• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread - Summer sales usually last week of June

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cant wait to see the deals on Raccoon City in the next 3 or 4 summer sales, 5% and 10% discounts, capcom style.

Lol

You can always bet on Capcom doing the exact opposite of what the gamers want. I just wish that they would discontinue their PC development alltogether, so that they can focus on being a PR fiasco on the consoles, and we can put another nail in the GfWL coffin.

Nabs

I still can't believe they're trying to charge $50 for SFxT and then another $20 in a few months. It's going to be a ghost town online.

HoosTrax

Yes its giftable.
Good to hear -- out of all of the games on Steam, I think Torchlight has the distinction of being the most owned non-Valve, non-F2P game by the people on my friends list. I'd almost be hard pressed to find someone who doesn't own it to pawn it off on them.

Volcynika

Earlier today the Hard Reset Facebook had this posted

Hard Reset: Exile - available on Steam soon!

542897_277137519046852_113366642090608_598055_567125179_n.jpg

Salsa

I still need to finish the original (even before the update with more stuff)

i started playing it on the hardest difficulty and.. it got pretty damn hard.

HoosTrax

Hard Reset, to not be mean - is only four hours long. I think you can spare a playthrough and go through it again.
And thus we have Hard Reset: Exile, where the extended edition content (several additional hours of gameplay) is free to those who bought the original.

Hawk SE

Oh I know. I'm just saying it would be almost neat to playthrough it for the first time, and go back and see what's been added, changed, etc.

MRORANGE

Don't download MW3 Multi-player, here are some reasons:

- hacks/glitches which can be used in MW2 were easily transported and used in MW3
- maps are still small, so any sniper classes are useless
- still has the stupid respawn system of putting the last person your killed behind you
- Infinity ward think it's funny to give you a juggernaut suite as a kill streak
- FOV is locked, BLOPS you can can change it
- dropped 360 pad support which BLOPS had, there very inconsistent in this
- the dedicated servers were tacked not being able to support classes or levelling up

Honestly just get BLOPS or COD4

I'm disappoint.

Game was running like a slideshow on my ancient 4850 ;-;

zkylon

zkylewd
Don't download MW3 Multi-player, here are some reasons:

- hacks/glitches which can be used in MW2 were easily transported and used in MW3
- maps are still small, so any sniper classes are useless
- still has the stupid respawn system of putting the last person your killed behind you
- Infinity ward think it's funny to give you a juggernaut suite as a kill streak
- FOV is locked, BLOPS you can can change it
- dropped 360 pad support which BLOPS had, there very inconsistent in this
- the dedicated servers were tacked not being able to support classes or levelling up

Honestly just get BLOPS or COD4
How active is BLOPS? I only play the CoD games on free weekends lately and BLOPS was pretty great.

edit: oh wait it's still 60 bucks+DLC. Fuck you activision

My Steam window looks like this. No, it's not compression. It's been Zalgo-fied. How do I fix it?

b7pb8.jpg

Also, is there any way to buy only episode 1 of TWD on Steam? I don't want to pay $25.

daxy

Anyone else pick up Lone Survivor? Played it for a bit and so far I am very happy with my purchase. The art style took some adjusting to, but it works for the game. If any of you have played Silent Mountain II (that Silent Hill 2 demake) this was made by the same guy, Jasper Byrne.

I didn't think that a 2D game like this would be able to convey a sense of fear or tension well because it doesn't 'look' that scary but the sound design, atmosphere and general eeriness of the setting has made it a remarkably tense experience. The story is pretty compelling too and its soundtrack is excellent. I was surprised to find out he made that himself. This guy!
Anyway, looking forward to playing more.

Didn't notice Torchlight II was on Steam! I'll pick that up closer to its launch. Really liked the first but was a bit put off by the lack of variety in the environments. Maybe I didn't play enough? In any case, the second looks like it improved on that so I'm glad.

Baha

Lone Survivor is pretty neat but I hope the dev does patch in a proper windowed mode. Editing the .xml file works but you get that fixed borderless windowed mode that stays in the top left side of the screen.

Modern Warfare 3 is free to play this weekend:

The 'Free Weekend' promo kicks off tomorrow, April 26, at 10am Pacific (6pm UK), and will let you play the entire multiplayer portion of the game to your heart's content.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/345193/steam-play-modern-warfare-3-for-free-this-weekend/

"played" it last time. Choose first class ump runner (like MW2, yeeehaw), run out to next cover, get sniped. re-select class: assault, ump runner, some other gun. No sniper, no rocket, nothing. Next class unlocks at rank 4...

restart with assault: don't see anyone, guy you cannot see snipes you. Restart, UAV active, look at trackers, know there is someone around the corner, guy kills you without you even seeing him.

this goes on for a while, end match with 0-15, get rank 2 (some random assist or something).
next match, same story, no new rank. 0-12. Ah, this might somewhere!
next match, ah, finally someone else with assault.. hiding in a corner from he camp kills me as I come around the corner. 0-20. euh...
next match. Finally, rank 4, sniper class unlocked. Picks sniper, takes a few steps, sniped yourself from across the map. Same story continues.
See some RF vehicle approaching. Shoot it. Shoot it again. Blows up and kills you.
see some robot approaching, shoot with a rocket. It lives to kill you. Random air killstreak on the map: nobody kills it, your 'team' gets wasted. Some teammembers even make a point out of using rockets...on you. No punishment.

Yeah, I uninstalled this MW3 bullshit ASAP.

I do not talk big or anything, but I am an experienced FPS player (my ping is awesome) and was well adjusted in BLOPS and MW2 after a little while. Anyone who claims they play MW3 for fun must be lying or batshit insane.
I honestly have no idea why anyone would want to play this. At all.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Anyone who claims they play MW3 for fun must be lying or batshit insane.
I honestly have no idea why anyone would want to play this. At all.

I play it on a nightly basis with 3-5 of my friends on Mumble. It's quite fun. I would never make the mistake of playing it alone.

Also, there is no way you can adjust to the game in just a weekend unless you have someone coaching you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom