• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 II - ITT we buy $1 games and complain about them

Status
Not open for further replies.

iavi

I have a feeling Square Japan will mess up the PC port.

Load it with DRM, maybe even Square Store exclusive again.

It's possible, but it looks like the Steam releases have been outfitted with Steamworks, going from the achievements. It's going to be ugly regardless, but at least it won't be a total disaster like the VII release was on their store.

Guiberu

UGH.

Why can't I find a reasonably priced Dead Island (original, no Riptide) UK key?

All the US / RU keys are less than £5, yet over here it's basically £20!

Anyone know of a deal, or have a key they'd be happy to part with?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
UGH.

Buy it from Amazon and use Spotflux to activate the key.

Guiberu

Buy it from Amazon and use Spotflux to activate the key.

I've read a fair few reports of people not being able to play, having the game removed and their accounts being outright banned for doing this.

I believe the Dead Island keys are specifically region locked, to boot. So whilst you can do the whole Amazon + VPN stuff, with Dead Island it simply doesn't work out too good.

JaseC

I've read a fair few reports of people not being able to play, having the game removed and their accounts being outright banned for doing this.

Nobody, to my knowledge, or to the knowledge of other GAFers who use VPNs to activate region-locked keys, has had their account restricted for doing so. Valve does, however, frown upon those who use VPNs to circumvent region-specific pricing on Steam itself.

I believe the Dead Island keys are specifically region locked, to boot. So whilst you can do the whole Amazon + VPN stuff, with Dead Island it simply doesn't work out too good.

I don't believe so. The Dead Island GOTY NA subs don't mention the "onlyallowrunincountries" restriction.

Edit: To illustrate what I mean, here are the two Dead Island GOTY subs, and here's Skyrim's RU sub, which does contain said line (Extended Info is at the bottom of the table).

Edit edit: Oops, forgot the links. Fixed.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
header_292x136.jpg

This is what I had to look at for the whole finale of SR2. It kinda made up for the mission design being total garbage for the entire campaign. Also, the image probs isn't safe for work unless your work place is cool with you looking at men far to little clothing. No actual nudity though.

Basically my issues were:
  • Co-op felt under-developed.
  • The side activities were garbage.
  • Missions were locked until you gained respect. Each mission or stronghold ate up 1 respect level.
  • Gaining respect usually meant playing shitty activities.
  • Shitty activities rarely shared respect appropriately between co-op partners.
  • Did I mention the mission design was terrible?
  • The port is messy and wants to use Gamespy for co-op.
It was a real bummer coming from SR3 which I played with the same partner. We actually watched every cutscene in that game and did every single activity in co-op and did 2 of the 3 DLCs. I don't think I would have been able to finish SR2 if I hadn't been playing with someone. I would have died of boredom.

Enco

Every time I see SR2 mentioned I shudder.

Biggest fucking waste of money. The PC port is easily one of the worst ports I have ever played in my life. Fucking horrendous.

MNC

Everytime I think of Saints Row 2, I think "Yeah, I might play that to see some kind of origin thing of the Saints". But then I try playing it and it's so fucking bad.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Everytime I think of Saints Row 2, I think "Yeah, I might play that to see some kind of origin thing of the Saints". But then I try playing it and it's so fucking bad.

It feels really bland. Very much like C-tier stuff from the PS2 era. SR3 had the good sense to go much zanier with it's visual stylings and characterizations. It makes everything much more amusing.

Chronoja

UGH.

While it's not £5 value, from GMG with the 20% off code it drops to about £12.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Dead Pool up for pre-order. Cross one more of the Steam leak list.

40$ + preorder nets you a map pack for the horde mode.

Confirmed:
  • Achievements
  • Leaderboards

Wonder what the price on Mortal Kombat will be and I hope this is a sign of the other ports finally coming. I guess Lords of Shadow PC will be announced around the Lords of Shadow 2 re-reveal during E3.

Dead Pool up for pre-order. Cross one more of the Steam leak list.

40$ + preorder nets you a map pack for the horde mode.

Confirmed:
  • Achievements
  • Leaderboards

$40 = 49.99€ who woulda thunk it

iavi

Wonder what the price on Mortal Kombat will be and I hope this is a sign of the other ports finally coming. I guess Lords of Shadow PC will be announced around the Lords of Shadow 2 re-reveal during E3.

Some rumor was going around that LOS1 was to be a pre-order bonus for LOS2. Doing that and letting it unlock as soon as soon as LOS2 is paid for, so people can play through 1 while they wait would be genius. Really hope it's true.

Wait. Deadpool has this in the description:

- D-Pooly: Some looser threads to give my goods a rest from that chafing spandex.
- Uncanny X-Force: Dark and slimming – the perfect accessory for a chimichanga binge.
- C’mon! You never buy me nice outfits! Just download it already! Available for limited time.

It's under the map pack section.

Ah fuck it. I'll pre-order.

JaseC

US MSRP for the PS360 versions is $30, so either that or $20.

Exeunt

It holds up perfectly, and it isn't just another good old game; it's THE good old game.

I believe those were the best $2.50 I've ever spent.

That's a pretty high bar to meet given my System Shock 2 experience! I'm looking forward to trying it, but I don't want to overhype anything.

Where are you at in System Shock 2? I just hit deck 5

I'm pretty deep in Recreation; I have access to
athletics
now, though I can't complete the objective just yet. The 2/3 thing was just my personal estimate though, having never played the game before and knowing that the final stretch is more linear.

Grief.exe

That's a pretty high bar to meet given my System Shock 2 experience! I'm looking forward to trying it, but I don't want to overhype anything.

I'm pretty deep in Recreation; I have access to
athletics
now, though I can't complete the objective just yet. The 2/3 thing was just my personal estimate though, having never played the game before and knowing that the final stretch is more linear.

You are right behind me.

I've been playing TF2 all morning trying to get dem cards. About to switch over to SS2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom