• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 II - ITT we buy $1 games and complain about them

Status
Not open for further replies.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Aw Xelios deleted me on Steam </3
I wish Steam had a "follow" feature like on Facebook so that we can still see peoples game reviews and such.

o_O When? Must have happened on accident cuz I'd never delete you! Sorry! :(

Edit: I deleted quite a few people who just needed gifting help after the last sale, but I didn't think any of my normal friends got caught up in that.

I request... NAY! I demand that every mention of Resident Evil: Revelaitons on GAF should use the original uncorrected denomination (i.e. REVELAITONS).

Make it so!

kurahador

Bex21Kv.jpg

I guess there won't be any tier rewards after this.

Dynoro

It's not about the backlog anymore, it's about knowing I won't ever touch the stuff I'm buying. How did I get to this point?

I think the prices are a major factor; they reduce to such a point that they become negligible and so not buying a game on sale almost feels like wasting money. I know if I have even a passing interest in a game I'll pay up to $5 just to get it "for later"
(a later that never comes)

Deques

The Achievement Showcase currently lists your top six achievements, ranked by what percentage of players have earned them (least to greatest). There are 4 Saints Row achievements that are bugged and say 0.00% of players earned them, so those are my top 4, but "Over 9000" for Sanctum was only earned by, like 0.6% of everyone who has Sanctum. So, if you earn it, that percentage will go up and the achievement will drop in rarity.

Lvl11 and I still don't have it.

Caerith is level 11 and got the showcase

I clearly remember one game that had preorder rewards that were backfilled after the game launched and didn't reach the third tier. They really need to stop this system.

The one for Grid 2 is awful. Having to reach tier 3 to unlock circuits that are already finished is just dumb. They better unlock it regardless :mad:

Acidote

I'm level 10 and I have the showcase, but you have to edit it in. Log in, check your profile and a "slot" should be there. Click it and you'll be sent to the configuration page.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Revelaitons Unveiled Edition is so stupid.

Capcom insisting on squishing together Resident Evil and BioHazard is equally stupid.

1) Make a JP sub
2) Make a RoW sub
3) Name the former BioHazard Revelations and the latter Resident Evil Revelations
4) Was that so hard?

Caerith

Ah, no wonder. Fuck, that seems to be the best showcase had it not been for those bugged saints row ones. I already wondered why that happened..
I want it fixed :(

Edit: so why would you want over 9000 not on your showcase? Its working correctly, isn't it? What did you have to do for the achievement?
Over 9000 is gotten by reaching wave 10 using only lightning towers. While it is working correctly, I just don't want it to be in my Top 6 (after those SR3 cheevos are fixed). I mean, nothing against the achievement, but I've got better ones I'd rather have showcased.

Caerith is level 11 and got the showcase
I had it since 10. It's buggy, though: it doesn't show up as a selectable showcase for everybody or sometimes it's selectable sometimes it isn't, not sure. Known bug, Valve is looking into it. I'd say just F5 a bunch and see if anything changes.

I got to S1E6 on the Wii version of Sam & Max and it was a great game, which sadly ran like shit on the console. It's not too hard, though I had to use a guide once in Ep. 5, and got stuck in Ep. 6 and stopped playing.

I love its humor, but since I never played the original nor read the comics I don't know how much credit to give TTG.
Sam & Max's creator (mostly), Steve Purcell, was involved with every S&M game ever (including the LucasArts one and the one that never happened), though he only did artwork for Devil's Playhouse as opposed to writing/designing the first two seasons, according to wikipedia at least. He was probably involved with all the machinima too.

All three seasons were scored by Jared Emerson-Johnson, though, earning him multiple Pulitzer Prizes, Nobel Peace Prizes, and Oscars.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I think the prices are a major factor; they reduce to such a point that they become negligible and so not buying a game on sale almost feels like wasting money. I know if I have even a passing interest in a game I'll pay up to $5 just to get it "for later"
(a later that never comes)
I wish all games costed 90 bucks. Maybe if we ask nicely Valve could increase the prices.

Just ask yourself are you going to play the game before it goes on sale again and maybe cheaper in the future.
Heh, if I used that method I'd never buy another game in my life.

That's not OCD; OCD is not wanting to play Luigi's Mansion 2 because my sister saved her game on slot 1 :p

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Sam & Max's creator (mostly), Steve Purcell, was involved with every S&M game ever (including the LucasArts one and the one that never happened), though he only did artwork for Devil's Playhouse as opposed to writing/designing the first two seasons, according to wikipedia at least. He was probably involved with all the machinima too.

All three seasons were scored by Jared Emerson-Johnson, though, earning him multiple Pulitzer Prizes, Nobel Peace Prizes, and Oscars.
Thanks, I didn't know that. The games are really good indeed, at least the ones I played. I think I'll replay the first 5 episodes, instead of continuing from where I got to on Wii.

I can't access Steam (neither client nor website) right now, is everything Aussie taxed over there? And how are the prices then?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Valve should sell Aussie googles for users to actually see the store through the eyes of an Australian.
And we will understand the extent of JaseC's "effort".

Valve is just trying to fix a bug that has the goggles also show Australia's deadly wildlife lurking somewhere in the corner of your field of view.

I can't access Steam (neither client nor website) right now, is everything Aussie taxed over there? And how are the prices then?

Most of what Activision, EA, Bethesda, 2K, R*, Sega and Ubi offer is taxed, to varying degrees, while the likes of Scamco and WB are more scattershot. Most notably, the DDE of Blops 2 lays claim to the dubious honour of being the first product to break the USD$100 price point (it's $110); the worst offender in terms of absolute price difference difference is Modern Warfare 2, which is $20 on Steam US but still $90 on Steam AU.

Oh no you don't. The last time I clicked on that, I spent a day wondering why all my Steam store prices were jacked up all of a sudden.

:p

Chronoja

I see Rift is no longer on available on steam to buy, which makes sense considering it's f2p annoucement. Storm Legion is still up though.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Batman Arkham Origins boxart:

SwoNkDp.png

I wish Valve had its own branding that people could use for Steamworks games, but this is a pretty good sign we've finally killed the beast.

AkuMifune

Banned
I guess there won't be any tier rewards after this.

My second Steam pre-order, sitting in between failed and sucks. I expected more from you Steam users!

Though I understand why the RE stock would be low an this platform.

Just as an academic exercise, which region is this puppy releasing first in?

Batman Arkham Origins boxart:

SwoNkDp.png

I wish Valve had its own branding that people could use for Steamworks games, but this is a pretty good sign we've finally killed the beast.

Yay! So glad to see the end of gfwl! Been playing through a.city recently, and its so weird getting 2 separate notifications every time I get an achievement.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Most of what Activision, EA, Bethesda, 2K, R*, Sega and Ubi offer is taxed, to varying degrees, while the likes of Scamco and WB are more scattershot. Most notably, the DDE of Blops 2 lays claim to the dubious honour of being the first product to break the USD$100 price point (it's $110); the worst offender in terms of absolute price difference difference is Modern Warfare 2, which is $20 on Steam US but still $90 on Steam AU.
One hundred and ten bucks? That's a bargain if I've ever seen one.

Luckily Rockstar knows we're poor as fuck over here, and so their games are always cheaper.

Yay! So glad to see the end of gfwl! Been playing through a.city recently, and its so weird getting 2 separate notifications every time I get an achievement.
Just wait until SecuROM gets an achievement system :p

morningbus

I actually turned off GFWL notices because of this.

Which sucked as I missed out on all the invites my friends would send me to play all of the awesome GFWL multiplayer games.

nexen

While you all dance on GWFL's grave, I'm over here mourning the loss of a source of real achievements.

Steam achievements are crap :(

morningbus

While you all dance on GWFL's grave, I'm over here mourning the loss of a source of real achievements.

I assume you mean "source of real achievements" like how some cookies claim they're a source of calcium?

nexen

Really an XBOX gamer trying to up Gamerscore, amirite?

Reformed Xbox gamer. I can't stand to play on it anymore because of how bad the games look compared to on my computer. But with GFWL I could still increase my epeen and chat with my xbox live friends. Sigh.

I assume you mean "source of real achievements" like how some cookies claim they're a source of calcium?

No, real achievements. When I depart from this world my gamerscore will be remembered for eons to come.

I never understood the GFWL hate. I played through arkham asylum and arkham city on PC with no problems. GFWL always worked fine for me. If it had steamworks cloud saves it would have been great

Chronoja

Just wait. If Valve cave to the pressure of making cards / steam xp obtainable through achievements then I expect your tune to change. Imagine being able to trade a card earned from achievements for cash there and then. Take that "gamer score".

/itwilllikelynothappen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom