• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 II - ITT we buy $1 games and complain about them

Status
Not open for further replies.

dot

Oh god Faerie Solitaire cards are selling for way too much because it just went live. I wish I was home

How the heck are people getting the cards already? The cards just went up... and i'm pretty sure i started up my game like 30 seconds after the announcement popped up.

Tomodachi

4 new games with Trading Cards

Monster Loves You!
Really Big Sky
Faerie Solitaire
BIT.TRIP RUNNER 2

edit: beatan

I played (and liked, if anyone's wondering) Really Big Sky on Vita but I already owned it on Steam so... it's idle time! Same for Faerie.

And I just added Monster Loves You! to my wishlist just because of cards. What have you done to me Garry :(

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
anybody want a -50% System Shock 2 coupon?

it's only valid till next saturday and i have no use for it...

just send me a pm...

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Hhnnnngg... EVE for the price I like.

Every expansion is free on EVE, right?

What happens if I buy the game, but don't install? Will I waste my 15 free days?

Lotto

Out of curiosity, who is the Humble Artist who draws those neat little thumbnails for each game?

This thread moves so fast but in case you didn't get your answer yet, I believe this is the man you're looking for:
Niklas Jansson
website: http://androidarts.com/ http://androidarts.com/HIB2/

I don't know if he continues to do it for the new bundles but the style is pretty similar (this bundle looks like a different artist though).

sibarraz

Banned
How it's possible to be in trade probation in steam? at least the system seems to be decent enough to know where you are exchanging stuff

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Monster Loves You has an amazing acoustic guitar title theme, shame I can't find it on YT to share.

Twinduct

Yeah bad apples will ruin the good nature for most people. Hell one of the main reasons I stopped posting shit was due to stuff being taken without a damn word. Also stopped doing it on the steamchat room. Then again have not really been there at all in a long time.

Zeknurn

I stopped buying indie bundles a long time ago when everyone and their mum started making them. Looks like it's going to come back and bite me in the ass now that every indie game is getting trading cards.

Sober

More cards? I better get in on this phenomenon, as I haven't gone to get any yet.

If more devs jump on this will be cool. Hoping some of the bigger AAA devs take some time to do a few, would help incentivize people to buy games during sales.

OK, Oil Rush and Dear Esther keys up for grabs for anyone who may want them.

Dear Esther is two-three hours long and beautiful.

Oil Rush is 8-9 hours long, and is a mediocre RTS with some good ideas.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
I have yet to get a Foil card, but when I do - it will be for a game that no one in their right mind would ever want to complete a Foil badge for.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I'd thought Valve employees would have a special Valve badge, however it seems they just get the more general Steamworks Developer badge.

Pardon my ignorance, but how does trading Steam cards work? I currently have 4 cards for HL2 because of me playing the game. However, Steam says I don't have any remaining drops for the game anymore and that I have to trade to get the rest of the HL2 cards.

If I trade my card with another person, do I still keep that card myself, or is it gone from my inventory? If the latter, how are you suppose to get all cards if you never can extra?

xelios

I don't think Steam lets you run two games at once. It will just deny you, if you try to start another one.

I'm running 4 atm. I've had that error before but it was with two of the same game or Valve titles, I believe.

eyeless

He's also very active on Reddit, but only in the subreddits and topics that are giving away free keys.
ahaha i hadn't thought to google the name, i'm not going to link all examples of it but here's him getting banned on another forum for doing what he does http://www.forumopolis.com/showthread.php?t=94357&page=29 and another http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=84737111, he's banned from the steam forums and it was for posting used keys it looks like http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10385237&postcount=839

anyway if you want to be amused google his username

Caerith

It took me around 13 hours so you're about right. It's pretty addicting too!
I have 15 hours in it and 28/30 achievements. The last two achievements (collect all the eggs), well, I've read on the Steam forums that you're looking at like 170 hours to join the Faerie Solitaire 100% Club.

Grief.exe

I'd thought Valve employees would have a special Valve badge, however it seems they just get the more general Steamworks Developer badge.

I thought they were different

ckTyhVg.png

WZYKsOB.png

dave is ok

aztek is ok
From reddit
List of games for which trading cards will be added:
Awesomenauts
Thomas Was Alone
Deadlight
Hack, Slash, Loot
Rise of the Triad
Sanctum, Super Sanctum TD, Sanctum 2
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Unknown Digital Tribe Games game

cicero

missed that..

You are like an annoying broken record. Why not try to be part of the community instead of basically having only posts requesting games and mentioning how you missed free games? I quickly scanned over your post history and found maybe 8-9 non-game giveaway related posts out of 70. wth, man. wth.

Pardon my ignorance, but how does trading Steam cards work? I currently have 4 cards for HL2 because of me playing the game. However, Steam says I don't have any remaining drops for the game anymore and that I have to trade to get the rest of the HL2 cards.

If I trade my card with another person, do I still keep that card myself, or is it gone from my inventory? If the latter, how are you suppose to get all cards if you never can extra?

It's gone for good. Honestly, the easiest way to get cards is to buy the remainders off of the Marketplace, or ask people who don't want them.

xelios

I'm getting cards running 4 games at once so yes, for people wondering, you can run them all at once.

=

From reddit
List of games for which trading cards will be added:
Awesomenauts
Thomas Was Alone
Deadlight
Hack, Slash, Loot
Rise of the Triad
Sanctum, Super Sanctum TD, Sanctum 2
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Unknown Digital Tribe Games game

I might actually try to get the badge for Thomas Was Alone. I'll have to get some cards from other games to trade.

Caerith

Yeah bad apples will ruin the good nature for most people. Hell one of the main reasons I stopped posting shit was due to stuff being taken without a damn word. Also stopped doing it on the steamchat room. Then again have not really been there at all in a long time.
It's why I don't post keys. And I'm honestly surprised this discussion has gone on this long and no one has ridden to capitalism's defense.

Once you trade a card away, it's gone. You're supposed to play a different game and then trade the cards from that game for the HL2 cards you're missing, or just buy them on the market. I'm sorry this isn't the answer you were hoping for, but this is the economist's game.

Edit: Beaten.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom