• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 II - ITT we buy $1 games and complain about them

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I like how you had to ask this but you'll still spend fuckin $20 on a single day full of bad games you crazy bastard

Antichamber isn't bad! Impire probably is, though.

Edit: spin recently pointed out to me that the CoH2 DDE is still available for purchase through GMG. I'd not pay $100 for the bloody thing, but if Sega brings it back to Steam I'm going to be so pissed.

Edit edit: Wait, it's already back. Oh fuck you, Sega. 2 days after I pre-order the bloody thing.

Grief got banned? What offensive image did he post/use? (Note: don't post it if you dont want to get yourself banned too)

Recettear image with offensive language.

Antichamber isn't bad! Impire probably is, though.

Edit: spin recently pointed out to me that the CoH2 DDE is still available for purchase through GMG. I'd not pay $100 for the bloody thing, but if Sega brings it back to Steam I'm going to be so pissed.

Edit edit: Wait, it's already back. Oh fuck you, Sega. 2 days after I pre-order the bloody thing.

On the bright side, you saved a fuck ton of money.

How much would it cost? One of the games I have been waiting for to be released in Steam. Now only Spelunky is left

Should be 10$, with a possible first week discount. Are we still planning to organize the "no looking at hints, blind PC playthrough" that Salsa mentioned a few weeks ago? That could push me to get the game at launch, otherwise I'd probably just wait for a bundle or something.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
How much would it cost? One of the games I have been waiting for to be released in Steam. Now only Spelunky is left
No idea, there's no pre-order option yet.

Should be 10$, with a possible first week discount. Are we still planning to organize the "no looking at hints, blind PC playthrough" that Salsa mentioned a few weeks ago? That could push me to get the game at launch, otherwise I'd probably just wait for a bundle or something.
I'm in, so I hope we do it.

JaseC

On the bright side, you saved a fuck ton of money.

Only about $10, as it turns out. If Steam Support can't revert my current pre-order back to a gift copy or the Company of Heroes Collection that comes with the DDE isn't tradeable (anyone know?), I'll stick with the regular edition and just purchase the DDE at 75% off at some point in 2014.

Edit: Crunching the numbers, purchasing the DDE now would translate to a total cost of $75 ($32.50 for the reg. edition + $42.50), whereas the $32.50 I paid for the regular edition and the DDE at 75% off would come to $57.50. While I'd rather be able to flog off the regular pre-order and make that $32.50 back, if I can at least sell the Company of Heroes Collection for $12.50 (which is the lowest it's been on Steam), that'd effectively reduce the total cost to $62.50, which is just $5 more than the alternative and without the wait.

FloatOn

total drag about grief.exe being banned. oh well, I'm failing at the "two in april" thing anyway.

Looking forward to the Monaco pre-order trailer and price. I might just preorder that one, my eye has been on it for awhile now.

Also, does anyone know what the hell is up with Spy Party? Coming out in the next year or so or what?

Tizoc

Just checking but in Hitman Absolution, say I'm crouching behind a box and on the other side is an enemy, if I don't hide behind the box as a 'cover' the enemy will still spot me?

Just booted up Xcom to see what it was like. For some odd reason the clock jumped ahead 2 hours, but daylight savings was a couple weeks ago right?

JaseC

Well, I went ahead with it since according to SPUF posts the original Company of Heroes games are indeed gift copies.

coh2ce4kupz.jpg

Now to go wait for Steam Support to either revert my current pre-order back to a gift (doubtful, but there's no harm in trying) or remove it entirely.

Who's in for a Monaco 4-pack? (should be available in the Steam store today, for $40.50 according to the official Monaco twitter account)

1. Me
2. baconcow
3. Phinor
4. Phinor

Edit: All gone, now we just have to wait for Steam :)

Phinor

Who's in for a Monaco 4-pack? (should be available in the Steam store today, for $40.50 according to the official Monaco twitter account)

1. Me
2. baconcow

I'm up for 2 copies if still available. The € pricing will suck anyway so joining a $ based 4-pack is optimal.

JaseC

La Mulana keys have been sent out, at least as far as Groupees is concerned:

I just checked my Groupees account and there was a Steam Key for La Mulana, so they seem to have arrived at last.

I just activated mine.

Edit: Beaten.

Nillansan

Going by the Steam forums, Sacred Citadel is apparently worth the price of admission. Quite a few people describe it as a faster and more fluid version of Castle Crashers.

Any GAF impressions out there?

Heads up: Groupees Greenlight bundle purchases now have a Steam key for La-Mulana.

Daaaamn, why I'm at work, unable to use Steam, jeez. I really need a laptop to carry my Steam stuff around...

I'll get to this when I get back home.

Oh, and today is the GL picks day! Here is me (wishfully) thinking they will ever approve us the games we have under consideration.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Bit annoying it took 8 hours for my Purchase of Fallout 3 on Impulse to be processed, but its not like I'm going to play it straight away. I'm still playing around in New Vegas.

JaseC

If all goes to plan I should be able to complete BioInf some time this weekend. I'll probably move on to the Dishonored DLC (is Dunwall City Trials worth playing?) and then Metro 2033, seeing as Last Light is out in a month.

I like to imagine mine and JaseC's avatars as being across the room from each other at a crowded high-class party, reacting.

vlcsnap-2013-04-17-231iuxz.jpg

Here's a fun fact: Saoirse would later be on the cover of the March 2010 issue of Seventeen's Singapore edition.

Bit annoying it took 8 hours for my Purchase of Fallout 3 on Impulse to be processed, but its not like I'm going to play it straight away. I'm still playing around in New Vegas.

Yeah, I had to wait several hours for Game UK to process my Doom 3: BFG order. I find it rather odd that, outside of perhaps an account's debut one, orders pertaining to DD items need to be manually processed.

Going by the Steam forums, Sacred Citadel is apparently worth the price of admission. Quite a few people describe it as a faster and more fluid version of Castle Crashers.

Any GAF impressions out there?

I've just picked it up. I've got to make dinner now, but I'll post up some impression when I get the chance to give it a fair go. If anyone is interested you can get it for £10.70 with £3 credit on GMG with this code. W67L9-CBWFL-RMVYL

JaseC

Today's Daily is 75% off Hell Yeah. Sega Aussie Taxes virtually everything it publishes (curious, I crunched the numbers some months ago; only about a dozen of its items on Steam weren't taxed), so I'm assuming it's $3.75 in the US.

Nillansan

I've just picked it up. I've got to make dinner now, but I'll post up some impression when I get the chance to give it a fair go. If anyone is interested you can get it for £10.70 with £3 credit on GMG with this code. W67L9-CBWFL-RMVYL

Thanks. I might end up getting it via GMG.

Well, Agarest was Greenlit from what I see. And Pinball Arcade! Great there.

No Escape Goat though... None of our games either, sigh. This will take years...

Deques

Is that even accurate? For example, when I check the library it says 379 games, but when I check my profile it says 510 for some reason. Not sure what's up with that.

The number in the library should be the accurate number. Everything else is listing with tools, applications and dlcs in all different ways. Someone can correct me if I am wrong

Blizzard

Banned
Can we stop complaining that Pinball games aren't being Greenlit now?
I don't see a Greenlight list yet.

But according to the other thread, Pinball Arcade appears to have made it, so I'm guessing that's what you are referring to. In which case yes, it's about time, and that was one of the main remaining games I hoped made through the system. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom