• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 II - ITT we buy $1 games and complain about them

Status
Not open for further replies.

wilflare

Civ V is being weird...
On Steam client/Enhanced Steam, it says I do not have Wonders of the Ancient World
but under the DLC tab - Scenario Pack: Ancient Wonders

does the gold upgrade include things from the Deluxe ed? like the soundtrack etc

sibarraz

Banned
Steam Cloud has some problem? this day had gave me some problems with all his related games while I launch them (I could start them, but a message appears saying that the games couldn't be synced

feel

Some trading card games I have, but without any cards (sold them), are suddenly not showing up in the badge progress page (http://steamcommunity.com/id/*******/badges), is that normal?

Some other games (also without any cards after selling them all) are still there. Can't find the pattern to why some are showing and others not.

I posted a big long post about why you should get Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 and then GAF decided to die right as I hit post. I really don't feel like typing it all again so here is a summary:

+Ride your own rides.
+Explore your park with a free camera.
+The water parks and animals add a lot to the game.
+TONS of custom scenery out there allowing you to make anything. Seriously watch this video. action starts at about 4:30.
+Scratches that Tycoon itch.
+Fast forward button.

-Not as charming as the original games.
-Guests walk a lot slower.
-Pathfinding not so great.

I think there is a ton of content for the price and I would pick it up now because of all the news of Atari going under, we don't know how long it will be on steam.

AngryChincilla - totally agree :) I only started using Steam about 3 weeks ago and had been looking for some older games I used to play. Dived right in last night when I saw RC3 on sale. As you say, you get a ton of content for your money.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Bioshock 2 has been getting a ton of updates the past 11 days.

Might be seeing that removal of GFWL and addition of Steam achievements soon

http://steamdb.info/app/8850/#section_history

It'll never happen but if changing to Steamworks/not GFWL got people playing the multiplayer again I would love that. I had so much fun with it on the 360 and put in maaaaaaaany hours, a lot more than I thought I would initially tbh.

Can anyone tell me why I can't get any cards for DOTA 2? I have joined the beta, the group and bought something at the store - it still says "no card drops remaining", when I can get cards in other games.

Caerith

In the one hand you hold a plate of food carefully crafted from Styrofoam with a core of liquid shit -- like some twisted Gusher from a bad horror movie; In the other are three plates: a nice appetizer, a serviceable entree, and a desert by a gastronome who really wanted to transform and highlight the liquid shit, so he made it into a shit foam.
You're holding three plates in one hand? What the fuck is wrong with your hands?

Civ V is being weird...
On Steam client/Enhanced Steam, it says I do not have Wonders of the Ancient World
but under the DLC tab - Scenario Pack: Ancient Wonders

does the gold upgrade include things from the Deluxe ed? like the soundtrack etc
I believe we have the Ancient Wonders discussion every 20 hours or so. If you try and purchase it, it will let you click "Purchase For Myself" in the cart but then prevent you from going any further.

What was the Deluxe edition? I have the GOTY + Korea/Wonders + Gods and Kings + Brave New World Edition, and there is indeed a soundtrack in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\sid meier's civilization v\assets\DLC\DLC_Deluxe\Soundtrack, so I imagine that the Gold Edition has it too.

Nabs

Starting a Zeboyd game late at night is a bad idea. It's hard to put it down with all the crazy shit they throw at you.

So, uhm, I haven't really kept up with the whole card thing that's been going on for a couple of weeks now.

Anyone feels like explaining how I can take part in it (or forward me to a post which explains)?

Salsa

that moment when you look for something short to play and realize you haven't played Kentucky Route Zero act 2 yet

ib0JOa1GqaJ3cp.gif

I was close to writing an angry post about how they removed the Trine 2 DLC before I could buy it but it actually has an upgrade option to Trine 2 Complete.

GG Frozenbyte

M.D

Should I play the previous seasons of Sam & Max before playing the third one that was in the Humble Bundle?

Caerith

Should I play the previous seasons of Sam & Max before playing the third one that was in the Humble Bundle?
Yes. Each season has its own story arc, but there's a ton of narrative continuity between seasons and a lot of callbacks to previous characters and plot points.

No, they're horrible. Season 3 was designed to be an introduction to the universe, as well. There are callbacks but they're not worth the pain of the first two seasons.

Danj

Can anyone tell me why I can't get any cards for DOTA 2? I have joined the beta, the group and bought something at the store - it still says "no card drops remaining", when I can get cards in other games.

I just looked into this, apparently with DOTA2 you had to "own" the game before the Trading Card beta started to get the initial card drops. If you don't, then you have to spend $9 for each extra drop.

Danj

Cheers mate, had one already.

So do I just leave the games running, no need to actually play them?

Correct, though there are a couple gotchas to be aware of:

For DOTA2 to get your initial card drops you had to already "own" the game before the Trading Card beta started.
For TF2 to get your initial card drops you had to have owned the game or spent money in the Mann Co store.

And here are a couple of tips:

You can idle in games to get your initial card drops, they seem to drop around one every 20-25 minutes.
For Source Engine games you can use these options to idle in textmode: -textmode -nosound -window -nopreload -novid -dxlevel 81 +map "itemtest". I have tested this with TF2, HL2, Portal 2, L4D2 and DOTA2 and it works for all of them. You may see error messages, as long as the game is still running you can just ignore them.
For Borderlands 2 you can just idle at the splash screen.

Nabs

So yeah, Penny Arcade Ep 4 is pretty good so far. It's weird how PA fans are willing to support their silly kickstarters, but won't push to get this game in the top 10 on Steam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom