• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 II - ITT we buy $1 games and complain about them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sober

Is the Civ 5 gold upgrade worth it for $5? Does it come with Gods and Kings, or vice versa does G&K come with the gold upgrades?
Yes, the upgrade pack is pretty much the gold edition minus base civ 5. You get everything that has been released up until now including G&K.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Yes, the upgrade pack is pretty much the gold edition minus base civ 5. You get everything that has been released up until now including G&K.
That's a nice price. Does it work with the GOTY edition aswell? I just need G&K, some friends keep bugging me about it. :p Where can you buy this gold upgrade? Couldn't find it on Steam or GreenManGaming.

Zia

"Penny Arcade 4" seems pretty cool so far. The score actually caught me off guard. HyperDuck have that earnest 1990s grandeur down pat.

Silly question about Civ V: do the Gold and Game of the Year editions gave different library icons?

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences

tjohn86

Which of these free Amazon promo games is worth grabbing?

Order this product between now and 6/14/2013 and receive a $2.99 promotional credit good towards your purchase of "Dynasty of Dusk", making your cost for "Dynasty of Dusk" $0.00. You will receive an email with your promotional code and redemption instructions. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Order this product between now and 6/10/2013 and receive a $14.95 promotional credit good towards your pre-order of "Huntsman: The Orphanage", making your pre-order cost $0.00. You will receive an email with your promotional code and redemption instructions. Qualifying credits for this promotion may only be used one at a time. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Order this product between now and 6/23/2013 and receive a $19.95 promotional credit good towards your purchase of "The Curse of Nordic Cove", making your purchase of "The Curse of Nordic Cove" $0.00. You will receive an email with your promotional code and redemption instructions. Qualifying credits for this promotion may only be used one at a time. Here's how (restrictions apply)

Sober

That's a nice price. Does it work with the GOTY edition aswell? I just need G&K, some friends keep bugging me about it. :p Where can you buy this gold upgrade? Couldn't find it on Steam or GreenManGaming.
I would assume so, since IIRC GOTY was just Civ 5 + all the DLC minus Korea at the time, which was what you had to also grab if you wanted G&K before they released a Gold upgrade.

It's still much cheaper because G&K alone is already 7.50$, even if you have most of the DLC from GOTY.

Nabs

Penny Arcade's On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness 4 is $4.49 (-10%)

Penny Arcade’s “On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness 4” concludes the saga of Tycho
Brahe, Scion of The Long Project, and his almost certainly human partner Jonathan Gabriel.
The world has been destroyed, but existence extends beyond this mortal plane in the
gruesome Underhell! The new game expands considerably on its predecessor in size, scope
and gameplay. Create the ultimate fighting force by recruiting bizarre, occasionally disgusting
monsters and teaming them up with the best trainer for the job!

kaleii

[Indie Royale]
  • Arclight Bundle - $4.51
    • AI War: Ancient Shadows
    • AI War: Fleet Command
    • AI War: Children of Neinzul
    • AI War: Light of the Spire
    • AI War: The Zenith Remnant
    • AI War: Vengeance of the Machine
    • A Valley Without Wind
    • A Valley Without Wind 2
    • Shattered Haven
    • Tidalis

I'm such a sucker for IndieRoyale that I buy these bundles before I even check the games nowadays. Ought to just have some subscription model for autobuying them ;)

Anyone know anything about these games at all? Shattered Haven looks kinda fun.

baconcow

Will the 5th AI War expansion become a Steam key from Indie Royale, when released on Steam? I've never bought from Indie Royale and know Humble does this.

Then why is the gold upgrade cheaper than g&k?

Actually looking at it both G&k and gold edition are $7.50, while the gold edition upgrade is only $5. Doesnt make any sense.

xelios

Thanks to MrOogieBoogie for the heads up that today was going to be a recap rather than just more dailies.

[Gamefly Summer Sale Recap] - use code GFDJUN20 or GFDJUN20UK for an additional 20% off

UK Link

Prices listed are already discounted with the extra 20%

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
Will the 5th AI War expansion become a Steam key from Indie Royale, when released on Steam? I've never bought from Indie Royale and know Humble does this.

royale does that mostly too... but it's a beta, so who knows

edit: beaten

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I would assume so, since IIRC GOTY was just Civ 5 + all the DLC minus Korea at the time, which was what you had to also grab if you wanted G&K before they released a Gold upgrade.

It's still much cheaper because G&K alone is already 7.50$, even if you have most of the DLC from GOTY.

Does the Gold Edition now include ALL of the DLC, except the one that just came out?

My friend (who only has Civ V) was wondering, and I don't remember what I did to gather all DLC for the game.

If anyone can get me sleeping dogs at that price I can trade something from steam (have steam credit) or my inventory from it just pm me if ya can (I have no credit card :( and it doesn't seem to be on the uk site)

drizzle

Axel Hertz
--NOT LIVE YET-- Give it about 15 minutes. There are a few errors/uncertainties with prices, so they'll be fixed when it goes live. Thanks to MrOogieBoogie for the heads up that today was going to be a recap rather than just more dailies.

[*]Bioshock: Infinite - $27.99
[*]Borderlands 2 - $10.87

Bioshock Infinite is a nice price, but I have a feeling that it's dropping price too rapidly. It'll eventually be even cheaper than that and with my backlog, I rather just wait.

Doesn't matter how much they price drop Borderlands 2, I'm not buying it: Season Pass and multiple DLCs not covered by the Season Pass are just way too complicated to keep track of. Will buy when there's a GOTY.

I guess that's what the Bold is for, but it's worth noting that this is the cheapest the game has ever been. It'll only go cheaper on Steam if it goes to 75% off, which will then be 5 bucks, for a whopping 43 cents discount.

Also the cheapest it has ever been. Being an Activision title, I don't know how long it'll take to go to the 7,50 sweet spot.

Penny Arcade's On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness 4 is $4.49 (-10%)

Penny Arcade’s “On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness 4” concludes the saga of Tycho
Brahe, Scion of The Long Project, and his almost certainly human partner Jonathan Gabriel.
The world has been destroyed, but existence extends beyond this mortal plane in the
gruesome Underhell! The new game expands considerably on its predecessor in size, scope
and gameplay. Create the ultimate fighting force by recruiting bizarre, occasionally disgusting
monsters and teaming them up with the best trainer for the job!

So, anyone know why 1 and 2 are $8, while 3 is $2.50 and 4 is $5? Seems odd.

Nabs

Man, after PAs scummy podcast-Kickstarter and a few recent assholish tweets from them I have a hard time supporting anything that has Penny Arcade in it's name. On the other hand I have a hard time not supporting something from Zeboyd. Will have to wait for a sale.

I bought it for Zeboyd.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Yesterday (Free Space):
rXOOO4j.png

Today (Number of Games):
q5xCcYp.jpg

What does it mean?

1-D_FTW

Then why is the gold upgrade cheaper than g&k?

Actually looking at it both G&k and gold edition are $7.50, while the gold edition upgrade is only $5. Doesnt make any sense.

Are you fucking kidding me? When did they do this? And why the fuck are they even selling Gods and Kings if it's more than the upgrade path?

I just paid 7.50 for Gods and Kings this morning and could have gotten all the DLC and God and Kings for 5.00.

Fucking rage!

xelios

Looks like the Tomb Raider price did not go back down to its daily price, which is kind of shitty--so forget about the $13 unless it gets changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom