• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 II - ITT we buy $1 games and complain about them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wok

Steam version of Penny Arcade's On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness 3 is free today!

Announcement: http://zeboyd.com/2013/05/20/penny-...recipice-of-darkness-4-official-release-date/

Direct Link to Free Codes: http://penny-arcade.com/static/rainslick-giveaway

This is an official promotion we're doing to hype up the 4th game (which now has an official release date for June 7!).

My code was a duplicate...

942ZK-YY797-T3IMR

I feel unlucky today (not just because of this).

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
My code was a duplicate...

942ZK-YY797-T3IMR

I feel unlucky today (not just because of this).
Try again, when I got mine earlier it was a duplicate too but refreshing and typing a new captcha got me a working code.

Sober

I would be interested in Gunslinger if it wasn't for the main character having 4 pistols and packing like a one-man army.

EDIT: This shot illustrates my initial problems with the character/gear aesthetics of the game.
Dueling with sawed off shotguns? Sounds like my kind of game.

edit: I wish they had sawed off shotguns in their holsters

FuKuy

Batman Arkham Origins boxart:

SwoNkDp.png

I wish Valve had its own branding that people could use for Steamworks games, but this is a pretty good sign we've finally killed the beast.

Indeed.

Finally a Batman game with NO crap GFWL. And yes, STEAMworks logo should be part of the retail box art aswell.

szaromir

Banned
I bought Firaxis Pack on Amazon, unlocked the Civ IV Complete key and the base game and each add-on appear twice in my game list (and in the grid view). Is there something I can do about it?

Zeknurn

I bought Firaxis Pack on Amazon, unlocked the Civ IV Complete key and the base game and each add-on appear twice in my game list (and in the grid view). Is there something I can do about it?

Those are the Mac versions. The only option is to make a new Steam account.

baconcow

Those are the Mac versions. The only option is to make a new Steam account.

One of the biggest flaws with Steam; not being able to add/remove content you own from your list/grid view. It only makes sense. I have Betas and Mac versions and online versions that don't even work anymore. Just to name a few of the files that clog up my "official games list":

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Multiplayer (WHY isn't this in the base game??? It is on console)
DEFCON Beta Demo (what...?)
Dota 2 Test
GTA: San Andreas (Mac)
L4D 2 Beta
Majesty: Gold Edition (non-HD version)
Civ IV (all 4 games with their corresponding Mac versions)
Team Fortress 2 Beta (why is this necessary now?)

Not technically but you can just change your library to only view installed games

derExperte

Do you know how to enable profile showcases? You should have it at ten but only be able to display one.

At level 20 you can display two.

You have them all unlocked at 10 though.

Sure, I currently use the badge-showcase. The one for achievements just doesn't show up in the list.

nexen

I'm well aware of those options. In fact, I'd already moved them to my "Finished" category before you typed this. ;)

I don't know how you can stand to have those ugly things lurking in your library at all, tbh.
I'd take drastic measures if I were you.

Giran

yeah wondering about this, I heard some very good things about it

Fast paced to a fault and a very spectacular game. Not much in terms of narrative and unfortunately criminally short but if you're a fan of the arcade space games of old then it will be a treat. Also, the main theme has KOKIA's voice; it's worth buying for that alone.

Momentary

Banned
Fast paced to a fault and a very spectacular game. Not much in terms of narrative and unfortunately criminally short but if you're a fan of the arcade space games of old then it will be a treat. Also, the main theme has KOKIA's voice; it's worth buying for that alone.

So close to buying it now... just need one more push.

Chronoja

Question: What would happen in the event that Resident Evil Revelations releases without meeting the tier requirements in the U.S. which it unlocks in 9 or so hours, but since it doesn't release in the U.K. for another 3 days, it meets the requirements during that period.

So, in short, releases early in 1 region not meeting targets, later in another region but hits targets. What happens?

BrianD

Neo Member
One of the biggest flaws with Steam; not being able to add/remove content you own from your list/grid view. It only makes sense. I have Betas and Mac versions and online versions that don't even work anymore. Just to name a few of the files that clog up my "official games list":

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Multiplayer (WHY isn't this in the base game??? It is on console)
Dota 2 Test
L4D 2 Beta
Because this way the game isn't taking more disk space than necessary because of unused single player assets. I personally wish more developers would do that to be honest.

tjohn86

Because this way the game isn't taking more disk space than necessary because of unused single player assets. I personally wish more developers would do that to be honest.

I believe singleplayer is required if you want to play multiplayer. At least thats how I remember it when I installed a few months back.

Grief.exe

Dota 2 Test
L4D 2 Beta

I just make custom steam images for each one and add them for grid view.

example Dota 2 beta:

XCgwIXS.jpg

EDIT: Grid view is so damn sexy. I never get to see it in all of its glory because I usually just show installed.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Rochard's DLC (currently on sale for 99 cents) is pretty accurately named Hard Times. I can't even imagine doing some of this shit on a controller.

ChapaNDJ

Banned
GFWL is dead, thank god. Almost every developer abandoned the sinking ship, even MS did it.

The ammount of problems i've had with that thing is awful. Recently when i moved to W8 about 5 months ago i lost all my save games and had to manually search a different version of GFWL to install because the ones that comes with the games are older versions and doesn't work.

1-D_FTW

It's hilarious to look at the sales charts for those cards.

I looked up the foiled Spy card to see what the activity was. If you run your cursor along that graph, you can see where Stallion sold his card for 23.00 dollars. Then there was only one more sale for 17.25, before the next sale crashed to under 9.00 dollars. You know it's horrible volume when you can individually pick out each sale :lol.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
It's hilarious to look at the sales charts for those cards.

I looked up the foiled Spy card to see what the activity was. If you run your cursor along that graph, you can see where Stallion sold his card for 23.00 dollars. Then there was only one more sale for 17.25, before the next sale crashed to under 9.00 dollars. You know it's horrible volume when you can individually pick out each sale :lol.

What can I say, I'm pretty fucking l33t at sales.

I'm not surprised at the foil card volumes though. They just aren't worth any asking price compared to the normal badges.

Chronoja

But those foil cards are just for bragging rights, or those gave you more XP or more goodies?

I made some calculations that to get a level 5 badge for all badges, assuming you get all the card drops available, meaning you need to collect 192 cards, with the current market prices it will cost between £94 - £112.

Considering the foil cards sell for £50 in some cases that funds nearly half your badge levels (or gets you like a million games in a sale). Otherwise yeah, they are simply for bragging rights.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Existing deals:

[Amazon]

[Gamestop]
[GMG] - use code GMG20-LLASD-D8WBQ for an additional 20% discount
  • Alien Breed: Impact - $4.99
  • Alien Breed 2: Assault - $4.99
  • Alien Breed 3: Descent - $4.99
  • Alien Breed: Trilogy - $9.19
  • Doom 3 BFG Edition - $14.99
  • GRID 2 - $33.74 with code GMG25-55FJ7-ADQ3P
  • Nikopol: Secrets of the Immortals - $1.24
  • Patterns - $9.95
  • Resident Evil: Revelations - $37.50 with code GMG25-55FJ7-ADQ3P
  • Total War: Rome 2 - $44.96 with code GMG25-55FJ7-ADQ3P
  • Worms - $3.99
  • Worms Armageddon - $3.99
  • Worms Blast - $3.99
  • Worms Crazy Golf - $4.99
  • Worms Pinball - $3.99
  • Worms Reloaded: GOTY - $6.24
    • Worms Reloaded
    • Worms Reloaded – ‘Forts Pack’ DLC.
    • Worms Reloaded – ‘Retro Pack’ DLC.
    • Worms Reloaded – ‘Puzzle Pack’ DLC.
    • Worms Reloaded – ‘Time Attack Pack’ DLC.
    • Worms Reloaded – ‘The Pre-order Forts and Hats’ DLC content.
    • Worms Reloaded – ‘Weapons and Britannia landscape theme’ content update.
    • Worms Reloaded – ‘Mayhem Pack’ content update.
    • Worms Reloaded – ‘Community Pack’ content update.
    • Worms Reloaded – ‘Team Fortress 2 and Speech Bank Editor’ content update. Worms™ Reloaded – The Official Digital Soundtrack.
  • Worms Revolution - $8.99
  • Worms Revolution Season Pass - $8.99
  • Worms Ultimate Mayhem - $5.99
  • Worms Collection - $42.49
    • Worms
    • Worms Armageddon
    • Worms Blast
    • Worms Crazy Golf
    • Worms Pinball
    • Worms Reloaded
    • Worms Reloaded: Forts Pack
    • Worms Reloaded: Puzzle Pack
    • Worms Reloaded: Retro Pack
    • Worms Reloaded: Time Pack
    • Worms Reloaded: Pre-Order Forts & Hats Pack
    • Worms Revolution
    • Worms Revolution: Customization Pack
    • Worms Revolution: Funfair Pack
    • Worms Revolution: Mars Pack
    • Worms Revolution: Medieval Tales Pack
    • Worms Revolution: Pre-Order DLC
    • Worms Ultimate Mayhem
    • Worms Ultimate Mayhem: Customisation Pack
    • Worms Ultimate Mayhem: Multi Player Pack
    • Worms Ultimate Mayhem: Single Player Pack
[Bundle Stars]
  • Stellar Bundle - $0.98
    • Alien Hallway
    • Alien Shooter Revisited
    • Zombie Shooter
    • Zombie Shooter 2
  • Indie Jam - $6.32
    • Dead Horde
    • Future Wars
    • Greed: Black Border
    • Grotesque Tactics
    • Grotesque Tactics 2
    • Stellar Impact
    • Trapped Dead
    • Trauma
    • Twin Sector
    • Unstoppable Gorg
  • Indie Jam 2 - $4.97
    • Ion Assault
    • Iron Grip: Warlord
    • Nuclear Dawn
    • Planets Under Attack
    • Shattered Horizon
    • Two Worlds II
    • Two Worlds II: Castle Defense DLC
    • X-Blades
[Groupees]
  • Be Mine 8 - $1.00
    • Fairy Bloom Freesia
    • Patrician IV: Steam Special Edition
    • Patrician IV: Rise of a Dynasty DLC
    • Slam Bolt Scrappers
    • Karateka
  • Be Mine 8 - $5.00+
    • Blood Bowl Legendary Edition
    • Drakensang
    • Blades of Time Limited Edition
[Indie Gala]
  • $1.00
    • Patrician III
  • $2.40
    • Dungeons: The Dark Lord
    • Patrician IV: Rise of a Dynasty
    • Patrician IV: Steam Special Edition
  • $3.96
    • Dungeons: Steam Special Edition
[Indie Gala Store]
[IndieGameStand]
[Indie Royale]
  • The Mayhem Bundle - $5.45
    • Alien Shooter 2: Conscription
    • Burn Zombie Burn
    • Droplitz
    • Lucius
    • Plain Sight
    • Primal Fears
    • Ironclads Anthology

sibarraz

Banned
I wanted to buy total war from gamestop at 0.99 as a gift to a friend, but in this place they looked at my IP and denied the purchase :(

xJavonta

Banned
Batman Arkham Origins boxart:

SwoNkDp.png

I wish Valve had its own branding that people could use for Steamworks games, but this is a pretty good sign we've finally killed the beast.

THIS. There has got to be a ton of people that would love to have some indicator on the box of PC games that indicates it's steamworks other than a little "Requires Steam" line of text on the back of the box. I've been toying with the idea of making one just for my physical PC games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom