• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 II - ITT we buy $1 games and complain about them

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Wait a sec, I'm having a seizure.

Counterstrike with ads? why :(

I don't think she's arguing for them to be included in CS, but rather just acknowledging how jarring it is to have in your possession a weapon with a sight and not being able to use it.

HoosTrax

Wait a sec, I'm having a seizure.

Counterstrike with ads? why :(
Well I don't know if you count zoom scopes as "ADS". I just meant that a lot of the weapons are fire-from-the-hip, which feels wrong to me.
I don't think he's arguing for them to be included in CS, but rather just acknowledging how jarring it is to have in your possession a weapon with a sight and not being able to use it.
I should de-friend you for calling me a he.

JaseC

Well I don't know if you count zoom scopes as "ADS". I just meant that a lot of the weapons are fire-from-the-hip, which feels wrong to me.

I should de-friend you for calling me a he.

I should de-friend this keyboard... but I don't have a spare one.

Uiki

I don't think he's arguing for them to be included in CS, but rather just acknowledging how jarring it is to have in your possession a weapon with a sight and not being able to use it.

And that's why I'm baffled...it implies that cs with ads will result in a better "gun feeling".

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Gunpoint is great, I'm sure all the narrative stuff is fine but I'm just skipping by all of it. It seems to just get in the way of the fun. I suppose that's the sign of a really amazing game when you want to skip all the story just to play it.
Nope, that's really not.

Though it can be amazing despite having a dreadful story/plot, like Mirror's Edge.

HoosTrax

And that's why I'm baffled...it implies that cs with ads will result in a better "gun feeling".
I have no idea what "gun feeling" is supposed to constitute, but I do find the aiming in games like BF2 and ARMA III to be more natural, yes.

CS is what is it, in terms of playstyle. Is Destiny supposed to be a Halo clone in terms of gameplay, or is it supposed to be its own thing?

Uiki

I have no idea what "gun feeling" is supposed to constitute, but I do find the aiming in games like BF2 and ARMA III to be more natural, yes.

CS is what is it, in terms of playstyle. Is Destiny supposed to be a Halo clone in terms of gameplay, or is it supposed to be its own thing?

I was hoping in an halo feeling to it.

Or at least in an FPS without ads like they were used to do before destiny.

JaseC

first time I read this, I was curious how having doritos billboards in cs would help with gun feel.

The update also includes new sound effects that replace those of gun fire with those of Doritos being crunched. Every weapon has a distinctive crunch!

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Lolol are people seriously equating Halo multiplayer with CS?

Gunplay in multiplayer just went downhill as the series went on so I hope Destiny can actually make things interesting again.

KingKong

The reason ADS is bad in what was presumably a Halo style game is that it should involve more movement during combat and ADS encourages standing still

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Bundle Stars #8: Atomic Indie - $5.00
  • Dino D-Day
  • Disciples III: Resurrection
  • Dream Pinball 3D
  • Imperium Romanum: Gold Edition
  • Insecticide
  • Legendary
  • Section 8
  • Spacechem
  • The First Templar Steam Special Edition
  • Tropico Trilogy
    • Tropico
    • Tropico 2: Pirate Cove
    • Tropico 3: Steam Special Edition
    • Tropico 3: Absolute Power

Grief.exe

ADS = aiming down sights?

I'm not seeing the problem, if that's what it means. I find it way more jarring when a game doesn't have aiming down the sights, like CS:GO for many weapons.

ADS makes multiplayer games less dynamic and drops the skill ceiling.

It goes from Halo, where you are jumping around and shooting, to just standing still and shooting.

In my opinion, not as fun to play.

I think ADS has its place in single player games with an emphasis on atmosphere and realistic multiplayer games. Not competitive multiplayer.

We will see at E3. One of the only gameplay footage we have seen had the standard Halo reticle.
Could be placeholder, or maybe they have the BioShock Infinite system where you can use the reticle or ADS without penalty.

JaseC

• Bundle Stars #8: Atomic Indie - $5.00
    • Dino D-Day
    • Dream Pinball 3D
    • Insecticide
    • Legendary
    • Section 8
    • Spacechem
    • Tropico Trilogy
      • Tropico

If anyone ends up with a copy of Dream Pinball 3D they don't want I'll take it.

Cheers, bought for Dream Pinball and The First Templar... whenever the site decides to load.

sibarraz

Banned
  • Dino D-Day
  • Dream Pinball 3D
  • Insecticide
  • Legendary
  • Section 8
  • Spacechem
  • Tropico Trilogy
    • Tropico

Tropico Series?

Shit, that's an amazing bundle, but I hadn't played any game of the last bundle star pack (I got it for free so I'm not whining)

How long is the duration of Two Worlds II?

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Bundle In A Box happy hour is on which makes it $0.99 for the following instead of $1.99:

• Blackwell Convergence
  • Blackwell Deception
  • Blackwell Legacy
  • Blackwell Unbound
  • Hacker Evolution Untold

Probably as cheap as anyone who doesn't own the Blackwells will get them.

• Dino D-Day
  • Dream Pinball 3D
  • Insecticide
  • Legendary
  • Section 8
  • Spacechem
  • Tropico Trilogy
    • Tropico

only want Tropico, boo.

Also, Thanks a bunch xelios for posting these....would be missing a lot of deals if weren't bring them here!

Ducktales confirmed for PC, Steam, Origin.

452f91211de1a13b9d66fb721434fc8e.jpg

http://www.capcom-unity.com/xantista/blog/2013/06/04/ducktales-remastered-confirmed-for-pc

FACE

Banned

http://fast1.onesite.com/capcom-unity.com/user/xantista/blog_photos/452f91211de1a13b9d66fb721434fc8e.jpg?v=225000[IMG]

[url]http://www.capcom-unity.com/xantista/blog/2013/06/04/ducktales-remastered-confirmed-for-pc[/url][/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://i.minus.com/ibfplCHNPfbBCG.gif

JaseC

Capcom has two VTAs sitting in the registry. I assume one of those is DuckTales and the other Dragon's Dogma.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)

http://fast1.onesite.com/capcom-unity.com/user/xantista/blog_photos/452f91211de1a13b9d66fb721434fc8e.jpg?v=225000[IMG]

[url]http://www.capcom-unity.com/xantista/blog/2013/06/04/ducktales-remastered-confirmed-for-pc[/url][/QUOTE]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/eoZRGCH.gif

Acorn

So I completed Dead Rising Off The Record. I really quite enjoyed it, I don't know why it got slated in the reviews.

Capcom Comp has two unnamed listings. One is presumably the just-announced PC port of DuckTales and the other the PC port of Dragon's Dogma Capcom UK probably-kinda-sorta-maybe accidentally confirmed late last year.

Dragon's Dogma PC?
rCcmpHJ.jpg

So I completed Dead Rising Off The Record. I really quite enjoyed it, I don't know why it got slated in the reviews.

Yup, Off the Record is a 9/10 game to me. It was probably getting bashed because of how it reuses most of the assets in the game before it.

Grief.exe

Probably because it was $40 for the same game with a different character and some different scenarios.

I'm sure you picked it up in the range of $5-$10 so it didn't bother you.

I'm just playing Devil's Advocate here, I've never actually played OTR. I did enjoy playing co-op with my friend in the base game though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom