• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread - Summer sales usually last week of June

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you know anyone in Russia Street Fighter x Tekken is $12 there.

I know someone and couldn't pass that up.

The Sniper Elite 2 demo is finally downloading also, it's been a pretty good day.

Sysgen

Haven't seen it posted yet. There's a new Steam update.

- Comment Notifications - the inbox icon in the upper-right corner of the Steam client will now notify you when someone has posted a comment on one of your Steam Community items, or when someone else replies to an item you recently commented on. Currently profile, screenshots, videos, recommendations, and workshop items are supported.
- Added initial support for the Community Overlay in Mac games hosted by Wine. Currently validated with The Witcher
- Added support for new retail install disc type
- Added games update error reporting to improve download stability
- Added code to regenerate protected binaries that are approaching expiration when a game is launched.
- Improved http client end of stream handling to fix an intermittent bug with small recvs on Mac OSX.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
Haven't seen it posted yet. There's a new Steam update.

- Comment Notifications - the inbox icon in the upper-right corner of the Steam client will now notify you when someone has posted a comment on one of your Steam Community items, or when someone else replies to an item you recently commented on. Currently profile, screenshots, videos, recommendations, and workshop items are supported.
- Added initial support for the Community Overlay in Mac games hosted by Wine. Currently validated with The Witcher
- Added support for new retail install disc type
- Added games update error reporting to improve download stability
- Added code to regenerate protected binaries that are approaching expiration when a game is launched.
- Improved http client end of stream handling to fix an intermittent bug with small recvs on Mac OSX.

Very nice.

Gvaz

Banned
It's like kung-fu Metal Slug
gal_Glasgow_big_snore.jpg

Birthday post!

Well I was going to pick up Mount and Blade because of all the talk on the thread recently but instead I wanted to give something back to Steam-GAF for my birthday.

I am giving a copy of Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP away on steamgifts. Its not much but I hope whoever wins will like it as much as I do.

Oh and quote to get link. GAF only and what not. Goes for another 4 hours.

Also big thanks to SteveWinwwod for the IndieRoyale present. Much appreciated!

Birthday post!

Well I was going to pick up Mount and Blade because of all the talk on the thread recently but instead I wanted to give something back to Steam-GAF for my birthday.

I am giving a copy of Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP away on steamgifts. Its not much but I hope whoever wins will like it as much as I do.

Very cool, thanks for the giveaway man. Happy birthday.

Birthday post!

Cool! My bday was 3 days ago

Birthday post!

Entered and Happy Birthday!

Birthday post!

Entered and Happy Birthday!

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Birthday post!

Happy birthday long lost friend! :)

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Birthday post!

Happy birthday.

Birthday post!

Happy birthday!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pD1G_ILOvcc

Birthday post!

Entered, thanks for the giveaway! And Happy Birthday!

Birthday post!

thanks dude, happy birthday

louiedog

Birthday post!

Thanks and happy birthday!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUxnBs86iUA

kswiston

So I finally decided to retire my HD 4870 after 3 years. No DX11, plus AMD issues in some recent releases convinced me that it was time to move on. I now have a new GTX 560 TI. Not the best card out there, but my budget was $200.

What games do you guys recommend testing to best highlight the difference between a 2008 card and a 2011 card?

Happy Birthday xeno_flux!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVLzZLn817Y

So I finally decided to retire my HD 4870 after 3 years. No DX11, plus AMD issues in some recent releases convinced me that it was time to move on. I now have a new GTX 560 TI. Not the best card out there, but my budget was $200.

What games do you guys recommend testing to best highlight the difference between a 2008 card and a 2011 card?

What resolution is your monitor? One of the only benefits of having a low rez monitor like mine (1440x900) is that I can max every game with my 560ti : ) That includes BF3 on all ultra with 2xAA and maximum post AA and Crysis 2 all ultra with medium AA and MaldosHD texture pack. It's a better card than you think.

jet1911

I have a GTX 560 and I can max almost all the games recently released. Try the more graphically intensive ones like BF3 or Witcher 2 or Crysis 2. If you're into racing games you can try NFS:Hot Pursuit

I am running 2 GTX560s and can run all my games at max settings just fine.

What resolution is your monitor? One of the only benefits of having a low rez monitor like mine (1440x900) is that I can max every game with my 560ti : ) That includes BF3 on all ultra with 2xAA and maximum post AA and Crysis 2 all ultra with medium AA and MaldosHD texture pack. It's a better card than you think.

Haha Yeah that is my monitor resolution as well. Its nice that way.

Edit: Damn double post...

robbed

Neo Member
Birthday post!

Happy Birthday and Thanks!

kswiston

Thanks for the suggestions. I already have the Witcher 2, so maybe I will try that out. The fact that it just updated to the Enhanced Edition is a nice bonus.

My PC is hooked up to a 1440x900 monitor, and a 720P 37" TV. I do most of my gaming on the TV set, which has allowed me to get decent framerates out of my 4870 in most titles. However, the 4870 was showing its age. Aside from not being able to play in DX11, I had to run everything with little or no AA.

Relax.MX

Birthday post!

Feliz Cumpleaños!! the best for you in this year :)

Gvaz

Banned
Happy Birthday xeno_flux!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVLzZLn817Y

Sure it's a good card if you're playing at such a low resolution. So is my 4890 :\

wilflare

Birthday post!

happy birthday xenoflux :D hehe one of the best guys around!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom