some games (ie It's the only way to run GTA IV without major hiccups in the framerate).

The sad truth of the matter is this: those i3's with hyperthreading will kick most quad core Athlons around the block.

What are you all going on about? The game's ugly.

It may as well be straight out of the middle ages because it looks like peasants rolling in shit.

Echoplx

What are you all going on about? The game's ugly.

It may as well be straight out of the middle ages because it looks like peasants rolling in shit.

Are you talking technically or artistically? It's pretty damn hard to make a game look bad on a technical level on UE these days so I'm not sure where you're coming from but if you mean artistically then maybe, but that's completely subjective and depends on your tastes.

jediyoshi

Picked up hell yeah from gmg and its dlc on steam.
Pretty inoffensive so far. Bit bummed the art itself looks so low res at 1080

Dambrosi

Banned

You're right, but you're being kind of a dick about it. I was this guy until about three months ago, then I upgraded to a Phenom II 940 quad core (yes, I know it's ancient too, but it's cool - night and day difference from my old Athlon 64 x2, which is what I wanted) for cheap off eBay. Thing is, money's too tight to mention, man, cut him some slack.

Anyway

I claimed my Magic 2013 Raptr Reward just now, but Steam says I already own it (...), so the first one to quote this post gets the Steam code in a PM. READYGOOOOOO

You're right, but you're being kind of a dick about it. I was this guy until about three months ago, money's too tight to mention, man, cut him some slack.

Anyway

I claimed my Magic 2013 Raptr Reward just now, but Steam says I already own it (...), so the first one to quote this post gets the Steam code in a PM. READYGOOOOOO

Can I have it please?

Joe Molotov

He was able to afford a 500 series nvidia card....

I'm a dick about everything.

Geforce GTX 570 w/Athlon 64 x2 is kinda
6qNQx.gif
. Maybe he means a Radeon 5700.

eh I kind of get it, his gpu was probably the weakest part of the system so he's thrown a 570 at it, added more ram etc. it's just that now he's reaching the point where it's new cpu/mobo or bust. my last system got to that point too, in the end I'd gone through about four gpu upgrades and taken the ram up to 8gb but I was getting to medium settings level by that stage so I decided to replace the lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom