• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread - Summer sales usually last week of June

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
IS IT TRUE???

IS THERE A SPRING SALE???

There was last year. It's smaller than the mid/end-of-year sales, though.

Edit: Or maybe I am thinking of the mid-year sale, haha. Yeah, Google didn't bring anything up other than people asking the same question last year. Curse you, brain.

IS IT TRUE???

THERE IS NO ANIMATED .GIF TO CONTAIN MY EMOTION.

austinwtfd8kak.gif

edgehohoooyah1fxm.gif

AlexBasch

If there is a spring sale I want to know about it right now before I spend this money I have set aside on something else.
Same, I wanted a new phone but knowing me I'll blow most of the budget on Steam. >_>

Time to start spamming up the wishlist then!

confused

Banned
IS IT TRUE???

I'm sure there wasn't anything special for easter last year. Doesn't neccessarily mean there won't be this year. they added halloween sales a few years back, they could add more throughout the year if they can get publisher support for it.

NBtoaster

Not sure how a sale would affect me, got most of what I want from previous years. Seems like the only holes in my library are Amalur, MW3 and AC:R, and the latter two would be far cheaper on a GMG sale here.

That's unless they have some achievement mini game to make me buy a ton of indie titles like last time that I'll never play again :S

MNC

Greeeaaat, someone randomly yells spring sale and the whole thread goes batshit insane.

Trine 2 is a beastly looker and runs fantastic to boot, lovely music and fun gameplay. This game DESERVES your money.

1-D_FTW

Bit on Gotham City Imposters and its fairly good. The gameplay is fun and is like a weird mix of COD, TF2 and Batman. Though the unlocking system is really terrible.

And the Australian scene isn't a graveyard like I feared.

That's the deal killer for me. I could possibly overlook peer-to-peer matchmaking through Live. Or the fact it had terrible lag during the beta. But if I'm going to potentially put up with that, it can't have the OCD unlocking foundation. I'm done with those games. Can't have a game be fun on it's own, I'm not interested.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Seems like Gotham City Imposters is region locked.

Anyway for some odd reason I am enjoying Nuclear Dawn a lot, but I don't want to touch Commander mode.

chixdiggit

Gotham City Imposters is a load of fun. I am absolutely in love with the whole theme of being a ragtag imposter of a hero. The unlock system might be a turn off for some but you level up pretty fast in this game and you can choose what you unlock. In a couple hours you can pretty much have your character set up how you want.

Remember how Gotham City Impostors launched for 15$ and had something like 33$ worth of DLC on day 1? The game was ridiculed because of that everywhere :p. Looking at it's Steam page now, it seems that all the DLC has been removed (or rather, it can't be purchased) save for 1 costume. Did they finally realize how dumb the idea was and make all the previous paid DLC free? Or did they just remove it from the game? It's strange to see a whole bunch of DLC just disappear from the Steam store.

Stitch

Gold Member
Remember how Gotham City Impostors launched for 15$ and had something like 33$ worth of DLC on day 1? The game was ridiculed because of that everywhere :p. Looking at it's Steam page now, it seems that all the DLC has been removed (or rather, it can't be purchased) save for 1 costume. Did they finally realize how dumb the idea was and make all the previous paid DLC free? Or did they just remove it from the game? It's strange to see a whole bunch of DLC just disappear from the Steam store.

Huh, there are still 9 DLC packs!?

JordanKZ

CS: Go was going awesome... Till they let all the retard griefers in. Seriously. I love games when people play and actually get on and have a laugh. The second they start being arseholes I'm out.

ShaneB

having no money to the rescue!

:'(

My saving grace use to be that I had a shitty laptop that couldn't run anything anyway, so I'd be safe and just buy indie games and older titles. But now I've got a decent laptop that can run newer games, so I'm terrified of an upcoming Steam Sale. lol

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
CS: Go was going awesome... Till they let all the retard griefers in. Seriously. I love games when people play and actually get on and have a laugh. The second they start being arseholes I'm out.

Oh wow, I didn't realize the most recent wave of invites was the griefer wave. Good to know.

Askani

Oh sweet! That's a great sale on Bulletstorm! Let me just get my walle...

"You already own Bulletstorm."

Mother fuck...I have to quit buying stuff. I don't even know what I have. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom