• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 II - ITT we buy $1 games and complain about them

Status
Not open for further replies.

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.

sibarraz

Banned
Well I recovered my inversion with faerie solitaire, since it cost me one dollar thanks to a coupon from.... buying cards

Inception

Dear Gaben,
"first time setup" needs to go.

With love,
your friend Tomodachi.

Oh. So you're ready to update your DirectX and whatever other black magic used to get screwed up with every PC install manually instead of having it automated and just have everything work? That sounds.... not so good.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
I have 15 hours in it and 28/30 achievements. The last two achievements (collect all the eggs), well, I've read on the Steam forums that you're looking at like 170 hours to join the Faerie Solitaire 100% Club.

I have decided that it will be done. Atm I have around 5 pages of pets fully evolved.

Tomodachi

How else is it going to set up the first time?

I don't think it has anything to do with Valve.

Oh. So you're ready to update your DirectX and whatever other black magic used to get screwed up with every PC install manually instead of having it automated and just have everything work? That sounds.... not so good.

Isn't there any other way? I read somewhere that each game installs peculiar directx libraries so having them up to date isn't always enough and I can understand that, but some games like Really Big Sky have a 5 step first time installation, installing stuff I don't have a clue what it's about (I read something like msi-someletters.exe). I know it depends on the developers to optimize this things but this really makes Big Picture Mode a problem when you try different new, little games in a short while.

Couldn't Valve impose some limitations on this? Maybe a way to automatically perform these steps in background right after the game is downloaded? I think trying to find a solution to this issue might be a priority for BPM's sake, since they seem to care so much about it.

I have some codes to give away.
Please try not to resell them.

Imperium Romanum: Gold edition
SpaceChem is already gone.
Disciples III: Resurrection is gone as well.

One per poster, send me a PM.

Smash88

Banned
Thanks Apostate for Dear Esther. :) <3

Also just finished installing Skyrim on my new PC:

6qewIVN.jpg

Dat Feel.

RS4-

I'm thinking I'm going to play Just Cause 2 after finishing Alan Wake.

Any visual mods I should look into?

Haven't played in a while, but I think I used the HD sky ones? Like the real clouds, sun, etc.

And re: running a few games at the same time for card purposes, I only have Faerie and Really Big Sky out of the four recently announced games, but those two work at the same time

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Isn't there any other way? I read somewhere that each game installs peculiar directx libraries so having them up to date isn't always enough and I can understand that, but some games like Really Big Sky have a 5 step first time installation, installing stuff I don't have a clue what it's about (I read something like msi-someletters.exe). I know it depends on the developers to optimize this things but this really makes Big Picture Mode a problem when you try different new, little games in a short while.

Couldn't Valve impose some limitations on this? Maybe a way to automatically perform these steps in background right after the game is downloaded? I think trying to find a solution to this issue might be a priority for BPM's sake, since they seem to care so much about it.

Switch to Linux. It'll solve your problems in two ways: 1) You'll no longer be beholden Microsoft's scattershot approach to just about everything; 2) No games to play in the first place.

HoosTrax

This thread moves so fast but in case you didn't get your answer yet, I believe this is the man you're looking for:
Niklas Jansson
website: http://androidarts.com/ http://androidarts.com/HIB2/

I don't know if he continues to do it for the new bundles but the style is pretty similar (this bundle looks like a different artist though).
Thanks! Always look forward to seeing the Humble artist rendition of the characters from the various games.

Tomodachi

Switch to Linux. It'll solve your problems in two ways: 1) You'll no longer be beholden Microsoft's scattershot approach to just about everything; 2) No games to play in the first place.
LOL. The second point you made popped in my mind as soon as I read the third word of your reply.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
These games now have Trading Cards, Emoticons, Profile Backgrounds and Badges to collect:

Monster Loves You!
Really Big Sky
Faerie Solitaire
BIT.TRIP RUNNER 2
OH YEAH. Time for a Perfect+ Hard playthrough, followed by an Easy one, while trying to collect the missing retro carts.

I'm missing Runner 2 and Monster Loves You, the latter of which, judging from a cursory glance, seems interesting.
Dude... You buy every single piece of shit there is on Steam, and yet you skipped this truly great game? What's wrong with you Jase? You didn't use to be like this :(

Somebody should remake the classic "... has no game" comic for linux with a penguin.

Smash88

Banned
With recent developments I'm going to ask people to quote and ask for the game. First come, first serve.

Tiny and Big in Granpda's Leftovers Steam Key - Sent

English Country Tune Steam Key - Sent

Intrusion 2 Steam Key - Sent

Oil Rush Steam Key - Sent

Are all up for grabs, quote and pick, and I'll PM you the key.

EDIT: Keys all gone.

eyeless

With recent developments I'm going to ask people to quote and ask for the game. First come, first serve.

Tiny and Big in Granpda's Leftovers Steam Key

English Country Tune Steam Key

Intrusion 2 Steam Key

Oil Rush Steam Key

Are all up for grabs, quote and pick, and I'll PM you the key.
i'd love intrusion 2

Autofokus

Glad I didn't give that sulc guy a key at my last giveaway. He sent me multiple PMs asking for different keys and even questioned me (why he didn't get any, claiming he must be the first one sending a PM etc.). Went right on my shitlist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom