• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 II - ITT we buy $1 games and complain about them

Status
Not open for further replies.

JakeD

does anyone know a trick for forcing cloud sync with game categorization? finally finished sorting 200+ games for the second time and i dont want to lose all my work again when i turn on my other computer

sibarraz

Banned
I will love to buy the gold pack of civilization to know the series, but honestly, I had spend too much money and that game seems a bit demanding of time

But then I recall that guy who played civ 1 for like 20 years in short intervals and did fine

But well, now I'm focused in dota, isaac and maybe total war rome, and to hope to see more games that I own with TCG so I could drop a foil, and had a chance to buy the arcana item for lina in dota (and with that item you had 4 more card drops.

Zia

Didn't see this get answered, but it all rolls up into just Sid Meier's Civilization V, black background with a golden V.

Also, if the last four pages of this thread are any indication, we really need something like this:

Preferably in non-shitty quality.

Hey, thanks for answering.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
So I bought the season pass and this is what DLC is left. Which ones are worth buying?
Saints Row The Third
TY4jS6O.png

lgt4217.png

1-D_FTW

Well I wish you luck on the support ticket. It's all pretty confusing since they don't have a page that lists what is included in the Gold Upgrade pack. Valve really should hire me to do CS/go over their store pages with a fine toothed comb/janitor/anything.

It's my fault for not reading. But it was always the upgrade just includes DLC. You need to buy Gods and Kings. Wasn't following close enough to realize there was a GOTY and Gold edition. And Gold had G&K. But it's so redundant. The Gold upgrade normal price is 20. And Gods and Kings is 30. So who the fuck is going to pay 30 dollars when you get the same exact thing, plus all the extra DLC for 10 dollars less?

Obviously a dumbass who doesn't read the text. But talk about something that has only potential for raged off buyers. There's zero instance where you'd ever want to choose G&K over Gold. *Sigh* I feel like going and selling my three remaining TF2 cards in protest;)

Zeroth

Got a pop-up on Steam telling me Brave New World was only R$4, but when I went to the store the price was fixed :( Seems like it was a bug yesterday, but I missed it and now Steam is mocking me for it!

Above: Thank you :)

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Hmmm... Borderlands 2 or Mass Effect Trilogy... Hard decision... lol

In the one hand you hold a plate of food carefully crafted from Styrofoam with a core of liquid shit -- like some twisted Gusher from a bad horror movie; In the other are three plates: a nice appetizer, a serviceable entree, and a desert by a gastronome who really wanted to transform and highlight the liquid shit, so he made it into a shit foam.

Cool, how long ago was Castlevania: Lords of Shadow – Ultimate Edition added on Steam? I hope it will be $40 or so.
No you are cursing the game more than Dracula.

30 U.S. is the fair price, the game is several years old.

Funny thing, after the Konami press event, i got the impression that Lords of Shadow 1 is thte morer interesting game. The new 1 seems blowing hot and cold.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Blaaah I just had Steam Guard trigger but it won't send me the verification email even though I checked on the web and my account address is correct. Filed a ticket but Steam Support is so slooooow. No idea why Steam Guard came on this is the computer I've had for years. :/

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Blaaah I just had Steam Guard trigger but it won't send me the verification email even though I checked on the web and my account address is correct. Filed a ticket but Steam Support is so slooooow. No idea why Steam Guard came on this is the computer I've had for years. :/

Switching browsers for the web logon or clearing your cookies can mess with it. :/

People keep talking about the trading cards but I don't see it. Is it a beta? How do I get in?

https://www.google.com/?q=steam+trading+cards ;)

But seriously:
http://steamcommunity.com/tradingcards/
http://steamcommunity.com/tradingcards/#join_beta
--or if someone here has a spare invite they can invite you.

fernandes

Thanks -- finally got the email. You'd think that would be one email they'd make sure went out pretty quickly. :p

Their email service is usually pretty quick but it's lagging bad right now. I bought something on the Steam store and the email with the receipt hasn't arrived yet. Same thing with an item sold on the market.

feel

Haha awesome.

Deadlight and Borderlands 2 are the last two card games I haven't played (iddled lol), hopefully I'll get my first foil in one of them, not getting my hopes up though.
(self quote) Wtf went into my inventory to sell a HL2 card I had twice, and turns out one was a foil I didn't notice before. I'll take the $15/$20 thank you very much Gabe.

fernandes

Deadlight and Borderlands 2 are the last two card games I haven't played (iddled lol), hopefully I'll get my first foil in one of them, not getting my hopes up though.

I don't think Deadlight has cards yet. They announced they were testing it last week, maybe it will be in the next batch.

Yes but I bought the gold edition upgrade. I assumed that it was everything that you get with Civ V gold except the base Civ V game. I cant find a page for the Gold Upgrade that shows what was supposed to come with it.

This is all I see under DLC

BPTPolG.jpg

check the DLC through steam. Should show everything

Just finished Anna. It gets kinda obscure in it's puzzles in the second half, but it's okay. There's some decent atmosphere there, and a handful of spooks. The soundtrack is seems somewhat out of place at times, with soothing guitar music coming in after you enter a room with eyes scribbled all over the walls, and the sound of footsteps running toward you. It's good music though.

Game's okay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom