• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 II - ITT we buy $1 games and complain about them

Status
Not open for further replies.

derExperte

Exciting news: Uplay now shows games bought on Steam. It also starts games started through Steam without having to click on play. And you can activate product codes! It also looks nicer.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Exciting news: Uplay now shows games bought on Steam. It also starts games started through Steam without having to click on play. And you can activate product codes! It also looks nicer.

Cool, I'll have to check this out. I never felt like doing it the old way.

Nabs

Oh great. Lets see if I can find my Ass Creed 1 & 2 codes, since my 30 days ran out 3 years ago.

Ass Creed 1 isn't valid but Ass Creed 2 seems to register fine.

How do I start games through steam without clicking to play?

Edit: Oh no wait it does it automatically after I update uplay.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Goodness. Was bored so I tried out Thomas Was Alone expecting to not enjoy it, but it is AMAZING. I absolutely love it. So anyone who got the HB that was planning to just let it rot in their Steam library, at least fire it up and try it out (it's only 168mb anyways).

The soundtrack is fantastic too.
So glad to read this. It's one of my favorite experiences this year, such an enjoyable little game. I'd buy the DLC on Steam day one.

EDIT: huge thanks to MMBosstones86 for gifting me Proteus! To pay it forward, I'm giving away Thomas Was Alone. There's only one condition: that you promise to play it (how long is up to you). I usually don't care if people play the stuff I gift or not, but since this is in my opinion an amazing little gem, I'd like the person who gets it to experience and enjoy it like I did.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Goodness. Was bored so I tried out Thomas Was Alone expecting to not enjoy it, but it is AMAZING. I absolutely love it. So anyone who got the HB that was planning to just let it rot in their Steam library, at least fire it up and try it out (it's only 168mb anyways).

The soundtrack is fantastic too.

game is blowing me away

HoosTrax

All I can say is, I'm not nearly as happy-go-lucky as Thomas is, and I would have left Chris's sorry fatass behind by now if it were up to me...

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
All I can say is, I'm not nearly as happy-go-lucky as Thomas is, and I would have left Chris's sorry fatass behind by now if it were up to me...
Well... nah, I won't say nothing until you finish the game :p

It's incredible that a bunch of squares can have more personality than many characters from other games. You really grow to care for the little guys.

xelios

Steam sales recap. Can't believe it hit the character limit.

New:

[Amazon]
[Gamefly] - use code GFDMAY20 for an additional 20% off
[GMG] - use code GMG20-LLASD-D8WBQ for an additional 20% off
[Groupees Sherlock Holmes Bundle]
  • Build Your Own Bundle: $0.75 - $4.50
    • Dracula: Origin
    • Sherlock Holmes and the Hound of the Baskervilles
    • Sherlock Holmes: Nemesis
    • Sherlock Holmes: The Awakened
    • Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Mummy
    • Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet
    • Sherlock Holmes: The Silver Earring
    • Sherlock Holmes Versus Jack the Ripper
[Humble Indie Bundle 8]

• $1.00+
    • Awesomenauts
    • Awesomenauts: Cluck DLC
    • Capsized
    • Dear Esther
    • Little Inferno
    • Thomas Was Alone
  • $5.70+
    • Hotline Miami
    • Proteus
-----------

Existing:

[Amazon]
[Gamersgate] - use code elder-geek.com for an additional 5% off
[Gamestop] - 50% off Square-Enix sale
[Groupees Be Mine 8]
  • $1.00
    • Fairy Bloom Freesia
    • Patrician IV: Steam Special Edition
    • Patrician IV: Rise of a Dynasty DLC
    • Slam Bolt Scrappers
    • Karateka
  • $5.00+
    • Blood Bowl Legendary Edition
    • Drakensang
    • Blades of Time Limited Edition
    • Mystery Game ? Meta of 70+ // Hint: Light
[Humble Bundle Weekly] - LAST DAY
  • $1.00+
    • Alan Wake Collector's Edition
    • Alan Wake's American Nightmare
[Nuuvem]
[Bundle Stars]

• Outlaws Bundle - $0.98
    • P.A.M.
    • Pacific Storm
    • RIP Trilogy
    • Robin Hood: The Legend of Sherwood
  • Stellar Bundle - $0.98
    • Alien Hallway
    • Alien Shooter Revisited
    • Zombie Shooter
    • Zombie Shooter 2
  • Indie Jam - $6.30
    • Dead Horde
    • Future Wars
    • Greed: Black Border
    • Grotesque Tactics
    • Grotesque Tactics 2
    • Stellar Impact
    • Trapped Dead
    • Trauma
    • Twin Sector
    • Unstoppable Gorg
  • Indie Jam 2 - $4.96
    • Ion Assault
    • Iron Grip: Warlord
    • Nuclear Dawn
    • Planets Under Attack
    • Shattered Horizon
    • Two Worlds II
    • Two Worlds II: Castle Defense DLC
    • X-Blades
[IndieGala Store]
[Play Injector Bundle]
  • $1.00
    • Alien Shooter
    • Alien Shooter 2
    • Zombie Shooter

xelios

Just a heads up that these sales should be starting on Amazon tonight, and if you have any of the $5 Rockstar credits you should be able to use them where applicable:

5/29-5/31

vazel

Banned
I'll get Max Payne 2. My dogs pissed all over my Max Payne 2 box and now it's all yellow. It's a shame too, that was a good looking box for a PC game.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Just started The Longest Journey, and it has some nice humor. The beginning is WEEEEIRD, but now it feels more "normal", so to speak. I think I may enjoy it, only time will tell.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Just started The Longest Journey, and it has some nice humor. The beginning is WEEEEIRD, but now it feels more "normal", so to speak. I think I may enjoy it, only time will tell.

I got turned off by the title and How Long to Beat confirming that it is indeed a long journey. I can't do adventure games that are like more than 4 hours long.

feel

Mmm.. I wonder if I can buy Max Payne 2 for $2.50 and then get the $5 coupon and use it to buy Max Payne 3 for $5.

Also play Thomas Was Alone from the bundle guys, I'm playing it right now and it's sooooo good! <3

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I got turned off by the title and How Long to Beat confirming that it is indeed a long journey. I can't do adventure games that are like more than 4 hours long.
I'm scared of looking at it, and then convincing myself that it's indeed too long and I'll never finish the game. I'd rather play it for as long as I can.

And thanks to everybody that talked recently about Thomas Was Alone's soundtrack, I had forgotten it was that good. Downloaded it from Humble Bundle, skimmed through the songs and now I feel like replaying it. So beautiful.

~20 hours, more if you get stuck. There is a lot going on there.
Fuck :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom