• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 II - ITT we buy $1 games and complain about them

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
Looks like the Tomb Raider price did not go back down to its daily price, which is kind of shitty--so forget about the $13 unless it gets changed.

Yeah, what the fuck? The ONE game I was planning on buying. :|

Ah, meant A Valley Without Wind, sorry. :)

It has the worst intro 5 minutes of practically any game I've ever played that wasn't crashing on impact. Maybe it's incredible once you get into it. I don't know. Maybe it has significant gameplay depth. Maybe it just has a bunch of menus and options that imply depth but really are little more than pointless checkboxes in a spreadsheet designed to cater to a certain crowd. I tried for 5 minutes and quit out to play Cart Life, a game about tedium.

delirium

If anyone wants Civ 5 Gold, I have a key that I would rather trade for 2 copies of Torchlight 2 (for me and my bro) + 1 USD Paypal?

nexen

On the fence on Bioshock Infinite.
On the one hand - I really love the Bioshock franchise and want to play this badly.
On the other hand - summer seal.

Do you guys think it will be any lower in the seal? I buy almost nothing above $20 anymore so I'm hesitant to pull the trigger on $30

1-D_FTW

/\

It's been out long enough that someone is bound to have it on sale for 20 dollars soon. I wouldn't buy unless you really wanted to play it today.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Hmm, those Gamefly deals are good but the UK prices are higher.. anyone want to help me out by picking up Sniper Elite V2 and Torchlight 2? I can paypal the money over! Would be eternally grateful.

Edit: unless the summer sale price will be around the same amount?

delirium

both would be the gold / collector versions. Gamefly has Tropico4 for $8 and Steam has Civ5 Gold for 12 (steambux).

hm.

GMG/Gamefly both have Civ 5 Gold for $10.

EDIT: If you are going to buy Civ 5 Gold, could you buy it off me for 2x Torchlight 2 and I'll give you $1 USD paypal to cover the difference?

baconcow

On the fence on Bioshock Infinite.
On the one hand - I really love the Bioshock franchise and want to play this badly.
On the other hand - summer seal.

Do you guys think it will be any lower in the seal? I buy almost nothing above $20 anymore so I'm hesitant to pull the trigger on $30

If you really want that game, people on CAG sell that game sub $20 now. Picked mine up for $25 2 months ago. Steam keys from the AMD bundle.

GMG/Gamefly both have Civ 5 Gold for $10.

EDIT: If you are going to buy Civ 5 Gold, could you buy it off me for 2x Torchlight 2 and I'll give you $1 USD paypal to cover the difference?

was looking for it through steam because of card money. I'll PM you if I decide to bite on it

sprinkles

Finally got Civilization V (Gold), played every game in the series except this one for some reason, maybe the bad reviews from Civ IV players. But for ~7€ at Gamefly I could not wait any longer.

Finally got Civilization V (Gold), played every game in the series except this one for some reason, maybe the bad reviews from Civ IV players. But for ~7€ at Gamefly I could not wait any longer.

Civ IV players only really panned it at release. Gods and Kings and patches really helped the game out a lot. It's still a very different beast than Civ IV, but is a strong game with its own identity.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
The discount stacks, yes. Comes to $21.60 all up.

Edit: Bfuisbahuifsafhsafsa

I was talking about the duration of the 10% discount off from CivV BNW. It would be the cheapest if I can buy it at that price!

Civ IV players only really panned it at release. Gods and Kings and patches really helped the game out a lot. It's still a very different beast than Civ IV, but is a strong game with its own identity.

Yeah, it took GnK to iron out its problems, and BNW will make it even better, hopefully able to sit beside IV.

New Vegas is tempting at that price, but I would want all the DLC as well, and I have to imagine the ultimate edition will be cheaper during a Steam sale then buying the vanilla version and all the DLC.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
New Vegas is tempting at that price, but I would want all the DLC as well, and I have to imagine the ultimate edition will be cheaper during a Steam sale then buying the vanilla version and all the DLC.

Yeah, I'd wait. Especially with New Vegas, as the DLC is really high quality and shouldn't be skipped.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
I have an extra copy of Rush Bros for $5 Paypal from a discounted 2-pack if anyone wants it, just pm me.

25% off coupons for it can be found here.

Edit : Rift isn't a Steam code after all.

HoosTrax

Wat.

ss_2087b10e364480089188a53dcb1563b935847782.1920x1080.jpg

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
It's a good deal if you can actually get into those things. I am dead to that genre.

derExperte

If you love the main game and want slightly wider level design, pick up Landwehr Canal and Neudorf Outpost. The other two are kinda meh in terms of design.

No idea if I like the game, just bought it a few minutes ago. And I'm not a completionist so let's wait.

Oh and for German-GAFers: They patched the cut version to be uncut and we now can buy the Kill Hitler DLC right through Steam. http://steamcommunity.com/app/63380/discussions/0/864969953312241361/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom