• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 II - ITT we buy $1 games and complain about them

Status
Not open for further replies.

1-D_FTW

Next OP needs to include "New Members Being Accepted" into the title.

It works with the 360 controller, yes. In game vsync is funky so you'll want to turn that off and force it through RadeonPro or Inspector.

And by funky, you mean it locks you to 30fps. So, yeah, run v-sync through something like D3D.

I'm sure it was mentioned but Super Puzzle Platatformer Deluxe makes me wonder what the next adult swim game on steam is going to be. Super Westerado please?

HoosTrax

The analog sticks on the new Xbox One controller are pretty fucking sexy.

But I'm ready to ditch these 360 controllers as well.

VEV_012_xbox_Supercut.Still002_copy_large_epic.jpg
After swapping a pair of Dualshock sticks into my 360, I'm never going back to concave stick caps. With the mushroom caps, you can always have your thumb in the middle of the cap. With the stock concave ones, I always found myself pushing on the edges of the stick because the surface is too slippery.

Finally got my burnout paradise cd-key after 14 days I like steam but really 2 weeks to get access to a digital game I bought and was installed on my hardrive is bonkers lol I assume its EAs fault like everything they touch.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

JaseC

Any idea when Mortal Kombat is releasing? I've got an urge to play it and want to give them my money.

The port is presumably in the final stages of testing, but it hasn't been formally announced yet. Unless a retail release is on the cards, it'll probably just show up one morning among the new releases.

Someone's ears were burning.

There was twitter chatter about a MK announcement tomorrow I think, so probably know then.

I'm guessing those tweets were posted yesterday.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Some quick co-op questions:

I have a list of potential co-op games that I have my sights set on for future sales, but I never bothered to get proper opinions on them.
-How is 3 player co-op in Call of Juarez: The Cartel? Are the mechanics decent enough? Is connecting to partners easy?
-How is 3-4p co-op in Lost Planet 2? Does it improve the experience and make it worth playing?
-What's the best way to co-op through Doom 1/2?

JaseC

Doesn't zDoom support TCP/IP? It should just be a matter of connecting to the host's IP address.

Grief.exe

I think I want to live in that world... I think I'm about 2/3rd of the way through System Shock 2, and Deus Ex sounds like another good (older) game to look into—even if some aspects don't hold up so well today (I've read mixed things). Sub-$2 would be a pretty cool world too.

Where are you at in System Shock 2? I just hit deck 5

Thanks :) I'm arranging for a launch week discount, details should be up on Friday.

Only a few more days.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I'm a furry and I'm kinda meh on Dust because... it suffers the pratfalls of typical indie platformers.

Also I don't like the design. Too "generic furry". Then again I prefer kemono style.

You've clicked a link that had ?l=spanish affixed to it. Here you go.

Ahh thanks. It's probably a site.

nexen

Hey Grief - how do I get Dead Space's CD key out of Steam like you mentioned yesterday? There is no option on the right click menu.

Grief.exe

Hmm... I'm still kinda iffy by the way how the characters animate and move - it resembled more of the indie platformer stuff.

MFW you wrote off a game because a feeling.

Its an action RPG in the Metroidvania style.

Hey Grief - how do I get Dead Space's CD key out of Steam like you mentioned yesterday? There is no option on the right click menu.

You have to go through the registry.

Edit: see Jase's comment.

FloatOn

On a mental level I can understand many fetishes. I may not be into them but I understand.

The furry/brony thing I will never comprehend.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
After swapping a pair of Dualshock sticks into my 360, I'm never going back to concave stick caps. With the mushroom caps, you can always have your thumb in the middle of the cap. With the stock concave ones, I always found myself pushing on the edges of the stick because the surface is too slippery.

I know this message is old and everything but... you're wrong.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Hmm... I'm still kinda iffy by the way how the characters animate and move - it resembled more of the indie platformer stuff.

I prefer furries to like the ones in my avatar :p

You mean amazingly? The game has gotten nothing but praise for its animation. I have no idea what your issue is.

And do you mean you prefer furries with muscles?

Why am I asking about this?

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
MFW you wrote off a game because a feeling.

Its an action RPG in the Metroidvania style.

I was judging it via the videos :p

Of course my tone could change.

On a mental level I can understand many fetishes. I may not be into them but I understand.

The furry/brony thing I will never comprehend.

It is a common mistake to lump furries, sonic, and ponies in the same thing. It is however a worse mistake to repeat.

Also furry is a broad term that can go from people who just want anthropomorphic characters to people who are sick fucks.

Dust's lack of furry manboobs is off-putting to you, I understand.

Twinks are ew. Also they're called pecs. :p

You mean amazingly? The game has gotten nothing but praise for its animation. I have no idea what your issue is.

Hmm I'm thinking right now that encapsulates what my feelings are... I think something along the lines of Capsized and Aquaria.

Grief.exe

Who is excited for the Day Z stand alone?

I've really wanted to get back into Day Z lately, but I think I will just wait since the Beta starts in a month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom