• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 II - ITT we buy $1 games and complain about them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

He's ignoring the chat too so he doesn't know we can't see!

So far from the audio I can tell that the game has to do with memory (so the name "Remember Me" makes sense), and there are lots of fight sounds so it's probably a beat 'em up game. I think there's some energetic music durings fights which is pretty cool, actually.

It's a decent simulation of what it would be like to be blind in a cyberpunk world in which you're fighting thugs.

Here is Total Biscuit doing a quick look

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YukHxeAchzI

Just beat DmC, and it was a pretty alright game.

+ Visually the environments were pretty awesome and varied.
+ The Dante/Vergil dynamic was cool. I want to see more of the two of them.
+ Smooth as hell framerate, except for one level. Although, I think that might as been an issue on my end.
+The acting was actually really good.

= Combat was kinda alright. Not bad, but could stand to be better.
= Music was fun. Nothing to write home about, but lent a good amount of atmosphere to the game.

- Boss fights sucked. They weren't a test of combat skills and more just platforming segments.
- Levels could have been streamlined a bit more. Too much walking down an empty hallway.
- The twist was pretty obvious.
- Awkward lines of diaglogue. Tried too hard to be edgy when it could have done the same with as many "fuck yous."

Overall: Solid game, but not worth the current going price. Best bet is at $20.

I give it 3 fuck yous out of 5 bitches.

vitaminwateryum

corporate swill
I hear sound, but the video is solid black. I'd like to see!

Same. Thought it was just me.

Solid black screen...I've played this game before too!

Ya, its 'called closing your eyes.'

What a good game, 10/10 will play again.

Apparently I had to restart Xsplit twice for it to realize that I had a license again. Gameplay should be up now, if anyone is still interested.

FloatOn

+ Smooth as hell framerate, except for one level. Although, I think that might as been an issue on my end.

= Music was fun. Nothing to write home about, but lent a good amount of atmosphere to the game.

- Boss fights sucked. They weren't a test of combat skills and more just platforming segments.
- Levels could have been streamlined a bit more. Too much walking down an empty hallway.
- Awkward lines of diaglogue. Tried too hard to be edgy when it could have done the same with as many "fuck yous."

I've never played a Devil May Cry game but this one kind of interests me. I'm hoping for $20 or less during the summer sale.

Grief.exe

Dammit

Now I am disappointed for the inevitable PC version's PVP potential.

In the most recent issue of GameInformer a piece on Destiny appears. Most of the information is not new but one piece is. It is said in passing that in Destiny players will be able to utilize “iron sights” within the game. Essentially this means ADS and is a departure from Bungie’s previous implementation of gunplay in the Halo series.

Currently the Destiny community is buzzing about this. Personally I’ve played enough games with ADS that doing it in a Bungie game is a non-issue. One thing to consider is the that because loot and gear is going to be a big part in the game ADS gives Bungie a great way to customize weapons utilizing it. Similar to the different scopes and “iron sights” in a game like Borderlands. They can increase or decrease accuracy through this method.

Forum goer SPQR Praetor has posted a rather insightful thread in our forums regarding the different implementations of aiming and gunplay in FPS titles. It’s definitely worth a read. We have also decided to make this topic or Pillar of Destiny topic for episode 3 of Guardian Radio so be sure to tune in Monday.

http://theguardiansofdestiny.com/2013/03/07/destiny-will-have-ads/

Grief.exe

thats sucks they are copying cod.now no one these days do their own thing.

Hype deflated.

Iron Sights

Great for atmosphere in single player games and realistic simulators (examples: Arma, Red Orchestra)

Bad for competitive multiplayer games.

Destiny will be about cooperative modes as well, but there will be a competitive element. Sad to see Bungie dumbing down.

FloatOn

Hype deflated.

Iron Sights

Great for atmosphere in single player games and realistic simulators (examples: Arma, Red Orchestra)

Destiny will be about cooperative modes as well, but there will be a competitive element. Sad to see Bungie dumbing down.

it was a drag in Bioshock Infinite too

Grief.exe

it was a drag in Bioshock Infinite too

I thought the implementation was perfect in Infinite.

The reticle worked just fine, you were never required to ADS unless you were using sniper rifle.

There was no contrived 'hip fire' where you bullets go in random vectors out from the reticle.

If you need the crutch, then it was there. If you don't, then you are not required to.

I personally put the ADS button on the 'V' key and my powers on the right click.

tuseday

Neo Member
Hype deflated.

Iron Sights

What if movement wasn't slowed in ADS?

iavi

This is my exact sentiment. The combat was good in the vanilla game, but the Vergil DLC was a big step-up. Definitely interested in seeing where they take the series.

Caerith

Has any game ever done that before?

I feel like it wouldn't work for a verity of reasons, but mainly, if movement were the same, then why have the ADS mechanic at all?
Well, it makes sense to have actively aiming slow down your movement in stuff (read: RPGs) like New Vegas, since you're trading mobility for accuracy (same with crouching there to steady your aim). Destiny is an upcoming RPG, yes? I haven't played a shooter in years, but I clearly remember them to be no-holds-barred adrenaline-fueled thrillrides (a la Quake and Unreal Tournament), so I'm pretty sure any shooters they make nowadays must be completely ballin'.

xJavonta

Banned

I feel like it wouldn't work for a verity of reasons, but mainly, if movement were the same, then why have the ADS mechanic at all?

MW3 indirectly did it. There was a perk that sped up the walking speed during ADS. It was actually pretty fucking awesome

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I'm not a fan of GamersGate's full-size background image links. I always seem to accidentally click on it somehow.

zkylon

zkylewd
I'm not a fan of GamersGate's full-size background image links. I always seem to accidentally click on it somehow.

hey dude you gotta compete with steam somehow

can't be all ad free and minimalistic in this world

but yea it's pretty fucking annoying

cicero

Apparently I had to restart Xsplit twice for it to realize that I had a license again. Gameplay should be up now, if anyone is still interested.

So I saw your post just now and loaded the page up and there isn't even a black screen. 'OFFLINE', but I still get the ads. Am I a donkey that you would tempt me with dangled carrots tied to a stick that you then beat me with?

Back to FTL, where the only promises made are those of Space Glory, or Glorious Space Death, and in Space, promises are always kept. I shalt venture forth again in my Slug vessel, the Spaceworthy 'S.S. Salt Lick', led by the ever stalwart Captain Starlington McCrunches. 'Remember Me'? Not in the cold black dark of Space, friend. The best that one hopes for is that when they find your derelict ship drifting in Space, and your body, still grasping the helm in a furious death grip, that your face is still recognizable, despite being forever stilled in a lusty laughing rictus, eternally roaring at the ever shifting Space Fates. Like Brian Blessed, drunk and naked, howling at the moon, which he is deadly certain is a renegade, and eventual betrayer of all men.

Grief.exe

I'm thinking of getting Showdown Effect and Mount & Blade from Greenmangaming, which versions should I get?
http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/om/en/pc/games/action/showdown-effect/
http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/om/en/pc/games/action/showdown-effect-deluxe-edition/
^Regular or Deluxe for Showdown?

Should I get both Mount and blade games or just Warbound?
http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/om/en/pc/games/strategy/mount-and-blade-collection/

Warband is all that is needed.

I recently played Dear Esther, and I'll explain it like this:
It was relaxing game, and an experience in which you don't need to think much. It was nice putting together the story told throughout it as well. All together, I put about an hour and a half into it.

I does demand some thinking to get the story right, though... The whole comatose wife part is obvious, but figuring out who the characters are is quite a challenge. An astounding little game, imo.

Deques

I'm thinking of getting Showdown Effect and Mount & Blade from Greenmangaming, which versions should I get?
http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/om/en/pc/games/action/showdown-effect-deluxe-edition/

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/om/en/pc/games/strategy/mount-and-blade-collection/

The completionist in me says get the Deluxe version

zkylon

zkylewd

just get warband. the first m&b game is basically warband lite and with fire and sword is warband with shitty old ass guns. you can also get the napoleon wars dlc if you're interested in multiplayer

but man warband is such a joy of a game, if you have the taste for it you'll enjoy it tremendously

can't wait for m&b2... I heard they were having some development issues and delays, I hope it's still going :/

panda21

whats up with remember me in the UK?

it has been moved from the coming soon page, it says it was released 4 June, and its available to pre-order..

Tak3n

Banned
Gunpoint is such a great game. I almost went for The Swapper but one has a demo and the other doesn't so...

I really enjoyed the swapper, finished it in 3 nights... it looks and feels wonderful, and has a great storyline, with an incredible ending...

however they are both puzzlers

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Fallout New Vegas - Special price: US$ 6.90 (GBP~4.53) from Play-Asia.

Good price?

You'll be able to snap up the Ultimate Edition (game + DLC) for at least ~$10 during the Summer Sale. A little less, even, if it goes for 75% off rather than 66%.

Gunpoint is great, I'm sure all the narrative stuff is fine but I'm just skipping by all of it. It seems to just get in the way of the fun. I suppose that's the sign of a really amazing game when you want to skip all the story just to play it.

Uiki

Mw3 has the same movement speed in ADS with a specific perk. Once you try it, you can't go back to normal, everything seems so slow...

But sucks for ADS in destiny, halo was perfect the way it was.

HoosTrax

ADS = aiming down sights?

I'm not seeing the problem, if that's what it means. I find it way more jarring when a game doesn't have aiming down the sights, like CS:GO for many weapons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom