• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 II - ITT we buy $1 games and complain about them

Status
Not open for further replies.

cicero

Crossposted from the GOG thread:

The current IndieGameStand Pay What You Want deal is for Unmechanical. It has activation codes for both GOG and Steam, and the deal ends in about 4 days. You need to pay at least $1 to get the GOG and Steam keys. If you pay more than $1.29 for the bundle, you unlock the bonus material which includes two Prototype builds of Unmechanical and the Unmechanical soundtrack in FLAC/mp3/OGG. I would pick this up, it is a good deal!

https://indiegamestand.com/

Got two Steam Card invites.

I'll give them to the first two that answer these two questions:
1) What is the guy's name in the Mario series?
2) Who is your favorite Bluth?

drizzle

Axel Hertz

1) Mario
2) Mario

Disclaimer: I already have Steam Card and I just wanted to play. I'll take one for my cousin if it comes to that though. No problem if you want to give to anybody else. I don't even know if my answers are correct.

Caerith

Impossible to say. Could be tomorrow or 10 years from now.
Hmm. Are W&G and L&O any good?

You mean this guy?
yE1r5RW.jpg

Edit:

Disclaimer: I already have Steam Card and I just wanted to play. I'll take one for my cousin if it comes to that though. No problem if you want to give to anybody else. I don't even know if my answers are correct.
What he said.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Hmm. Are W&G and L&O any good?

The only Telltale game I've played is Jurassic Park, which I loathed. I did try to play Sam & Max one afternoon, but it had no sound and Google got me nowhere. I ought to give the game another shot as I've since upgraded my PC.

Also, I got bored, so have some fun data:

Top posters of past general Steam threads said:
2008 -> 2010:
ClovingWestbrook (RIP) with 532 posts (~2.42% of total)

2010 Thread 2:
Stallion Free with 320 posts (~4% of total)

2011 Thread 1:
SalsaShark with 545 posts (~2.73% of total)

2011 Thread 2:
SalsaShark with 617 posts (~3.09% of total)

2011 Thread 3:
JaseC with 429 posts (~2.89% of total)

2012 Thread 1:
SteveWinwood with 607 posts (~3.04% of total)

2012 Thread 2:
JaseC with 526 posts (~2.64% of total)

2012 Thread 3:
JaseC with 742 posts (~3.72% of total)

2012 Thread 4:
Stallion Free with 321 posts (~4.6% of total)

2013 Thread 1:
JaseC with 876 posts (~4.38% of total)

The only Telltale game I've played is Jurassic Park, which I loathed. I did try to play Sam & Max one afternoon, but it had no sound and Google got me nowhere. I ought to give the game another shot as I've since upgraded my PC.
Jurassic Park his hands down Telltale's worst game. Sam & Max is pretty good, although it doesn't really get into gear until the 4th episode of the first season.

I was saving money for The Last of Us and then the Sonic deal had to happen. $10 off now. Better hurry up with the rest of the money I need by June 14th lol.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Jurassic Park his hands down Telltale's worst game. Sam & Max is pretty good, although it doesn't really get into gear until the 4th episode of the first season.

Truth be told I was only playing it to earn the Winter Sale achievement, but god, what a chore. Nice to hear that Sam & Max received better treatment, even if it's something of a slow burner.

Caerith

Also, I got bored, so have some fun data:
Yeah, I heard JP stinks on ice. You should really give S&M another try. I think it's the best thing Telltale ever made. With the caveat that I've only played BttF and TWD.

Truth be told I was only playing it to earn the Winter Sale achievement, but god, what a chore. Nice to hear that Sam & Max received better treatment, even if it's something of a slow burner.

Honestly, Jurassic Park is the only game of theirs I'd call outright bad, everything else is at worst mediocre.

I'm a little... perturbed... that half of a deck is only unlockable through buying DLC (store items, if you still want to play the Valve Is God card).

"Hey, guys, uh, you wanna fix Greenlight?"
"No, no, let's make a gamification of the Steam overlay that only works if you buy our shit."

I'm not against hats or whatnot, but this is really weird.

Caerith

I'm playing Sanctum in an effort to kill my feels of wanting Sanctum 2 and Don't Starve but knowing they will be on sale in a month probably.
Make sure to get the "Over 9000" achievement. I only barely pushed it off my showcase and don't want it coming back if they fix the SR3 cheevos.

iavi

FVIII has been updated as of 4 days ago.
Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 as of 2 hours ago.
Mortal Kombat as of an hour ago

Caerith

The Achievement Showcase currently lists your top six achievements, ranked by what percentage of players have earned them (least to greatest). There are 4 Saints Row achievements that are bugged and say 0.00% of players earned them, so those are my top 4, but "Over 9000" for Sanctum was only earned by, like 0.6% of everyone who has Sanctum. So, if you earn it, that percentage will go up and the achievement will drop in rarity.

MNC

The Achievement Showcase currently lists your top six achievements, ranked by what percentage of players have earned them (least to greatest). There are 4 Saints Row achievements that are bugged and say 0.00% of players earned them, so those are my top 4, but "Over 9000" for Sanctum was only earned by, like 0.6% of everyone who has Sanctum. So, if you earn it, that percentage will go up and the achievement will drop in rarity.
Ah, no wonder. Fuck, that seems to be the best showcase had it not been for those bugged saints row ones. I already wondered why that happened..
I want it fixed :(

Edit: so why would you want over 9000 not on your showcase? Its working correctly, isn't it? What did you have to do for the achievement?

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Crossposted from the GOG thread:

The current IndieGameStand Pay What You Want deal is for Unmechanical. It has activation codes for both GOG and Steam, and the deal ends in about 4 days. You need to pay at least $1 to get the GOG and Steam keys. If you pay more than $1.29 for the bundle, you unlock the bonus material which includes two Prototype builds of Unmechanical and the Unmechanical soundtrack in FLAC/mp3/OGG. I would pick this up, it is a good deal!

https://indiegamestand.com/
Fuck you, I don't need more games.

Which means I'll be buying this tonight :(

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I got to S1E6 on the Wii version of Sam & Max and it was a great game, which sadly ran like shit on the console. It's not too hard, though I had to use a guide once in Ep. 5, and got stuck in Ep. 6 and stopped playing.

I love its humor, but since I never played the original nor read the comics I don't know how much credit to give TTG.

Too bad ClovingWestbrook got permabanned. :(

RIP!@#
Noooooo :(

We shall all mourn our fellow SteamGAF bro by buying a game in his honor. You'll be missed Clov.

Jzero

Aw Xelios deleted me on Steam </3
I wish Steam had a "follow" feature like on Facebook so that we can still see peoples game reviews and such.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Unmechanical is a pretty good game but its only about 2 hours long; so shouldn't increase your backlog too much :)
It's not about the backlog anymore, it's about knowing I won't ever touch the stuff I'm buying. How did I get to this point?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom