• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread - Summer sales usually last week of June

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heads up, one of the guys of Wadjet Eye was working on the achievement system of Gemini Rue today and apparently it's working now.

I won't be able to play it until tomorrow so i can't confirm it.

Jomjom

Banned
It deletes some things necessary for first time boot, afterwards which just sit around.

So if you just select all, make sure you have launched said games at least once, otherwise you won't be able to play said game until after another validation (which itself creates these files).

The files themselves are in that posted config above a couple of posts.

Awesome, thanks for the info.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
I found a program the other night that cleans the crap from your steam game installtions (redist, temp files, etc.). I'm pretty sure I got the link from GAF, it was hosted on google code, but I can't find it anywhere on the internet!

I think it was something like, SteamCleaner, or SteamCondenser (or SteamKondensor).

Edit: Found it! TikiOne-Steam-Cleaner http://steamcleaner.tikione.fr/en/

Holy crap, I just deleted 10GB thanks to this app. Thanks for that.

Dingotech

There is a survey about the HIB bundles and store by Frozenbyte, with a lottery for Trine 2. It is really easy and fast to fill out.

Cheers filled it out.

Also just saved myself 6GB with that cleaner program, thanks!

Ended up watching the WTF is Warp video last night on youtube and convinced myself that the EA indie bundle was worth the $20, who knows when I'll actually play the games...

It's out in Germany now I think... There must be a couple reviews you could Google Translate.

Good idea.

Found a few german reviews. The translation is always so wonky from german.

It seems to be reviewing in the low to mid 80's, so pretty average I guess. Probably wait for some english critic reviews, and user reviews before taking the plunge.

Hellix

I found a program the other night that cleans the crap from your steam game installtions (redist, temp files, etc.). I'm pretty sure I got the link from GAF, it was hosted on google code, but I can't find it anywhere on the internet!

I think it was something like, SteamCleaner, or SteamCondenser (or SteamKondensor).

Edit: Found it! TikiOne-Steam-Cleaner http://steamcleaner.tikione.fr/en/

Good stuff. I saved 9788.94 MB

MasLegio

Banned
There is a survey about the HIB bundles and store by Frozenbyte, with a lottery for Trine 2. It is really easy and fast to fill out.

Metascore question is a bit rubbish.

8. Do you check Metascores before you purchase video games?
yes
no

9. Do Metascores affect whether or not you buy a game?
yes
no

I cannot give a correct answer.
I rarely check metascore but it happens.

also this is sloppy and will make the data for question 10 useless

6. Answer these questions about your willingness to buy the example bundle of games: 1 = Strongly disagree, 7 = Strongly agree

10. Answer these questions about this Humble storefront: 1 = Totally agree, 7 = Totally Disagree

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I'm one of those rebels who keeps all their redist files since they have a 2tb drive for Steam and on top of that I let Steam download every Dungeon Defenders patch- no bitching.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Wait, after downloading a little bit it froze, so I paused it and resumed and it said it was done. WTF Steam.

Anyway, Halo: Monster Hunter Edition is out and 4 pack makes it $6.75. I wouldn't be able to host till monday but I could join if someone else will host.

schnarf

DrPirate

Banned
It's becoming self aware. It needs that 15GB data to achieve its destruction of mankind.

This.

What the fuck Valve? Some of us have bandwidth caps.

They should let us cap what gets automatically downloaded. Over 5 gigs for an update, and we should have the option to not have it be automatic.

Adnor

Banned
Ugh, I think I did something stupid, I bought Batman Arkham City and decided to connect my GFWL account (I always used it offline), now I can't use my saved game, because it created a new profile, and my old profile disapeared. :/
And for some reason, now it doesn't load beyond the first logo, so I'm validating the game's cache.
Well, at least it was just 4 hours...

MRORANGE

So I got a message from Train Simulator about a "spring sale" of there games.

May 7-11th if I recall

Late Steam season sale?

MRORANGE

It depends on the "DOTA" court case; if valve win's it might sour the relationship between Valve and Acti-Blizz.

Although Steam did the same for MW3 and put steamwork features when the game was nearing launch.

Dice

I just realized that since you can use paypal to pay for Steam games, anyone can host so long as others paypal them first.

Overall the game has Halo vibe in style but with a touch of Tribes due to the jetpacks and classes. And while the dinosaurs make you think Monster Hunter, the way you fight seems more like Killing Floor.

Dice

Well shit.

edsSB.gif

Card Boy

Banned
That T-Rex model alone is pretty blatant plagiarism. Just the head is bigger.

MSpaint.gif

(I'm not implying there is a copyright on T-Rex's)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom