• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 II - ITT we buy $1 games and complain about them

Status
Not open for further replies.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
smh

O9SYdfC.jpg
I can't believe you didn't like that game. It's hard as fuck, but it's so good. And the soundtrack kicks ass.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Company of Heroes 2 Open Beta Installer: steam://run/231430

6.3GB separate install, so even if you have the most recent Closed Stress Beta Test client you'll need to download this.

This installs to the library entry for Company of Heroes 2 proper, so it may also double as a de facto pre-load, at least to some extent.

amrod

These games now have Trading Cards, Emoticons, Profile Backgrounds and Badges to collect:

Monster Loves You!
Really Big Sky
Faerie Solitaire
BIT.TRIP RUNNER 2

Grief.exe

Trading Card update.

These games now have Trading Cards, Emoticons, Profile Backgrounds and Badges to collect:
Monster Loves You!
Really Big Sky
Faerie Solitaire
BIT.TRIP RUNNER 2
Big thanks goes to the developers for building the sets so quick.

We've been working on the tools for developers to add Trading Cards for their game, and have been getting a great response. We're hoping to release new sets of Trading Cards twice a week, every Tuesday and Thursday.

edit: beatan

Damn x2

A GAF friend just messaged me on Steam that he's been getting random PMs from sulc84 begging for keys. He sent them to me and it's pretty pathetic.

It seems this guy has been taking advantage of everyone's kindness, even to the extent of taking multiples of the same keys. Good to see him outed.
Has anyone informed a Mod yet?

Taking multiple keys is just scummy.

PC-GAF is one of the most generous communities online. I have received several free keys myself throughout my time here. I have also given free keys to other members. It looks like this dude found a way to abuse the system to get free games.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
A GAF friend just messaged me on Steam that he's been getting random PMs from sulc84 begging for keys. He sent them to me and it's pretty pathetic.

It seems this guy has been taking advantage of everyone's kindness, even to the extent of taking multiples of the same keys. Good to see him outed.

I haven't wanted to say anything since when he first showed up I noticed his penchant for asking for keys but I didn't realize that here we are, months and months later and he's still doing nothing but key begging.

Alert the Bish.

Tomodachi

PC-GAF is one of the most generous communities online. I have received several free keys myself throughout my time here. I have also given free keys to other members. It looks like this dude found a way to abuse the system to get free games.
I'll probably only use PM for handing keys from now on. I don't mind people not thanking for grabbing those and it's an hassle using PM back and forth but hell, I find this abusing insufferable.

IIRC he was already called out on this very thread but for some reason he wasn't banned at the time.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
I'll probably only use PM for handing keys from now on. I don't mind people not thanking for grabbing those and it's an hassle using PM back and forth but hell, I find this abusing insufferable.

IIRC he was already called out on this very thread but for some reason he wasn't banned at the time.

Yeah I started to do PMs as well, since rarely would people even post to say thank you. This way they don't have any choice.

And as for sulc84, taking multiples of the same keys from people and sending unsolicited PMs begging for keys is pretty damning.

Yeah I started to do PMs as well, since rarely would people even post to say thank you. This way they don't have any choice.

And as for sulc84, taking multiples of the same keys from people and sending unsolicited PMs begging for keys is pretty damning.

Q : Is this bannable...or just generally douchy behavior?

Not enough to play a Faerie edition.

enough to Idle a Faerie edition??

If I want to buy digitally from Gamefly (want the Serious Sam games), do I have to subscribe to their service? Or do I just pay the price listed and activate the keys on Steam?

It says I have a partial account, is that the free trial?

Refyref

So I thought I didn't have Oil Rush from the newly added HIB games, but it turns out I have. If anyone wants it, quote me with a picture of an oil barrel from any videogame.

sunnz

When can one expect the summer sale?

I REALLY REALLY want to buy Driver: SF for some reason but wonder if I should wait it out for a sale.

Tomodachi

If I want to buy digitally from Gamefly (want the Serious Sam games), do I have to subscribe to their service? Or do I just pay the price listed and activate the keys on Steam?

It says I have a partial account, is that the free trial?

If the game page says "This title installs and requires the Steam Client to play." you're fine, no need to install gamefly's client. You get the steam key in your orders history like 10 minutes or less after the purchase.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom