• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 II - ITT we buy $1 games and complain about them

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think people are forgetting the cards thing is still in Beta. I imagine when there are a ton more games in on it, there will be more trading and less selling. Things will stabilize eventually.

The beta, we are all in it.

Cade

Awesomenauts key, quote to reveal:

Hopefully the community picks back up with this HB, game's pretty fun with a good team.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
That's dumb, if you accidentally made a double post would it better to delete it?

Well, the space your double post takes up is trivial. The trolling or downright annoying behavior that would pop up from being able to delete your posts isn't worth the benefit of not seeing "sorry for the double post lol" for like, 10 minutes before we're already on another page of discussion.

Nillansan

Is it good enough for 50%, or is this 66/75% material?

Here's TotalBiscuit's impressions of the game.

It is one of the best games that I have played in a while. I haven't unlocked everything, but I feel that I have done enough to deem it completed. I have beaten all the bosses in the base game and the ones in Trans-Dimensional Leakage, I have unlocked the Lightsaber and I have seen both endings. I've put around 20 hours into the game.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Humble Bundle is weird, since all the games are so good I already own most of them. I only really want Proteus and I'm not gonna BTA just for that. It'll be cheaper in a future sale.
Yeah, I want Capsized, but can't justify beating the average when I already have Hotline Miami. Proteus is something I'd like to try, but I'm not sure it's worth $5. Any opinions?

Crappy bundle, I have to pay 5 bucks for Hotline Miami? I'll pass.
And to think I believed you were a cool guy for sporting a Twinsen avatar...

Yeah, I want Capsized, but can't justify beating the average when I already have Hotline Miami. Proteus is something I'd like to try, but I'm not sure it's worth $5. Any opinions?

And to think I believed you were a cool guy for sporting a Twinsen avatar...

boo hoo, I'm crushed.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Proteus is not worth 5.00.

It'd get an A+ as a mixed media art project in college, but as a commercial project, it just isn't fully there.

Would be neat with Rift support, though.

Got my first two cards:

BL2Cards.png

*shrugs*

Dr Dogg

Check you PM's.

You still need a Trading Cards invite? Or anybody else got 2 spare.

I played about a third of the way through Capsized before deleting it. Unless something major opened up later it's a tedious platformer.

Proteus I liked a lot, and would say $5 is a decent price, but you have to be into stuff like that. This is keeping in mind that at $5 I consider the price to be effectively "not applicable", and that time investment vs enjoyment is the primary criteria. And it would be cool with Rift.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Check you PM's.

You still need a Trading Cards invite? Or anybody else got 2 spare.
Thanks a lot! But I decided to buy the bundle, probably under the average. I love seeing those games in my Humble account xD

I played about a third of the way through Capsized before deleting it. Unless something major opened up later it's a tedious platformer.

Proteus I liked a lot, and would say $5 is a decent price, but you have to be into stuff like that. This is keeping in mind that at $5 I consider the price to be effectively "not applicable", and that time investment vs enjoyment is the primary criteria. And it would be cool with Rift.
Well, for a buck I don't think I can complain much, lol

And I'm not sure if I'm into that kind of abstract/artsy stuff or not. Probably not.

Lotto

What an amazing Humble Bundle! Only owned Dear Esther from it so decided to go for it
wish I could put down more, only able to put $10 :[

Hey guys, I recently bought a desktop and all of a sudden I have a bunch of PC games thanks to Humble Bundles and other sales. I play almost everything through Steam - so what's this card business? Is it just for high profile games?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Hey guys, I recently bought a desktop and all of a sudden I have a bunch of PC games thanks to Humble Bundles and other sales. I play almost everything through Steam - so what's this card business? Is it just for high profile games?

It'll eventually be for any game that wants it (as achievements and cloud save support are now), but right now it's in beta so it's just a select handful of Valve games, one independent game (Don't Starve), and now Borderlands 2.

cicero

It is currently something that is available for Team Fortress 2, DOTA 2, Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, Portal 2, Half-Life 2, Borderlands 2, and Don't Starve. You get them by idling or playing in the game. You can trade them for other cards to complete sets that allow you to craft Steam badges which also give you Steam Profile XP which allows you to add "Showcases" to your profile (once you reach levels 10, 20, etc) which show off various aspects of your Steam account or achievements etc that you can pick. It is entirely non-essential but essential for some, which makes the cards somewhat worthwhile in that you can sell them through the Steam market and the credit you make goes directly into your Steam wallet.

Read up with the official page here. I'm sure that someone can help you out with an invite you will need to the Steam Trading Card Beta Group which will allow you to get card drops.

Plus in order to get cards in F2P games like Dota 2 and TF2, you need to spend money to get card drops.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Some free codes, just post below if you've nabbed any :)

Alan Wake Collectors Edition:

Alan Wake American Nightmare:

Blades Of Time - Limited Edition:

Dear Esther:

Hotline Miami:

Dr Dogg

Valve also takes a cut of anything sold on the marketplace as well.

So any DOTA2/TF2 items you purchase or any cards you sell, Valve takes a cut.

That's fair enough. Any idea how much Valve take? Is it a fixed percentage or price or variable per the type of item?

Some free codes, just post below if you've nabbed any :)

Alan Wake Collectors Edition:

Alan Wake American Nightmare:

Blades Of Time - Limited Edition:

Dear Esther:

Hotline Miami:

Dear Esther is already gone. :(

Thanks for putting it up though. Seems that whoever nabbed it didn't post to thank you.

EDIT: I'd kindly accept (and play) a Dear Esther code if anyone has an extra. Thanks.

BadAss2961

Just started Hotline Miami, I can definitely see the appeal.

What's with the resolution though? It's obviously low on my end, and I can't change it. Steam overlay is also off (shifted to the right) when I check it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom