• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread - Summer sales usually last week of June

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sniper Elite V2 is actually a lot of fun but holy shit modern shooters hard have wired me to play this horribly. I'm not paying attention to my surroundings and just stomping right in to situations I could avoid if I was a little more patient and observant.

Those kills cams when you pull off a good shot are pretty satisfying to witness.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
So I had just a massive update (4GB) from Nuclear Dawn. Any idea what it is? It's not showing in my product update page.

CoolS

Question: I want Max Payne 1&2, but 1 isn't on the german shop at all and for two there is only the german version. Now I saw that if you buy Max Payne 3 you gett 1 &2 for free.

So if I ask someone in the gifting thread to gift me Max Payne 3, will I also get 1&2 with it? Because that would be a nice deal.

Wok

So I had just a massive update (4GB) from Nuclear Dawn. Any idea what it is? It's not showing in my product update page.

The whole game is 4.6 GB. I uninstalled it for the sole reason of these massive updates.

I was about to do as well with Dungeon Defenders, but the devs calmed down with the huge updates: 0.6 GB is the norm now.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
The whole game is 4.6 GB. I uninstalled it for the sole reason of these massive updates.

I was about to do as well with Dungeon Defenders, but the devs calmed down with the huge updates: 0.6 GB is the norm now.

Nah, ND wasn't this bad before. Weird.

louiedog

Dungeon Defenders was rough. I think that I've probably downloaded about 40 GB in the last few months for that 3 GB game. Eventually I was only playing it about once a week and I'd turn off updating for it until about an hour before I wanted to play.

Zimbardo

gamersgate has some stuff that might be of interest on sale ...
http://www.gamersgate.com/offers
Deus Ex: Human Revolution $7.49
Deus Ex: Human Revolution ™ The Missing Link = $3.75
Just Cause 2 = $3.74
Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light = $3.74

those activate on Steam ...might be some other stuff on there of interest too.

and just a little heads up to anyone who bought the latest 'bemine' bundle ...u now have free DLC added for Beat Hazard (upgrades to Ultra), The Baconing, and Madballs ...

http://groupees.com/bemine2

Tecmo was added to the Steam registry. I'm guessing this might have to do with Romance of the Three Kingdoms 12, since that's going to be released on the PC soon.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Is the Monkey Island Special Bundle the original classic adventure game? How does Tales of Monkey Island by Telltale Games fit into it?

The Bundle is the first and second Monkey Island games, remade with new graphics and music. You can seamlessly switch back to the original graphics and music at any time.

The Tales games are their own thing and not included in this bundle.

The Bundle is the first and second Monkey Island games, remade with new graphics and music. You can seamlessly switch back to the original graphics and music at any time.

The Tales games are their own thing and not included in this bundle.

Got it, thanks. I might pick up the bundle then, I've never played them before and I know they're classics for the genre.

zkylon

zkylewd
Hmm is Mount and Blade good?
Warband is one of my favorites of recent years. The melee combat is second to none and there's almost an infinite amount of stuff to do in singleplayer: you can be a petty bandit with no allegiance, help a king conquer the whole continent, assist a dethroned king regain his crown, build your own rebel empire with a band of mercenaries and nobles, siege castles with 200+ soldiers, woo noble ladies into elopement, fight in tournaments, capture kings and hold them for ransom, invest in cities, etc.

A lot of people are turned off by the incredibly dated graphics, but I think they make the game all the more campy, which works well with the rough and simple translation and make the emergent-gameplay situations all the more ridiculous. I once married one of my female characters to the only willing noble in my realm (apparently my character was ugly as fuck or something), who looked like Fred Flintstone or something. A few months later, Fred decides to betray our king and joins the enemy forces and of course he choses to come raid my villages and just murder his bride. I ended up kicking his ass, capturing him and selling him to his own new kingdom. All the while we were still married. I couldn't even get a divorce on him since I couldn't bring up the dialogue menu, since now we were sworn enemies.

At $7.50, the collection is a good deal, but you should have enough to last a lastime with Warband.

vitaminwateryum

corporate swill
It's a bit janky but I love it, the best melee combat system in gaming bar none. Worth $7.50 I'd say. Start with Warband. The Napoleon DLC is also great, drastically different gameplay but 200 player line battles are epic.

The best bits to me so far have been riding around on horseback as Napoleon, shouting out "VIVA LA FRANCE!" and stabbing dudes as I ride by. That and the graphics seem slightly improved or something.

So what sort of game is Mount and Blade like? TES?

The game doesnt have a story, its more of a sandbox game set in medieval times and the main mechanics are devolpment of your character, mantaining an army and fightin battles.

You can be of any background and there are tons of skills you can invest in. One handed, two handed, archery, horseback, shields etc for combat skills. Outside of combat you have skills like tracking war parties on the world map, or looting skills, medical skillsto prevent your troops from dying in battle , trading skills. Plusyou can buy weapons, armour andhorses to outfit your character as you see fit.

You can visit towns and hire peasants for your army. You can upgrade them after some battle exp and you can compose an army as varied as you want. Viking infantry, crossbow archers, steppe horse archers and heavy cavalry for example. You can use your army in battles, first against small parties of bandits and later you could sieges the castles of enemy factions.

There is not really a clear goal. First order of business should be creating an army so thatyou wont get harassed by every bandit you see. Youcan perform quests for thenobles, become vassal to a king, fight for him and keep some of the spoils if the king likes you. Or you can become a bandit, attacking convoy and looting peasants. Or start your own faction.

nexen

I grew up on Sierra games. Specifically Space Quest (which is getting kickstarted!) and I love Monkey Island. Definitely a must play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom