• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 II - ITT we buy $1 games and complain about them

Status
Not open for further replies.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Foil badges are separate from normal so you can have both. They just give you a shiny additional badge and 100xp.

I don't want to be a dick, but after 5+ times I don't think anyone is interested....

Yeah, I'm starting to think like that too. I'm trying to push them out because they'll expire at 18th of this month. I though after the rumors of "guns of icarus" getting cards at least that one would be useful but seems not. There is also a slight possibility that people doesn't read the spoiler part.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Well if you still have cards in your inventory, it will show up. I've never played TF2 and the badge was there for me.

I Think anyway. When in doubt, beta.

I don't - I sell all my cards the day I get them.

I have zero cards on my profile. TF2 disappeared last week, because I didn't play it last week. I played it this week, bam, It's back.

DOTA 2 didn't show up ever on my profile. This week, I ran DOTA 2 because I wanted to check something in the in game chat channels, BAM, DOTA 2 is showing up in my cards profile area.

Again, I have no cards at all, as I sold all of them. I also have no Badges crafted from cards because, as I said, I sell all of the cards the moment they drop.

Well I went to the store page for each piece of DLC available for Civ V and it shows that I own all of them except Brave New World. So if you have the Civ V base game and you buy the Gold Upgrade for $5 it will give you all of the DLC you'd get with either Gods and Kings or Civ V gold edition, but for $5 instead of $7.50.

Acorn

So thats every game I own now exhausted in terms of cards. Out of 8 games I got zero foil drops, has anyone else been this unlucky?

Rufus

So thats every game I own now exhausted in terms of cards. Out of 8 games I got zero foil drops, has anyone else been this unlucky?
Looking at the ratio of regular vs foils on the market, I would say a LOT of people. You can't expect to win, no matter how much you play.

cicero

Out of ten games I owned I got zero foil drops. I think it safe to assume that is the norm for the majority of people.

1-D_FTW

Yes but I bought the gold edition upgrade. I assumed that it was everything that you get with Civ V gold except the base Civ V game. I cant find a page for the Gold Upgrade that shows what was supposed to come with it.

This is all I see under DLC

BPTPolG.jpg

Submitted a support ticket to see if they'll change my Gods and Kings purchase to the Gold Upgrade package. Don't hold out much hope. I don't even care if they credit me the 2.50, it's just the principal of it all:( I don't get why they're even selling it separately anymore. It makes zero sense based on the pricing they're using.

I haven't gotten any, but I'm in no position to complain when it comes to these type of things.

Acorn

Submitted a support ticket to see if they'll change my Gods and Kings purchase to the Gold Upgrade package. Don't hold out much hope. I don't even care if they credit me the 2.50, it's just the principal of it all:( I don't get why they're even selling it separately anymore. It makes zero sense based on the pricing they're using.

I haven't gotten any, but I'm in no position to complain when it comes to these type of things.

Yeah I never realised the chance was 1 in 100.

I love how the Faerie Solitare cards and even foils are so little, because nobody wants to play a game called Faerie Solitare. You'd think that would make them more.

sibarraz

Banned
I recently discovered bit trip runner, and is an awesome game

Between this an the last humble bundle, I realized that I had missed lots of good indie games

sibarraz

Banned
Glad to hear more people are getting excited about the indie scene.

Thomas was alone made me realize that I need to give more chances to indie games

One question, are this games short?

For example, I bought HB8, BM8 and I won an Indie Jam 7

Will love to play most of them, but time is short, plus, I had binding of isaac, and I had yet to beat the game for a second time, not to mention that I had yet to beat the game with the other characters

Grief.exe

Thomas was alone made me realize that I need to give more chances to indie games

One question, are this games short?

For example, I bought HB8, BM8 and I won an Indie Jam 7

Will love to play most of them, but time is short, plus, I had binding of isaac, and I had yet to beat the game for a second time, not to mention that I had yet to beat the game with the other characters

http://www.howlongtobeat.com/

Don't feel like you have to beat every game, I would recommend only beating the ones that get high praise on GAF.

Otherwise you will bog yourself down and it will make it more into a job.

Caerith

Silly question about Civ V: do the Gold and Game of the Year editions gave different library icons?
Didn't see this get answered, but it all rolls up into just Sid Meier's Civilization V, black background with a golden V.

Also, if the last four pages of this thread are any indication, we really need something like this:
Preferably in non-shitty quality.

i had two company of heroes 2 betas on my library and now only one is there with 10 days left? did that happen to anyone? does that mean i only have 10 days to try it in comparison to before where there was no limit?

Well I wish you luck on the support ticket. It's all pretty confusing since they don't have a page that lists what is included in the Gold Upgrade pack. Valve really should hire me to do CS/go over their store pages with a fine toothed comb/janitor/anything.

ShaneB

i had two company of heroes 2 betas on my library and now only one is there with 10 days left? did that happen to anyone? does that mean i only have 10 days to try it in comparison to before where there was no limit?

Yes. I assume they rolled the beta entries into one, and when the open beta ends, it will be removed from your library.

cicero

Well I wish you luck on the support ticket. It's all pretty confusing since they don't have a page that lists what is included in the Gold Upgrade pack. Valve really should hire me to do CS/go over their store pages with a fine toothed comb/janitor/anything.
Do all Valve employees get the full Steam library for free?

JakeD

Btw Euro Truck Simulator Can be activated on steam, but you need to install the gamefly client to get the key...

Well then I'll give it a try and get a controller later if needed.

you can probably make it work, it just requires a bunch of tweaking in the steering sensitivity settings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom