• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 II - ITT we buy $1 games and complain about them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bricky

Thanks for Esther, I think?

It's not THAT bad, but it is a bit pretentious and critics were way to positive about it to make sure we know they love indie games. It has some nice graphics though and the story is interesting enough to play through the whole thing.

And you got it for free! Reason enough to try it no?

Milamber

It's not THAT bad, but it is a bit pretentious and critics were way to positive about it to make sure we know they love indie games. It has some nice graphics though and the story is interesting enough to play through the whole thing.

And you got it for free! Reason enough to try it no?

True, can't complain, was hoping it was proteus tho.

Chronoja

This card thing is just going to get really annoying. There's literally nothing to trade if you want to make the badges. The cost alone for the original 6 badges is around £100 with the current market prices and they are just going to keep adding games and pushing those costs up. I honestly would have appreciated more if they focused on improving the idea instead of putting more games into the pointless mix until it actually is...you know...a trading card game, not a "i get card and sell it" game.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
This card thing is just going to get really annoying. There's literally nothing to trade if you want to make the badges. The cost alone for the original 6 badges is around £100 with the current market prices and they are just going to keep adding games and pushing those costs up. I honestly would have appreciated more if they focused on improving the idea instead of putting more games into the pointless mix until it actually is...you know...a trading card game, not a "i get card and sell it" game.

The card prices went hella down. I sold cards for 2.20 dollars when they were going for 3.70 dollars one day before.

Now they're like 40 to 80 cents (of course, it depends on the game)

I guess they should go back up once they start disappearing from Badge Crafting, but still...

DSmalls84

Just focus on getting badges for the games you actually like. If you want to collect them all it will be a money sink and is designed as such.

Once there are plenty of games that are in it, and you start getting inundated with cards by actually playing those games, you will have tons of cards that others want, and they'll have cards you want. Then trading will actually come into play instead of just selling. Or if you want to look at it that way you'll be temporary trading the card you don't want for 50 cents and then trading the person who has the card you want 50 cents.

Enco

Trading cards are a fucking brilliant idea to make money.

Valve totally have EA beat out with their money making ideas. All dem TF2/Dota 2 items and now trading cards. Nice work Valve. Nice work.

PriitV

Valve totally have EA beat out with their money making ideas. All dem TF2/Dota 2 items and now trading cards. Nice work Valve. Nice work.

It's so simple... Origin(al) Card Trading Game!

Yep. It makes them tons of money, aren't intrusive, and actually rewards some of the people who care about it.

Totally easy to ignore and bypass if you don't like it.

Grief.exe

Holiday Sale 2011 is really screwing me.

I'll always be 2xp short of anything because of it.

H5rYzwW.png

Did anyone mention that X-Com: Enemy Unknown is $10 on Amazon today?
Because X-Com: Enemy Unknown is totally $10 on Amazon today.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B008ALU5KG/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Buy it!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
What X-Com EU DLC is worthwhile?

The Slingshot Pack is the only piece that adds new missions. Firaxis has been toiling away at something significant that's due some time this year (presumably an expansion pack).

Autofokus

I have steam keys I'm giving away:

Binary Domain (Enco)
BioShock (ussjtrunks)
Deadlight (Grief.exe)
Insanly Twisted Shadow Planet (gwynplaine, Spiegel)
Iron Brigade (Tangeroo)
Mark of the Ninja (Milamber)
Toy Soldiers (Refreshment.01)
XCOM: Enemy Unknown (RS4-)
Defense Grid (Sajjaja)
Dear Esther (Leviathin25)
Hotline Miami (Vardhan)

Just shoot me a PM.

Edit: Because someone asked: first come, first served

cicero

Binary Domain
BioShock
Deadlight
Insanly Twisted Shadow Planet
Iron Brigade
Mark of the Ninja
Toy Soldiers
XCOM: Enemy Unknown
Defense Grid
Dear Esther
Hotline Miami

Just shoot me a PM.

Even if I was too late with my XCOM request, thanks for giving these away to GAFers here!

Grief.exe

Start it and go to sleep.

Ironically enough, that was my opinion on Borderlands 2 when I attempted to play through the game next year.

Maybe this will be the reason to get me back into the game.

Binary Domain
BioShock
Deadlight
Iron Brigade
Mark of the Ninja
Toy Soldiers
Defense Grid
Dear Esther
Hotline Miami

Just shoot me a PM.

I ended up with Deadlight.

Much thanks.

Zeknurn

New Humble bundle is great. Instantly bought.

Speaking of which, if someone has a left over key from a previous Humble bundle for Dungeon Defenders+All DLC they wish to part ways with, send me a pm.

Spiegel

Binary Domain
BioShock
Deadlight
Iron Brigade
Mark of the Ninja
Toy Soldiers
Defense Grid
Dear Esther
Hotline Miami

Just shoot me a PM.

That's very generous.

Probably too late for anything but I sent you a PM anyway.

Vardhan

Binary Domain
BioShock
Deadlight
Iron Brigade
Mark of the Ninja
Toy Soldiers
Defense Grid
Dear Esther
Hotline Miami

Just shoot me a PM.
PMed Autofokus for the Hotline Miami key. Thank you mate. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom