• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 II - ITT we buy $1 games and complain about them

Status
Not open for further replies.

HoosTrax

I don't even like survival horror games, like at all, and I'm seriously considering buying AW.

hows Van Helsing ?
Looks potentially decent, even good, at a glance. Suspiciously cheap though, so I wonder where corners were cut. But then again, Torchlight II wasn't exactly an expensive title either. Never heard of the developer either. Seems like a trap...

Grief.exe

This video changes camera angles more than a blockbuster movie.

otherwise, it's sort of annoying that Alan Wake has fallen into the "cult hit but not good enough on day one" trap. I bet they are regretting not having a proper PC release at the start now. Oh well.

It seems like the sales have really exploded since the PC release.

I'm sure it wasn't up to them since Microsoft financed the project.

Sini

Why did my total playtime for Magicka go down?
gX9HkP4.jpg

ArjanN

This video changes camera angles more than a blockbuster movie.

otherwise, it's sort of annoying that Alan Wake has fallen into the "cult hit but not good enough on day one" trap. I bet they are regretting not having a proper PC release at the start now. Oh well.

It's very obvious Remedy always wanted there to be a PC version, but MS just didn't want to foot the bill for that.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I have both Wake and Nightmare but I'll buy a couple of copies to gift friends.

God dammit! Deadpool is R$179.99 on brazilian Steam. That is like $88 or so.
Hilariously insane. Activision gives zero fucks. Surely they understand the implications...

~Kinggi~

Banned
Just a heads up, Sacred 2 Gold is on sale at Amazon for 4.99 thanks to Tony. Make sure you get the steam key version. Not sure if there are multiple. Just installed it, god damn does this game look nice maxed out. I played it a long time ago, remembering that it was one of the largest games i ever played. The gold version comes with the expansion as well, with two new islands. If you knew the size of the game already you'd realize how big that is.

ALso the gold version seemingly fixed some issues that i had with the retail collectors release some years back. This one seems a lot more polished thankfully.

edit: heres the link, the steam version is kinda hidden actually. Couldnt find it through normal search.

FloatOn

I know I'm really late on this but I love everything about Dishonored so far. I've only played a couple of hours but some of the gameplay hooks in this are so damn glorious. They nailed it with blink and sword fighting, they work/feel exactly like I want them to.

I really hope they don't fuck up the supernatural part of this game, I'm really curious about this "The Outsider" guy.

---

Also, listed in the coming soon section is this game called Rush Bros. which looks like a hyperactive version of that halfbrick xbla game Raskulls without the Mr.Driller bits.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/234490/

Has local multiplayer with splitscreen. Always a welcome feature.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I know I'm really late on this but I love everything about Dishonored so far. I've only played a couple of hours but some of the gameplay hooks in this are so damn glorious. They nailed it with blink and sword fighting, they work/feel exactly like I want them to.

I really hope they don't fuck up the supernatural part of this game, I'm really curious about this "The Outsider" guy.

The supernatural stuff ends up playing so small a role that you forget it was even part of the game. I guess that counts as not fucking it up.

But the game is just casual stealth, how dare you love it.

baconcow

Not sure if this is the right place to ask (I have tried the Starbound pre-order post here with no luck), but wondering if anyone is interested in going in on a Starbound pre-order 4-pack with me (I need 2 others).

FloatOn

The supernatural stuff ends up playing so small a role that you forget it was even part of the game. I guess that counts as not fucking it up.

But the game is just casual stealth, how dare you love it.

That's kind of lame to hear. I guess with insane plot points sometimes it's better to play it safe than to ruin it though.

I could really care less if it's casual stealth or not. Just the fact that it allows me to do what I want without forcing me into some trial and error/reloading levels crap speaks volumes.

Grief.exe

Not sure if this is the right place to ask (I have tried the Starbound pre-order post here with no luck), but wondering if anyone is interested in going in on a Starbound pre-order 4-pack with me (I need 2 others).

Well how much is it? Do we get a key right away?

Blizzard

Banned
Anyone check out Van Helsing? It's currently the #1 seller on Steam.

I just saw that on Steam and came here to post about it. Where did this come from? Gameplay looks like Torchlight 2, graphics look good, has singleplayer and co-op, interesting universe. I'm quite intrigued.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Good gravy, Sacred 2 is amazing. Pro tip, play for like an hour exploring as much as you can, then hit M to look at your world map. It's funny.

Anyone check out Van Helsing? It's currently the #1 seller on Steam.

Just bought it... looks nifty. $13.49 US. I can get that much entertainment outta this no matter how good or corner cut it is. I like this whole cheaper smaller game thing a whole lot anyways.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Just bought it... looks nifty. $13.49 US. I can get that much entertainment outta this no matter how good or corner cut it is. I like this whole cheaper smaller game thing a whole lot anyways.

Its an interesting thought, how the low budget indie game is escalating to the size of a solid PS2 game thanks to evolutions in technology. Makes me wonder if Sony truly has a leg up now that they are embracing that market openly whereas MS is keeping it closed and focusing more on big budget AAA. I think the perception might change over the next few years. I have a ton of 10$ retail steam games i got for even less that have the quantity and quality of content of the psone/ps2 AAA days.

xJavonta

Banned
I think I'm just gonna stay in this thread until E3, Gaf is fucking ridiculous right now and this is the only thread with sane people (minus the Steam OCD)

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I'm kinda giving up on a lot of the older games I have on Steam. I haven't been in the mood to play any of them in like the last 4+ years and when I do try them I just don't have the patience for the kind of experiences these games are.

I just dumped Dark Forces and Jedi Knight into my never gonna bother finishing list.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I'm kinda giving up on a lot of the older games I have on Steam. I haven't been in the mood to play any of them in like the last 4+ years and when I do try them I just don't have the patience for the kind of experiences these games are.

I just dumped Dark Forces and Jedi Knight into my never gonna bother finishing list.

You definitely have worse stuff than those to dump in the DNF list--also I think those two games have cheats, so why not god mode through them?

xJavonta

Banned

Wasn't it you that said you stopped buying games until you complete other games? Are you abandoning that now?

Island

I wish there was a way to sort by purchase date...that way I could nuke off the ones that I have owned the longest. Maybe that would work.... Ya....
its not going to work

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
You definitely have worse stuff than those to dump in the DNF list--also I think those two games have cheats, so why not god mode through them?

My DNF list is massive and I don't care for the maze-like level design. I just don't see any level of enjoyment I can derive from a lot of these games anymore.

I'm trying to get accustomed to the idea of playing games for fun and not just plow through a list :(

Wasn't it you that said you stopped buying games until you complete other games? Are you abandoning that now?

Nah, but I do try to focus on games as soon as I buy them. I have been pretty amazing about that.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Just Cause 2 is still so damn amazing. My favorite open-world game this generation. I can just fly around the world and entertain myself. Can't wait to see what they have cooking.

~Kinggi~

Banned
When is the next major Steam sale? June? I've fallen in love again. Been loading up a bunch of games i got for like <10$ and finding more value there than anything else. Im excited now to build a steambox for my TV. Get me a good lapdesk as well. Probably next month after the new CPU and vidcards are released.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom