• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread - Summer sales usually last week of June

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uriah

I play it on a nightly basis with 3-5 of my friends on Mumble. It's quite fun. I would never make the mistake of playing it alone.

Also, there is no way you can adjust to the game in just a weekend unless you have someone coaching you.

From what I experienced last free weekend this isn't true at all. I started playing as a level 1 character in deathmatch and was regularly defeating players who were the highest level and had prestiged. I even got complimented over the microphone by some guy because I was killing everybody with the default weapons. I'm not a good FPS player by any means, but the games skill ceiling appeared to be extremely low compared to something like Tribes or Counter-Strike.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
From what I experienced last free weekend this isn't true at all. I started playing as a level 1 character in deathmatch and was regularly defeating players who were the highest level and had prestiged. I even got complimented over the microphone by some guy because I was killing everybody with the default weapons. I'm not a good FPS player by any means, but the games skill ceiling appeared to be extremely low compared to something like Tribes or Counter-Strike.

Someones level has absolutely nothing to do with their skill.

I play it on a nightly basis with 3-5 of my friends on Mumble. It's quite fun. I would never make the mistake of playing it alone.

Also, there is no way you can adjust to the game in just a weekend unless you have someone coaching you.

coaching in what? the unwritten rules of the community because the developer couldn't be arsed to make sure people play according to a certain design aka their job?

evolution of patterns is one thing, designing a game around what is basically a ridiculous premise: "you suck because you're new" is not acceptable to me. Also: the other people were too busy calling each other fags and things much worse that I didn't care to remember.
maybe I just lucked out and entered servers with prestiges only or glitched or whatever, but I tried long enough to ensure it wasn't me just playing very badly.
I had no issue whatsoever with BLOPS, MW2, or any other CoD.

At least MW2 gave you a sniper at the start, if I recall correctly. MW1 did, as far as I know. but then MW1 was actually still fun to play.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Pre-Purchase Now - Torchlight II, receive Torchlight for free!
Announcement - Valve 16:21
Torchlight II is now available to pre-purchase on Steam! Act now and the original Torchlight to play right now!

The award-winning action RPG is back, bigger and better than ever! Torchlight II takes you back into the quirky, fast-paced world of bloodthirsty monsters, bountiful treasures, and sinister secrets - and, once again, the fate of the world is in your hands!

$20

BOUGHT
DONE AND DONE

mannerbot

So I've noticed an influx of Street Fighter X Tekken as of late in trading forums. These are likely Russian copies, as apparently the game is ~$12.50 USD there. Are there any possible issues in using an RU edition in NA?

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
evolution of patterns is one thing, designing a game around what is basically a ridiculous premise: "you suck because you're new" is not acceptable to me.
That isn't the case, but you obviously have made up your mind and seem to have no interest in actually playing the game with a coordinated party.

eh, idk, id feel compelled to get the rest after i played a chapter, ha.

There's plenty of gameplay out there, and since the game's basically a novel-like adventure game, you can pretty much get the idea.
Yeah, I know. I'm a fan of some of Telltale's stuff so I know what to expect.

It'd be nice if there was a demo for people who were undecided though.

Aselith

eh, idk, id feel compelled to get the rest after i played a chapter, ha.

There's plenty of gameplay out there, and since the game's basically a novel-like adventure game, you can pretty much get the idea.

Or he could play the first chapter and decide? Like it was a demo.

Sarcasm

I am hosting a pack TL2.

1. Me
2. DyslexicAlucar
3. JaseC
4. LastWindow

I do live in Taiwan, right now its 1:05 PM and heading to work. I get off at 5:40. But all my purchases are North America account.

****Filled Up

Just add MonthOLDpickle on steam. Contact me there, I will be on mobile though. Work things later. I have to go to work.

ShaneB

So glad to finally see a TL2 pre-order page. That trailer alleviates a minor nitpick I was fearing with after playing D3. The audio in TL2 sounds terrific, and brutal, the thrill in D3 is when things die, it sounds brutal, and crushing, very much impact driven, that TL2 trailer has wonderful audio too. I'm happy!

I am hosting a pack TL2.

1. Me
2. DyslexicAlucar
3. Lingitiz
4. LastWindow

I do live in Taiwan, right now its 1:05 PM and heading to work. I get off at 5:40. But all my purchases are North America account.

****Filled Up

Just add MonthOLDpickle on steam. Contact me there, I will be on mobile though. Work things later. I have to go to work.

I went to add you and you were already there. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom