• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread - Summer sales usually last week of June

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volcynika

Racoon City on Steam.

CAPCOM usually does good ports. I just don't know if the game is worth it.

The worst thing is that regardless if the game was good or not (it's not from pretty much everyone's reactions I've seen), the game would've been perfect to offer a 4-pack deal on, but Capcom's gonna be Capcom.

The worst thing is that regardless if the game was good or not (it's not from pretty much everyone's reactions I've seen), the game would've been perfect to offer a 4-pack deal on, but Capcom's gonna be Capcom.

Not only that, but GFWL too. Why they insist on using that steaming pile of crapware I'll never understand. I've been somewhat interested in it even with all the negativity, but that just makes it easy for me to not buy it.

Been playing Blades of Time and I have to say, I've been enjoying it. It's a dumb action game but it does have some pretty interesting concepts. The time-rewind mechanic is a bit wonky but it's interesting and works well enough.

Some of the extra powers that can be acquired by Ayumi are also pretty cool, such as the Shadow Ayumi that appears to help and fight when her health drops very low. When I bought the game I was kinda expecting it to be crap, but IMO it's an alright game with some interesting stuff. I like it.

And now the question is, should I buy Binary Domain? I'm interested in it, but with all their pre-release shenanigans I was kinda put off. Are the story and setting interesting?

DR2's engine is great.

Not saying otherwise as I haven't played it. Just the bemoaning the fact that Capcom doesn't want to share with their western partners (or even subsidiaries? wasn't Blue Castle bought and renamed?). I guess it would be too much of an investment to translate everything to English.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Not saying otherwise as I haven't played it. Just the bemoaning the fact that Capcom doesn't want to share with their western partners (or even subsidiaries? wasn't Blue Castle bought and renamed?). I guess it would be too much of an investment to translate everything to English.

If they choose competent Western devs then the engine doesn't matter.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
From what I experienced last free weekend this isn't true at all. I started playing as a level 1 character in deathmatch and was regularly defeating players who were the highest level and had prestiged. I even got complimented over the microphone by some guy because I was killing everybody with the default weapons. I'm not a good FPS player by any means, but the games skill ceiling appeared to be extremely low compared to something like Tribes or Counter-Strike.
wegotabadassoverhere.jpg

j/k :p This reminds me of the old Unreal Tournament days (my prime) when I'd interrupt clan games to school everyone because randoms were boring. The only time I remember being challenged around then was when I came across a single very talented person, which was refreshing for both of us, so we decided to do a 1-on-1. He was kicking my ass as the start, but after 3 games I had his beat and was getting a leg up on him and we ended up playing 3 hours. I looked up the tag on his name later and it was like the #3 clan in the world. @___@

Anyway, the point is that public players suck ass. You won't get good by crushing scrubs all day. People only get better if they consistently go against experienced players and challenge themselves to do better.

daxy

As far as I know every serial key for EA's games (except some older ones) can be used to register the game on Origin. It would be strange for GG not to give you a serial key.

Edit: A guy on the Cheapassgamer forums said it can be redeemed on Origin, if you can trust that.

louiedog

Anyone playing Super Monday Night Combat? Giant Bomb is playing tonight for Thursday Night Throwdown and Uber released a free limited release Luchadeer uniform and taunt to celebrate. Get it here. The key is redeemed in game, not in the Steam client.

Phinor

Did we have a better thread for arranging 4-packs? In any case, I'm also looking to join a US based Torchlight 2 4-pack.

Also Warlock: The Master of the Arcane (http://store.steampowered.com/app/203630/) was added late yesterday. According to Gamersgate it's Steamworks so you can probably find it cheaper outside of Steam. It's released in less than two weeks which is rather nice, something to play before Diablo 3.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I can't find a good matchup in Asian region in SMNC.

Also question: is Binary Domain Steamworks? Does that mean retail versions (once it comes out) will be Steam-activated?

Also question: is Binary Domain Steamworks? Does that mean retail versions (once it comes out) will be Steam-activated?

Yes to both.

Don't bother with SMNC from Asia.. if you really want to play, try Europe. Although last time I checked, there were only something like 350 people online worldwide. The game seems to be more or less dead.

gabbo

How's Blood Bowl? It's 75% off on Gamersgate. Been waiting for a Steam sale on this one.

Also would like to know this. Haven't played since the original beta and I've been waiting for Legendary Edition to drop in price for a while, despite the Securom.

As far as I know every serial key for EA's games (except some older ones) can be used to register the game on Origin. It would be strange for GG not to give you a serial key.

Edit: A guy on the Cheapassgamer forums said it can be redeemed on Origin, if you can trust that.

Ah yeah, I remember the first part. Thank you.

Echoplx

Evochron Mercenary is awesome fun, been playing mp with a few friends and it's been great, not sure if I would enjoy SP as much though.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
I didn't like it as much as the second because the mouse controls are pretty awful.

Mouse controls are fine if you use triple buffering via something like D3DOverrider which honestly every single PC gamer everywhere should have installed.

HoosTrax

Looks like an F1 team manager game has been added...

I wish someone would make one of those types of games for a sport I actually care about, i.e. not soccer, rugby, cricket, Formula 1 racing, or cycling.

I demand an NHL team manager! Hell, I'd even settle for one based on minor league hockey like ECHL.

daxy

Mouse controls are fine if you use triple buffering via something like D3DOverrider which honestly every single PC gamer everywhere should have installed.

Did not know! I disabled vsync because that's what was causing aiming it to be even more sluggish, didn't think triple buffering would help. Thanks. Might actually finish it now.

Did they improve in the 2nd? Controller supported?

According to its Steam forum both games have native controller support (and 360 pad button icons). I haven't tried it myself. There do seem to be people experiencing issues and its store page doesn't say that it works with a controller which is a bit odd.

I wish someone would make one of those types of games for a sport I actually care about, i.e. not soccer, rugby, cricket, or Formula 1 racing.

I demand an NHL team manager!

What's the F1 team manager game called?

Also, Torchlight 2 is so gonna be mine. Diablo what?

I wish someone would make one of those types of games for a sport I actually care about, i.e. not soccer, rugby, cricket, Formula 1 racing, or cycling.

I demand an NHL team manager!

I want Game Dev Story 2 on Steam...

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
According to its Steam forum both games have native controller support. At least for the 360 pad. I haven't tried it myself. There do seem to be people experiencing issues and its store page doesn't say that it works with a controller which is a bit odd.

Both games perfectly support the wired 360 pad. The button prompts change and their is vibration.

The dude complaining before was using motionjoy because he wasn't wise enough to just buy a wired 360 pad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom