• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 II - ITT we buy $1 games and complain about them

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys think that Witcher 2 price is the same as it will be during the summer sale? Can't really go much lower than that can it?

Also, when the hell does the summer sale start?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
http://www.indiegala.com/

IndieGala June Bundle

DRM Free:
Creatures: The Albian Years

Desura:
Chester
1 Locked game

Steam:
Pirates of Black Cove
Sword of the Stars Complete Collection
Vessel
Aquanox
Star Ruler
Edna and Harvey
A New Beginning
4 Locked games.

Cheers, bought for Star Ruler, ANB and the hope that the other four bear some fruit.

Chronoja

Well, I am now beyond all hope.

*picture*

I guess it was nice knowing you guys. I know it's an inflated figure (Think actual library count is 700), but still, oh...god how did this even happen?

Edit: Make that 1002. Big thanks to Xelios for telling me how to get Unepic as I bought the July Jubilee bundle last year.

Oh ho ho not so. This rabbit hole goes much deeper. Your journey has just begun!

JaseC

If you bought UNEPIC on GOG, Gamersgate, Desura or IndieRoyale (July Jubilee bundle last year), you are eligible for a Steam key.

Step 1:

• GOG - Go to Unepic in your library, click on the box art and below the installer you will find a key. This is not the Steam key; copy it and go to step 2.

serial1ebm8.png

• Gamersgate - Go to Unepic in your library and reveal its serial key on the right hand side. This is not the Steam key; copy it and go to step 2.

serial22hxr6.png

• Desura - You should have a key in your CD keys area of the site. This is not the Steam key; go to step 2.

• IndieRoyale - Go to your July Jubilee bundle purchase and copy the "In Game Items" key from Unepic. This is not the Steam key; go to step 2.

serial3kfpzz.png

Step 2:

Seems there are still no keys.

Edit: Steam keys, I mean.

Knurek

If someone didn't like the Witcher due to the combat, what are the chances they'll like the second?

Both games are completely different, Witcher 2's fight system is kind of, sort of based on the one used in Dark Souls (infinitely more shallow though IMO).

adaen

Seems there are still no keys.

Edit: Steam keys, I mean.

Actually, I was able to grab a key 2 hours ago. Either they get a very low amount of keys every time or the post in their forum I made about it, like they suggest, did the trick.

JaseC

Actually, I was able to grab a key 2 hours ago. Either they get a very low amount of keys every time or the post in their forum I made about it, like they suggest, did the trick.

I was under the impression that a batch of keys would come and be used for the key generator, not be handed out individually to those who post. Seems rather inefficient.

Knurek

I was under the impression that a batch of keys would come and be used for the key generator, not be handed out individually to those who post. Seems rather inefficient.

For what it's worth, I didn't have any problems with claiming Steam key, back when xelios made the first post about the game.

FYC

Banned
Hey, which one of you took the Serious Sam games I put up for grabs and didn't tell me :mad:

Well, enjoy. Double D kicks ass. The Random Encounter was okay too.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
damnit, Indiana Jones & The Fate of Atlantis keeps popping up the damn "Text Speed" slider every minute. impossible to play :(

Acorn

lol@backward ass PSN.

Pre ordered the digital copy of Last Of Us, promptly found out it was 28 gigs with no pre load.

Also midnight is 1am apparently.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
lol@backward ass PSN.

Pre ordered the digital copy of Last Of Us, promptly found out it was 28 gigs with no pre load.

Also midnight is 1am apparently.

Did the same, never using them again. Would have been playing this morning if I'd just ordered online.

Nillansan

Both games are completely different, Witcher 2's fight system is kind of, sort of based on the one used in Dark Souls (infinitely more shallow though IMO).

I don't know if this will address the aspects of combat that you dislike, but I think it is worth mentioning that a CDPR developer is working on a combat mod for Witcher II.

Link.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Just my luck. :(

The Unepic keys have been out of stock then in stock on the site generator for over a week (or two?). But lately they've been getting back in every day, possibly multiple times a day; keep checking back.

JaseC

The Unepic keys have been out of stock then in stock on the site generator for over a week (or two?). But lately they've been getting back in every day, possibly multiple times a day; keep checking back.

Yeah, I gathered as much from the thread about the issue on the official forums. Just get a batch of, say, 5000 and be done with it. :p

In other news, my foils are still gathering dust. My Zoombot is at $23 ($20), putting it second on the list of four, and my Strike Suit ~$28 ($25), which is a few bucks above the only other one as some bloke keeps undercutting me for some reason (why not just set it at the same price seeing as it's slim pickings, genius), but it's been well over a day since one of either type has sold.

Also, if I'd known Valve decreased the drop rate, I would have idled in Trine 2. and co. overnight. I've been in all four games for over an hour now and still nothing.

Also, if I'd known Valve decreased the drop rate, I would have idled in Trine 2. and co. overnight. I've been in all four games for over an hour now and still nothing.
I doubt it's a decreased rate and more that Steam Community has been flaking today. Even game progress and friends lists disappeared for a while, so I'd imagine something akin to TF2's item servers going haywire was the case here and simply halting drops for a period.

JaseC

I doubt it's a decreased rate and more that Steam Community has been flaking today. Even game progress and friends lists disappeared for a while, so I'd imagine something akin to TF2's item servers going haywire was the case here and simply halting drops for a period.

Ah, could be that.

Grief.exe

Last of Us makes me want to get a PS3.

The funny thing is I've already picked up a few key PS3 titles off of Craigslist for when I pick one up.

Warframe is getting pretty popular. In the top 10 most played right now.

Can someone explain the appeal of Warframe to me? I played it for a while with a buddy and it seemed so average. You start a co-op mission, kill enemies along the way as you follow checkpoint markers, press buttons to complete objectives and that's it. The combat/enemies and mission design was just average. I didn't understand the F2P hook they have and I have no idea why it's getting so popular.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom