• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread - Summer sales usually last week of June

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gvaz

Banned
You all need to play Sniper Elite V2
sniperh9aq4.gif

I don't understand the DLC options for Mount and Blade.

I only have Warband. I was told that Warband is pretty much Mount and Blade, but with multiplayer.

I don't understand Fire & Sword. Is it another game? Does it replace Warband all together? Is it an extra menu option or a new game using the same engine?

What about Napoleon wars? Same deal?
I have, like, a 700 in-game days single player save on Warband and I don't want to start over (Even though it probably would be better if I did).

You are correct that Warband is the same thing as M&B, but with multiplayer. There's really no reason to pick up the original M&B unless you're interested in mods like the excellent The Last Days LOTR mod.

Fire & Sword is a standalone expansion that doesn't require Warband. It uses the same engine but it's a completely different game from Warband and is placed in a different setting (Eastern Europe in a later time period than Warband). You'll have to start a new game to play it but it won't affect your Warband game. The most notable difference is the addition of guns. I actually really enjoyed the campaign, but it's not nearly as good as Warband.

Napoleon wars looks like it's a multiplayer only addon that requires Warband. It won't affect your single player game at all.

I don't understand the DLC options for Mount and Blade.

I only have Warband. I was told that Warband is pretty much Mount and Blade, but with multiplayer.

I don't understand Fire & Sword. Is it another game? Does it replace Warband all together? Is it an extra menu option or a new game using the same engine?

What about Napoleon wars? Same deal?
I have, like, a 700 in-game days single player save on Warband and I don't want to start over (Even though it probably would be better if I did).

Fire & Sword is a standalone game set in a completely different time period to Warband. The games primary feature is the addition of fire-arms to the series; some prefer it, others argue they take away from the strategic element. It doesn't replace Warband nor is it superior - it's a new game utilizing an improved version of the engine [better graphics, larger maps].

The Napoleonic DLC appears to be multiplayer DLC specifically for Warband. I assume it's an additional menu option within Warband.

Derrick01

Banned
You all need to play Sniper Elite V2
sniperh9aq4.gif

I haven't seen a single gif completely sell me on a game since that Just Cause 2 one where he shoots the gas can, hooks on to it and flies away.

Is it multiplayer only or is there a meaty campaign? I despise multiplayer sniping so that's why I ask.

HOLY SHIT Noitu Love 2 is getting released!

I remember the guy who made it going through a really hard and depressing time, struggling to get his game on Steam. I'm glad he made it and I hope he gets the money and motivation to keep on making games :)

Edit: I'll make a small contest when it's released and buy it for a GAFfer, stay tuned!

Gvaz

Banned
I haven't seen a single gif completely sell me on a game since that Just Cause 2 one where he shoots the gas can, hooks on to it and flies away.

Is it multiplayer only or is there a meaty campaign? I despise multiplayer sniping so that's why I ask.
campaign is pretty short? A dozen missions it looks like.

Goody

Believe it was already outed in the registry, but Noitu Love 2 confirmed for Steam on the 23rd

http://i.imgur.com/nK03t.jpg[img][/QUOTE]

Day 1. Let me give you my money. Etc. Etc.

Very happy to see Konjak on Steam. His spritework is amazing stuff and I can't wait for The Iconoclasts.

ArjanN

The campaign is the first game was pretty decent length. Then again it was also pretty balls hard on the highest difficulty so that helped.

This one also has seperate co-op missions.

Derrick01

Banned

Yeah it seems like it'll be short, maybe 10 hours depending on mission length but since it seems like you can't stealth melee kill and the levels are apparently linear then maybe that's for the best. It'll go well with a $10-$20 steam sale.

i'm getting this when i try to login to steam: "steam is having trouble connecting to the steam servers"

what the fuck is going on? i don't see anyone complaining. i was playing just fine yesterday. what can i do about this?

Derrick01

Banned
you can do stealth kills. I broke some guys neck in the demo.

Alright well I'm just going to disregard that demo thread then because it seems to be full of BS :lol

I'm glad to hear that though. I'm trying to download the demo now but steam doesn't want to cooperate.

Blizzard

Banned
i'm getting this when i try to login to steam: "steam is having trouble connecting to the steam servers"

what the fuck is going on? i don't see anyone complaining. i was playing just fine yesterday. what can i do about this?
People have been complaining in this very thread for the last page or two. :p Are you from Germany by any chance? That region seemed to be having problems.

Goody

This was posted over at Konjak's blog.

They say four years wait is the perfect wait! But now it's finally happening and Noitu Love 2 is appearing on Steam this Monday! It will debut at 20% off, meaning $4 or €4 (in most of Europe). Tell your friends and yourself!

Hopefully this is a good thing for me, as any boost will help. In lieu of me running any equivalent to a Kickstarter, please also see this as a way to support me finishing games like Iconoclasts, every nugget helps!

Now, it will still be the Noitu Love 2 you've known before, with some more or less invisible fixes and changes. Due to the nature of the program the game was made in I can unfortunately not support fun stuff like achievements or leaderboards (or the overlay), which is a shame. Just REALLY try to imagine you're playing this game in the '90s. With the Mario Paint mouse.

Thanks again for all your support over the years! I hope to keep bringing you the best games I can make in the future, with your support! Now please do enjoy some Noitu Love 2 come Monday, now through the comfort of Steam!

Buy this game, folks!

deleted

Steam is back up for me. Seems they found the issue:

Update 4/19/2012 12:00 PDT (GMT-0700): This issue has been resolved. We had a configuration issue which was affecting certain clients when connecting from Germany. We apologize for the inconvenience.

EdgecrusherLSU

Neo Member
I saw someone post in this thread about an update for Mount and Blade Warband allowing 200 players and I thought that sounded cool.

So I went to youtube and looked up videos of the game's multiplayer and thought it looked pretty fun but I keep spending money on these games and not playing them much so I told myself I would hold off until the next time it was on sale....damn you valve.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom