• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 II - ITT we buy $1 games and complain about them

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingKong

did anyone else get an email from War of the Roses? they gave me a key for War of the Roses: Kingmaker but I never bought the game (I was in the beta though)

Grief.exe

Oh man I laughed so hard I spit my drink all over my keyboard and monitor.

You're welcome...for the laughing part not for the spilling your drink part.

I've watched that video about 10 times now.

'No one saw Call of Duty Ghosts coming!!!' Gets me every time.

They could have found earlier prior art on that lean.

I thought the same thing too, but they were probably just looking for something with video that was high enough resolution you could downsample it and still look good.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
if1SizqwgFZEg.gif
Incredible stuff. That logo is BOSS.

nexen

You're welcome...for the laughing part not for the spilling your drink part.

I've watched that video about 10 times now.

'No one saw Call of Duty Ghosts coming!!!' Gets me every time.

I thought the same thing too, but they were probably just looking for something with video that was high enough resolution you could downsample it and still look good.

Hell COD used to have lean, iirc. Wasn't it COD:MW2 that was responsible for the quote "It's not balanced for lean?"

Grief.exe

Hell COD used to have lean, iirc. Wasn't it COD:MW2 that was responsible for the quote "It's not balanced for lean?"

I just started to type Not balanced for lean into google and it auto completed it for me.

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/not-balanced-for-lean

Mere months before the impending release of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, Infinity Ward announced that the PC version of the game was to remove features like dedicated servers and the ability to lean. In a Best Buy-hosted online chat following the announcement, Vince Zampalla and Mackey McCandlish attempted to answer the questions of understandably angry PC fanboys, leading to this memorable exchange between McCandlish and user zach426:
02:34 zach426
What was your guy’s logic behind removing the lean feature for PC, a feature that was a mainstay from all of your previous call of duty titles?
02:34 Mackey-IW
The game is not balanced for lean.
The awkwardly-phrased response became a meme in the PC community equivalent to that of “Giant Enemy Crab” from Sony’s E3 2006 conference.

derExperte

Either something is broken or they increased the time that it takes for things to drop.

So you aren't getting cards either?

My cards are dropping VERY rarely as well, half an hour idling in Trine 2 and still nothing, 104 minutes in TBD and ARES got me 2 cards for the former and 1 for the latter. They must have done something to the dropping ratio/time necessary, whatever they're using for normal drops.

Good to know, now I can stop restarting Steam and the games.

So you aren't getting cards either?

Nope. 4 games running for 2 hours, got like 4 cards total.
I assume this is happening to everyone, since the market is weird and prices are dropping fast since no one is buying yet because they don't know what cards they're missing.

Makes the prices much less volatile and kind of takes the fun out of it. :(

Good to know, now I can stop restarting Steam and the games.
Haha, did they same a few times. I though something was broken.

Tomodachi

Nope. 4 games running for 2 hours, got like 4 cards total.
I assume this is happening to everyone, since the market is weird and prices are dropping fast since no one is buying yet because they don't know what cards they're missing.

Makes the prices much less volatile and kind of takes the fun out of it. :(

I think it will give more value to the cards in the long run, even if by a small margin. Right now people probably still haven't realized about the increase in the time required for drops and are applying the same old prices, except no one is buying and everyone is undercutting like hell => prices dropping like flies.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
If you bought UNEPIC on GOG, Gamersgate, Desura or IndieRoyale (July Jubilee bundle last year), you are eligible for a Steam key.

Step 1:

• GOG - Go to Unepic in your library, click on the box art and below the installer you will find a key. This is not the Steam key; copy it and go to step 2.

serial1ebm8.png

• Gamersgate - Go to Unepic in your library and reveal its serial key on the right hand side. This is not the Steam key; copy it and go to step 2.

serial22hxr6.png

• Desura - You should have a key in your CD keys area of the site. This is not the Steam key; go to step 2.

• IndieRoyale - Go to your July Jubilee bundle purchase and copy the "In Game Items" key from Unepic. This is not the Steam key; go to step 2.

serial3kfpzz.png

Step 2:

I think it will give more value to the cards in the long run, even if by a small margin. Right now people probably still haven't realized about the increase in the time required for drops and are applying the same old prices, except no one is buying and everyone is undercutting like hell => prices dropping like flies.

Still, I am sure right now, while it is still in Beta, it is the best time to sell cards.
I am sure the card-prices will drop to 5-10cents or even lower when it finally goes public.

Tomodachi

Still, I am sure right now, while it is still in Beta, it is the best time to sell cards.
I am sure the card-prices will drop to 5-10cents or even lower when it finally goes public.

Yeah, definitely, I'm selling as I get them, the faster the better right now. I think the increase in their value will be a long term one and as a whole, and it would be too risky keeping them to sell them later anyway. They could change the rules anytime and they could end up being worth shit :p

Also I'm under the impression that today they're selling even faster then usual. The demand for cards must be increasing...

I was so sure I bought Unepic in some bundle or sale but I just can't seem to find it. I didn't get the right Indieroyale for sure... seem to remember it was in a Groupees but I can't seem to find it in my purchased list. Can't even fucking keep track of all these bundles these days :\. Looks like no Unepic for me.

The Steam forums for Planetary Annihilation are on fire right now. The devs have released an official statement saying that the $90 price corresponds to their Kickstarter pricing for early access and that it will be $60 in beta. I think this is first game ever to go backwards in price using the early access model? In any case, they've drawn a shitstorm upon themselves but according to a PA dev on reddit, they think all publicity is good publicity (or something to that effect).

edit - I also ended up with a copy of the Maw. I was fortunate enough to get one from a kind Gaffer earlier today so I figure I'll pass mine on to someone else. First to quote gets a PM with the key.

Grief.exe

I was so sure I bought Unepic in some bundle or sale but I just can't seem to find it. I didn't get the right Indieroyale for sure... seem to remember it was in a Groupees but I can't seem to find it in my purchased list. Can't even fucking keep track of all these bundles these days :\. Looks like no Unepic for me.

The Steam forums for Planetary Annihilation are on fire right now. The devs have released an official statement saying that the $90 price corresponds to their Kickstarter pricing for early access and that it will be $60 in beta. I think this is first game ever to go backwards in price using the early access model? In any case, they've drawn a shitstorm upon themselves but according to a PA dev on reddit, they think all publicity is good publicity (or something to that effect).

edit - I also ended up with a copy of the Maw. I was fortunate enough to get one from a kind Gaffer earlier today so I figure I'll pass mine on to someone else. First to quote gets a PM with the key.

Prison Architect.

Momentary

Banned
Valdis Story needs to hurry up and hit Steam. They have to implement the last boss and clean up the animations on the other playable characters and do the credits. After that the game is ready to go.

Luckily, Endless Fluff already has a game on Steam so they should be able to get this on there without a hitch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxdnPNae55A

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Well, I am now beyond all hope.

ohgodofpas.png

I guess it was nice knowing you guys. I know it's an inflated figure (Think actual library count is 700), but still, oh...god how did this even happen?

Edit: Make that 1002. Big thanks to Xelios for telling me how to get Unepic as I bought the July Jubilee bundle last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom